NOVAs Still Alive in South Jersey

MarkD329

Took a short trip out today thinking all of the NOVA RTS were gone but I got a surprise; 1207 was pulling out of the Newton Ave garage, and 1263 was on the 450 [sorry, no pictures, forgot my camera]. Rode 5924 on its maiden voyage on the 457 with that strong new bus smell.

Noticed other 5900's including 5908 [on the 404], 5913 [on a pull-out on Rt. 38], and the aforementioned 5924 on the 457.

Anyone have any confirmation on how many 5900's are coming South? I know we need about 45 of these buses to replace the NOVAs and reinforce the NABI Fleet at Washington Twp. for the exact fare lines.:tup::cool:

The 450 almost ALWAYS has a Nova!!! I am curious myself as to win this New NABI delivery will be complete and when those NOVAS will be gone, especially those beat up ones that were sent here from Paterson.

Also notice that 5366 and 5367 are now Washington Twp ( Turnersville) buses, I saw 5366 today on the 459 once again and I saw 5367 yesterday on the 403.

There are still a few NOVAs hanging around Newton Ave. So far, I have seen 1133, 1202, 1204, 1205, 1207, and 1285. There may be more but I haven't seen them. Need more confirmation of their prescence.

If there are 6 NOVAs at Newton, why haven't NJT transferred some of Newton's excess NABI suburbans to Wash. Twp. yet? i think a couple of runs got missed today on the 403 because of a shortage of buses.

The 450 almost ALWAYS has a Nova!!! I am curious myself as to win this New NABI delivery will be complete and when those NOVAS will be gone, especially those beat up ones that were sent here from Paterson.

Also notice that 5366 and 5367 are now Washington Twp ( Turnersville) buses, I saw 5366 today on the 459 once again and I saw 5367 yesterday on the 403.

NOT ALWAYS. I have saw NABIs on 450 several times when I enter SJ

Just saw 1577 on the 455, that bus is still alive.
Is NJT scrapping the 1000 series Nova's yet ? Besides any wrecks or Bergen ave buses that were junk. I know there are only about 75 nova 2600 series left and they are at the Orange garage.

Right after Orange gets their NABIs, the 1000s will get scrapped
I guess that would be right when the last 75 of the 2600's go. I think arrangements have been made to save one of the them. 2625 if I remember right going to the NJ transportation heritage museum .

Archived