A trainset swapping question

RookiePhenom

Aside from Queensboro (if it even applies) does the (7)<7> train connect to any of the trains or tracks in the IRT part of the system.

Reason why I ask is because of all the R62A/R142A-188 swaps that would occur once those trains are rehabbed. Do you move trains from one yard to the other once a swap occurs, or is there some special method that needs to be done.

This has been discussed before.

(7) would switch to the BMT Astoria Line (Upper Level) at Queensboro Plaza, and does a combination of routing to get to the IRT.

Example, Down the (N) Line to the (D) West End Line, in Brooklyn, up the IND (D) Line to the Concourse Yard, and up the IRT Jerome Line (4) to the rest of the IRT.

not even. N to 57th, reverse onto 63rd, reverse again onto 6th ave and the up the IND to ether 207 or Concourse. Brooklyn not required.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia for "The Taking Of Pelham 123"

An actual R142A train (the current model used on the IRT Pelham Line) was used for the Grand Central sequence (in order to reach that track, the train needed to navigate through four boroughs).

I'm pretty sure the "fourth" borough wasnt Staten Island :P

The most likely (non-foam method) is over the switch at Queensboro, down BMT Broadway, up and over the bridge, through the bypass to Pacific St. Change ends there, then back north over the 6Av side of the bridge, up to CCY and to the IRT flyover and the mainline IRT.

I've got a question that is a bit off topic but still relates to the (7) and track connections.

I've noticed how close the Corona Yard is to the LIRR tracks. I know there isn't a connection between the yard tracks and LIRR tracks today. Has there ever been, at one point in the past, a connection from the yard to the LIRR?

• 5 weeks later...
Odd sight yes, but not uncommon. Years ago late at night I saw an R142A set rolling thru 34th st on the 6th Av line.

Sorry bring the thread back up but last Feb I was waiting for CI bound N at Pacific at about 9 or 10pm on a Sunday, and a group of either 4 or 5 Redbirds pulled in, then reversed onto the North bound D/N where I assume it went out the 6AV line.

Sorry bring the thread back up but last Feb I was waiting for CI bound N at Pacific at about 9 or 10pm on a Sunday, and a group of either 4 or 5 Redbirds pulled in, then reversed onto the North bound D/N where I assume it went out the 6AV line.

Was it just redbirds or was there a car in between them? Most likely those were work trains [usually pulling garbage] or they were moving something.

Archived