Gunfire erupts on D Train in Harlem

trainspot12

Oh cut the bull crap and political correctness. We all know that there's certain areas that have a much higher probability of gun shots going off than others. Don't believe me? Go take a look at the statistics.

it seems like Manhattan where you would think its safe is actually worse off than parts where you would expect to be dangerous.

it seems like Manhattan where you would think its safe is actually worse off than parts where you would expect to be dangerous.

Well remember, grand larceny, which is often a non-violent crime, is counted in the major crimes classification so it offsets it quite a bit. Look at the individual ones and you'll get a better picture of it.

When will you stop living in your own world?

So you're saying that there's an equally likely probability of gunfire occurring anywhere? So lets say Main Street in Flushing has an equally likely chance of having that as 86th Street/York Avenue on the Upper East Side as well as the corner of Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd and Malcolm X Blvd in Harlem? I'm not pulling this stuff out of nowhere; it's supported with statistics as well as common knowledge any true New Yorker would have.

I think guns should just be banned to everyone except the army, and etc. Normal civilians shouldn't carry them.

In NYC, it's illegal to buy, sell, or even own a gun. Now cops need guns cause there are wackos out there that get their guns illegally, so cops need them for that reason.

now the problem is, innocent civilians cant get a hold of guns, so they get ******, when some ******* has an illegal gun. :mad:

"It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

Courts have previously ruled that the police have no duty to protect individuals. You're on your own and they took your weapon away. I love liberals.

I'm not kidding. Why does a commoner need the right to say whatever they want?

It's a two sided street though. Naturally we don't want guns in the hands of people who don't need them, but at the same time, what do you do? How do you know who's who? The Constitution clearly isn't being protected or enforced, so the people would use them responsibly are just screwed until they get a licence. Something they shouldn't need. It's the sad world we live in.

In NYC, the concept of "self-defense" is dead and buried. Bloomberg wants a city population that is entirely dependent on him. Take the time that he called the NYPD "his army". Look at the current state of pistol (and even long gun) licensing in NYC. To really give yourself angina, consider the attitude of the city government towards its subjects.

It's really sickening. Hell, if anything, Bloomberg could benefit from increased crime rates: he's put the NYPD as the only thing between "evil thugs" and the people. If you wish to own a gun in NYC, you are showing Bloomberg that you don't need him to survive; and he does not like that one bit.

I agree with that 100%

It's a two sided street though. Naturally we don't want guns in the hands of people who don't need them, but at the same time, what do you do? How do you know who's who? The Constitution clearly isn't being protected or enforced, so the people would use them responsibly are just screwed until they get a licence. Something they shouldn't need. It's the sad world we live in.

I know many people who think the only "gun control" we need is the Second Amendment. I agree with that -- in a vacuum. Personally, I see two different types of legislation being enacted these days: modern Jim Crow laws, and necessary concessions. Background (NICS) check when you buy a firearm? Alright, I can accept that. A handgun permitting process that takes up to a year and costs more than $400? That is absurd.

When you look at things like the National Firearms Act (1934) and the New York Sullivan Act (1911), it's obvious that their sole intention is to keep guns out of the hands of the "poor". Hell, Timothy Sullivan himself was one of the most corrupt players in the Tammany Hall regime.

Well remember, grand larceny, which is often a non-violent crime, is counted in the major crimes classification so it offsets it quite a bit. Look at the individual ones and you'll get a better picture of it.

So you're saying that there's an equally likely probability of gunfire occurring anywhere? So lets say Main Street in Flushing has an equally likely chance of having that as 86th Street/York Avenue on the Upper East Side as well as the corner of Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd and Malcolm X Blvd in Harlem? I'm not pulling this stuff out of nowhere; it's supported with statistics as well as common knowledge any true New Yorker would have.

You just love talking down on any place that isn't the UES. Typical. Tell me why, then, I don't hear about shootings in ENY or Bed-Stuy every day? Is it because "the area's like that?"

Also:

1000x500px-LL-d9e3e614_HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW1.jpg

You just love talking down on any place that isn't the UES. Typical. Tell me why, then, I don't hear about shootings in ENY or Bed-Stuy every day? Is it because "the area's like that?"

Oh please. Step aside Mr. Nassau and let an Eye-talian from Brooklyn give you the scoop. :P I'll tell you why. It's not news worthy, that's why. Whenever they need some new black-on-black footage, they just do a story in Brownsville and then they speak to the residents who all say that they've had enough of the gun violence in their neighborhood and how they're going to set up a march and such and then you don't hear anything else about it until another big shooting happens and the cycle continues.

Another thing about "Do or die Bed-Stuy". I prefer calling it "Bedford Stuyvesant" (sounds less ghetto). That area isn't all ghetto and never was really. It's like Harlem. You've got blacks there and some of them aren't poor. Nice brownstones and such and they look out for one another and keep the area up and such. You also have some parts of it gentrifying, so some parts are actually decent. I wouldn't set foot there (at least not yet anyway) since I'm not sure what parts are "decent" and what parts are still crappy, but then again I never thought I'd set foot in East-Williamsburg/Bushwick either over by Morgan Avenue on the (L) line, so I never say never. :eek: I was surprised to see so many condos over there and actually the party that I attended over there a few months back was in a condo. Weird but true. :eek:

As for East New York, it's always been a rough area to my knowledge. I'm from Southern Brooklyn, but I still know all of the areas of Brooklyn and what to avoid and such. ;) In sum, just because you don't hear about shootings on a daily basis, doesn't mean that they don't happen. The media just may not report it. You've got the mafia in certain parts of Southern Brooklyn. I'm sure my old neighborhood in Sheepshead Bay has some mafia actions going on, but you'll never hear about it in the news unless a big sting went down. I mean really... All of those fancy Porsches, BMWs, Audis and other European luxury cars I see parading up and down Emmons Avenue when I get off of the express bus... Not everyone has a high paying job down there. ;)

Guest lance25

Okay then. I think this thread has run its course. The perp's in custody and this thread has devolved into gun control and neighborhood bashing.

Thread closed. If another mod wants to reopen it, he can.

Oh please. Step aside Mr. Nassau and let an Eye-talian from Brooklyn give you the scoop. :P I'll tell you why. It's not news worthy, that's why. Whenever they need some new black-on-black footage, they just do a story in Brownsville and then they speak to the residents who all say that they've had enough of the gun violence in their neighborhood and how they're going to set up a march and such and then you don't hear anything else about it until another big shooting happens and the cycle continues.

Another thing about "Do or die Bed-Stuy". I prefer calling it "Bedford Stuyvesant" (sounds less ghetto). That area isn't all ghetto and never was really. It's like Harlem. You've got blacks there and some of them aren't poor. Nice brownstones and such and they look out for one another and keep the area up and such. You also have some parts of it gentrifying, so some parts are actually decent. I wouldn't set foot there (at least not yet anyway) since I'm not sure what parts are "decent" and what parts are still crappy, but then again I never thought I'd set foot in East-Williamsburg/Bushwick either over by Morgan Avenue on the (L) line, so I never say never. :eek: I was surprised to see so many condos over there and actually the party that I attended over there a few months back was in a condo. Weird but true. :eek:

As for East New York, it's always been a rough area to my knowledge. I'm from Southern Brooklyn, but I still know all of the areas of Brooklyn and what to avoid and such. ;) In sum, just because you don't hear about shootings on a daily basis, doesn't mean that they don't happen. The media just may not report it. You've got the mafia in certain parts of Southern Brooklyn. I'm sure my old neighborhood in Sheepshead Bay has some mafia actions going on, but you'll never hear about it in the news unless a big sting went down. I mean really... All of those fancy Porsches, BMWs, Audis and other European luxury cars I see parading up and down Emmons Avenue when I get off of the express bus... Not everyone has a high paying job down there. ;)

I actually have to agree with both you and Joel to a certain extent. Bed-Stuy is where my family is from, and I hardle ever heard gun shots where I lived. My geothermal and his fiance still lives on the same block off Broadway & Halsey.

I also agree with Lance, this thread has run its course. I just wanted to add that bit in.

Archived