Worst NICE Bus

Oh lord another what route would you cut thread? You (in general) arm chair quarterbacks are terrible! You (again in general) hate evil Veolia because from the beginning you've assumed they are going to cut routes. But then you guys sit around and talk about routes you would cut.

Oh lord another what route would you cut thread? You (in general) arm chair quarterbacks are terrible! You (again in general) hate evil Veolia because from the beginning you've assumed they are going to cut routes. But then you guys sit around and talk about routes you would cut.

Actually, to me Veolia isn't that bad as people say. I'm just saying in your opinion what is the worst (NICE) bus and what would you do to make it better.

Actually, to me Veolia isn't that bad as people say. I'm just saying in your opinion what is the worst (NICE) bus and what would you do to make it better.

Fine I'll bite...

From what I've seen.

Eliminate N54, reroute N19 through the Amityville, RR so people can transfer to the S1 and S33

What in your opinion is the worst NICE bus.

In My Opinion

The Worst: N14/N62

Low Ridership,have close alternatives, carries air

My Suggestion: Discontinue the N14 while retaining the N62 during rush hours instead of Weekdays from 5AM-7PM

i agree with you. I ride the N62 everyday and i only see full or a lot of passengers on it only around rush hour or before the summer period, but at other times, it's either 1-4 people on each bus. If they eliminate the N62, it will definitely be a hard for me since i live about 25-40 mins (walking) away from the N36 and N4

Fine I'll bite...

From what I've seen.

Eliminate N54, reroute N19 through the Amityville, RR so people can transfer to the S1 and S33

You might end up making the N55 overcrowded if the N54 is eliminated. If your only goal is to eliminate the service between the Sunrise Mall and Amityville (so you'll just replace each N54 with an N55 bus), I'd just leave it as is. It isn't a long distance, so the cost is probably minimal (in fact, I think the N55, N71 and N80/N81 should be extended to Amityville)

You might end up making the N55 overcrowded if the N54 is eliminated. If your only goal is to eliminate the service between the Sunrise Mall and Amityville (so you'll just replace each N54 with an N55 bus), I'd just leave it as is. It isn't a long distance, so the cost is probably minimal (in fact, I think the N55, N71 and N80/N81 should be extended to Amityville)

agreed. This makes sunrise mall very easy to reach from amityville LIRR.

I think they should cut N14 cause it carries air BUT N62 I would reshape it. Take the S bayview ave segment Of N62 and merge it with select N41 or N40 trips. The guy lombardo ave segment becomes a separate N62 route and extends via main street to w seaman ave then ocean ave from lakeview ave then nassau blvd then LI jewish medical center via marcus ave from nassau blvd.

N62 becomes useful and gains extra ridership from new riders going to other parts of nassau and ppl seeking direct service along those corridors. Nassau blvd and seaman ave are corridors needing service. This new line is like a crosstown. BUT that is just my takes nothing more than an opinion. And watching traffic on nassau blvd and seaman ave.

• 2 months later...

Don't mean to bring the thread back after a long time but didn't the n55/n80/n81 use to terminate in Amityville based on a 1998 bus map showing the n55/n80/n81 to Amityville.

Fine I'll bite...

From what I've seen.

I agree, I think the N19 should at least connect to the S1. Why doesn't it ido that n the first place?

The S33 goes to Sunrise Mall so riders can already transfer between the N19 and the S33.

Archived