Q27's southern Terminus

N6 Limited

Very interesting posts on this subject. I've been in Queens for over a year now. The (Q77) is one of my home routes, although I've never took a ride on it, since there are more frequent routes closer to the crib. From what I've seen of this route, it seems like there are alternatives to get to the subway along this route. One day, when its warmer, I'll take a ride on it and gather my own conclusions from it.....

Btw, that's a Pathmark on Springfield and Merrick, not a Waldbaum`s. Its the infamous Pathmark that was shown on Ch.7 as being cleaned out in preparation for Hurricane Irene.:)

I wouldn't have a hard time doing it.

Plain as day that you haven't seen those crowds over there waiting for Brooklyn bound Q7's @ Rockaway Blvd (A)....

You "DK" about that because you "DK" what you're talking about....

Those folks either xfer to B13's or Q8's @ Euclid av (A)(C); the Q7 only goes but so far..... Having the B14 extended to rockaway blvd would put (more) folks w/i walking distance, compared w/ the current Q7 terminating where it does..... In plain english, it would eliminate an xfer scenario for quite a bit of riders....

Before they extended the Q8 to Gateway Mall (when it used to terminate w/ the Q7), Euclid/Pitkin on the SB B13, forget about it... those buses would get SRO at that one stop alone..... Having the Q8 extended did aid in taking some of those folks off of having to cram onto 13's......

Even though I explain all that.... What's funny is, look who's talking about tryna sell his ideas to riders !

I can back my ideas up with sound thoughts & at the very least, a reasonable explanation.... You have yet to show you can do either....

Good job at hatin on whatever I say for the sake of it, by the way.... You've been on that tip ever since our exchange in that thread of yours in the NE regional section that got locked, Mr. "I guess the forum has outgrown it's usefulness next."

I'm inclined to agree, but I do think Springfield, south of Jamaica (av) needs bus service..... That was the dilemma, so to speak......

Interesting BUT where do those B14 riders originate from? if it is extended maybe via linden blvd to the conduits those can reach areas by the (A) via Q53 Or via cross bay that may work BUT B14 doesn't serve euclid ave (A) directly. What about simply extending Q7 deeper into brooklyn via the conduit to broadway jct? O wait a min on a related note how reliable is the B15 JFK??

Interesting thanks you gave me an idea sort of however It is for network completion to an extent.

Very interesting posts on this subject. I've been in Queens for over a year now. The (Q77) is one of my home routes, although I've never took a ride on it, since there are more frequent routes closer to the crib. From what I've seen of this route, it seems like there are alternatives to get to the subway along this route. One day, when its warmer, I'll take a ride on it and gather my own conclusions from it.....

Btw, that's a Pathmark on Springfield and Merrick, not a Waldbaum`s. Its the infamous Pathmark that was shown on Ch.7 as being cleaned out in preparation for Hurricane Irene.^_^

Q77 is useless basically too many alternatives I'd give up on it and send it to flushing just my takes

Q77 is useless basically too many alternatives I'd give up on it and send it to flushing just my takes

The (Q77) to Flushing, how about no? The Q77 is not useless. There aren't "too many alternatives" near it. You're adding "too much mileage" to it

Interesting BUT where do those B14 riders originate from?

if it is extended maybe via linden blvd to the conduits those can reach areas by the (A) via Q53 Or via cross bay that may work

BUT B14 doesn't serve euclid ave (A) directly.

What about simply extending Q7 deeper into brooklyn via the conduit to broadway jct?

1) What B14 riders are you talking about.... Be more specific.

2) It's pointless to extend it to Rockaway blvd (A) via linden blvd to the conduits on up to cross bay for the Q53 because a] Q53's are already crowded heading NB from the Rockaways; no sense in adding Brooklyn riders to that mix & b] Sutter av (on the Queens side) is right there; it's closer north to the subway than the conduits are....

3) The B14 doesn't have to serve Euclid av, it would still serve Grant (which is a problem w/ the route; the lack of a direct connection w/ the fulton st line) en route to Queens... the point is to decrease the # of riders xferring over @ Euclid/Crescent.... having B14's coming from Rockaway blvd subway serve Euclid av would have people doing what they currently do while coming off Q7's - Transferring to the B13....

So instead of folks on EB B14's disembarking at Crescent walkin on down to the projects, there would be WB B14's (the ones that'd be comin from Queens) also disembarking @ Crescent for that same walk.... No B13 in that equation whatsoever.

4) ehh, if you ask me, the Q7 should've been extended to Gateway instead of the Q8.... Guess they chose the 8 b/c it going to/from Jamaica is an easier sell.... The current Q8 reminds me of how bad (long, drawn out, and painstakingly slow) the old Q24 to Patchen, was.... Sad part it, the route was like that prior to the extension to Gateway.... go figure....

To answer your question though, you wouldn't accomplish much of anything sending Q7's to B'way Junction... It would suffer the same exact fate of the old B12 stint b/w B'way Jnctn. & City line.... Folks weren't taking 12's to the junction b/c they were too busy taking 13's to Crescent st (J) & makin their way to the junction from there.... I might be giving too much credit to the MTA here, but I think they may have also realized that & decided to wash its hands of that old portion of the 12.....

Ridership habits, fam....

The (Q77) to Flushing, how about no? The Q77 is not useless. There aren't "too many alternatives" near it. You're adding "too much mileage" to it

lol... you saved me a couple keystrokes...

I was also goin flip that bit about too much mileage right back @ him....

Very interesting posts on this subject. I've been in Queens for over a year now. The (Q77) is one of my home routes, although I've never took a ride on it, since there are more frequent routes closer to the crib. From what I've seen of this route, it seems like there are alternatives to get to the subway along this route.

Q77 is useless basically too many alternatives

@ Subbus (nice palindrome btw):

Not that you don't already know this, but I'll still post this (below) for other readers....

@ the both of you, but more aimed at QJT:

That's the problem w/ the idea of gettin rid of the 77 outright, and/or having it run up clear along francis lewis past hillside like some suggest (posts within this thread, iddnt the first time I've heard someone propose that).... Yeh, there are other (and more frequent, connecting) routes that folks take to get to/from Jamaica.... Main issue is, the route is needed for coverage purposes.... So as was said prior, the 77 is far from useless (as QJT believes) - it just isn't as popular/utilized like the Q2's, 4's, 5's, 85's, etc. of the world.....

I'd like to chime in on this, and I will get on topic..

I absolutely CANNOT see the B14 extend to queens. Its bad enough with the current route that it runs via sutter. To me IMO, the 14 does fine where it is at Forbell Street & the Brooklyn General Facility. Probably a better sell would be extend the B14 to the former B12 on Grant Avenue (A) train via sutter, that's least I would see it, and also there's too much mileage being used for an extension like this to queens that is!.

The riding network between East New York and Ozone Park is very strange. Once the B12 from City line to the Junction got Eliminated than the (J) train picked up the ridership, and it does a better job, and still surprised that (Q56) is not eliminated, direct mock of the J Train. (J) Trains are very frequent vs the (A) train. Anything duplicating the (A) Train at this point is useless esp between Euclid and Rockaway Blvd.

As for the Q27, can't really speak too much about it since I haven't lived in Queens Village in years, but from my experiences taking that route, it was always better to keep the 27 only on Jamaica Avenue for the fact it provided a good connection to the (Q36), (Q110), and (N24). I never really understood the why the extension and the (Q83) no longer serviced Jamaica Avenue, it made things very messy in Queens Village.

I'm still not buying the mileage argument; City Line to Cross bay/Liberty aint THAT far, and the B14 isn't too long a route at all... it's your average distanced route.... but that aside....

Anything duplicating the A Train at this point is useless esp between Euclid and Rockaway Blvd.

Totally disagree with that... There is a demand for service b/w Brooklyn & Queens around that area....

There should be at least one bus route running along such a stint; regardless if it's an extended B14 or the current Q7....

If that was the case, then Brooklyn usage on the current Q7 would be poor... which it isn't......

Once the B12 from City line to the Junction got Eliminated than the train picked up the ridership

True... but why was ridership along that portion anemic to begin with......

As for the Q27, can't really speak too much about it since I haven't lived in Queens Village in years, but from my experiences taking that route, it was always better to keep the 27 only on Jamaica Avenue for the fact it provided a good connection to the (Q36), (Q110), and N24. I never really understood the why the extension and the (Q83) no longer serviced Jamaica Avenue, it made things very messy in Queens Village.

Prior to 2004, the (Q27) and (Q110) did not connect with each other. The (Q83) was cut back to 227 St because the (MTA) didn't want to supplement service between Jamaica and Murdock. Despite this, not all Q27's serve 120 Av

lol... you saved me a couple keystrokes...

I was also goin flip that bit about too much mileage right back @ him....

@ Subbus (nice palindrome btw):

Not that you don't already know this, but I'll still post this (below) for other readers....

@ the both of you, but more aimed at QJT:

That's the problem w/ the idea of gettin rid of the 77 outright, and/or having it run up clear along francis lewis past hillside like some suggest (posts within this thread, iddnt the first time I've heard someone propose that).... Yeh, there are other (and more frequent, connecting) routes that folks take to get to/from Jamaica.... Main issue is, the route is needed for coverage purposes.... So as was said prior, the 77 is far from useless (as QJT believes) - it just isn't as popular/utilized like the Q2's, 4's, 5's, 85's, etc. of the world.....

What is the point of coverage if few ppl use it? It means it doesn't help folk on that stretch and ppl heading to subway are surely not interested in the Q77 that was why I suggested being crosstown yeah it's mileage would increase BUT ridership would increase as well as it provides links to other east west routes. Think of it as a faster version of the Q27. The folk going to Jamaica would continue to crowd other buses anyway. I meant useless for ppl heading to the subway not completely useless as in no use at all. I meant Q77 was useless for folks getting the subway.

Archived