NICE questions...

Blitz

N20/N21 doesn't use Bartow Rd.

It just use South Station Plaza to make U-turn at Waverly Rd or at rotary.

New N22L Limited just uses Old Country Rd between Cherry Lane & Mineola Blvd.

Nice maps! A map overlay puts things into perspective.

Here are a few things I noticed:

-The N15 uses Long Beach Road in Island Park, not Austin Blvd.

-N43 uses Miller ave in Nassau Community College, not "E Rd'.

-N49 uses the Carman Ave Extention to/from Old Country Road. Not the Carman Ave along the Wantagh Parkway.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the names of the two depots, and where is there located?

Just wondering.

The Names are Mitchell Field And Rockville Center.

Mitchell Field is off of Oak St in Garden City open 7 days.

RVC is located at 50 Banks Ave in Rockville Center by the Train station and is only open Monday-Friday.

Whats involved with programming the signs? Do they just have to program which letters to display? Or do they have to get really technical and program which LED's light up? or?

If you look at the destination sign box, there is a rubber lid covering a socket. There is a small handheld computer that they plug into those sockets. The signs in nassau are probably messed up because the guys who come and fix our signs come from a different department. I would imagine it was the same in LIB. I would also imagine that NICE lost "free" access to that department (CES) when the takeover happened...

947 Stewart Avenue,
Garden City, NY

The Names are Mitchell Field And Rockville Center.

Mitchell Field is off of Oak St in Garden City open 7 days.

RVC is located at 50 Banks Ave in Rockville Center by the Train station and is only open Monday-Friday.

...to add...

The para transit facility is located at 
947 Stewart Avenue,
Garden City, NY (close to Mitchel Field).

Mitchel Field is located at 700 Commercial Ave Garden City, NY, Mitchel Field is also where the offices for NICE Bus are located.

If you look at the destination sign box, there is a rubber lid covering a socket. There is a small handheld computer that they plug into those sockets. The signs in nassau are probably messed up because the guys who come and fix our signs come from a different department. I would imagine it was the same in LIB. I would also imagine that NICE lost "free" access to that department (CES) when the takeover happened...

Right, and the new destination signs can be programmed much easier. For example, Luminator's new ODK has a USB port right on the face for easy uploads. Stick a flash drive in there, and you're ready to go.

Archived