NICE questions...

Blitz

I have a couple questions about the new NICE bus that my information source doesn't know.

#1. How many buses besides 1816 are painted in the full NICE livery? And do they even plan on painting the rest?

#2. Did they change the destination sign codes? I'm wondering if they removed sign code 22 or 9200...

#3. Do they even have their own tow trucks? I believe that in the LIB days the CRS truck that use to come for broken down buses came from QV and CS.

#4. Did they, or do they have plans to change the names of the 2 depots?

I have a couple questions about the new NICE bus that my information source doesn't know.

#1. How many buses besides 1816 are painted in the full NICE livery? And do they even plan on painting the rest?

#2. Did they change the destination sign codes? I'm wondering if they removed sign code 22 or 9200...

#3. Do they even have their own tow trucks? I believe that in the LIB days the CRS truck that use to come for broken down buses came from QV and CS.

1. None, only 1816 is painted. My guess is they don't have the money to paint the buses just yet. Or that they're waiting for the new buses they ordered.

2. The destination codes stayed the same I think. They just added some new codes for the route changes they implemented on Jan 1st.

3. NICE has tow trucks and they're labeled nice. I've seen them at Great Neck LIRR Station. But they have very few of them and there aren't enough for the amount of breakdowns that happen everyday.

4. As far as we know, the 2 depot names are not planned to be changed.

1. Rumored that 2-3 buses are in the works of being repainted as well.

2. They might be trying too, I seen a few buses running around with the front sign reading: n24n24n24n24n & n27n27n27n27n

3. Yes, they have their own tow trucks and dispatcher cars as well.

4. As for now the depot names stay the same.

1. Rumored that 2-3 buses are in the works of being repainted as well.

2. They might be trying too, I seen a few buses running around with the front sign reading: n24n24n24n24n & n27n27n27n27n

I can say the same.

My Sources: Observation and a Dispatcher.

Why only 2-3 buses? And the new signs sound stupid. The way the destination signs are now look better than n24n24n24n24 or n27n27n27n27. I thought that was a bug in the Luminator signs. I have seen buses with that, but it would be easier for people to see the destination of where the buses are going.

I don't know why only 2-3, they should be all wrapped by now if they aren't slow and lazy... As for the signs, it's because Veolia want the routes like it's format on it's schedules...

Then they should just change the "N" on the destination signs to an "n" And still have the signs show the destination.

I don't know why only 2-3, they should be all wrapped by now if they aren't slow and lazy... As for the signs, it's because Veolia want the routes like it's format on it's schedules...

They are messing up the signs though! That n24n24n24n24 it looks horrible and it doesn't display anything on the side or rear. I saw an 1800 like that.

I saw a rear sign on an Orion V was flashing the full-size N25 from the front sign on the rear sign on Monday. It's all Veolia trying to install new readings onto the signs and not knowing how... on the N32 today the sign read a pre-RBO N32 FAR ROCKAWAY reading, rather than the smaller N32 Far Rockaway/Seagirt Bl reading it always has on. I wonder why it did that...

I saw a rear sign on an Orion V was flashing the full-size N25 from the front sign on the rear sign on Monday. It's all Veolia trying to install new readings onto the signs and not knowing how... on the N32 today the sign read a pre-RBO N32 FAR ROCKAWAY reading, rather than the smaller N32 Far Rockaway/Seagirt Bl reading it always has on. I wonder why it did that...

That could have been an older CNG bus that the MTA had out of service but Violia put back into service. Whats RBO?

Yeah I seen a late 2004 16** with that on the last week Mon on the N1.

That read "N1 JAMAICA" Maybe those codes are still usable.

of the 2 depots?

1830 maybe next up for repaint. A driver I know was told to take it to Mitchell Field today for repaint.

Yeah, they're trying to do that but it's going to take a while because their programmers probably aren't the best

Whats involved with programming the signs? Do they just have to program which letters to display? Or do they have to get really technical and program which LED's light up? or?

One more question...

#5. Is there really a new system map in the works, or is that message on the NICE website just a placebo?

One more question...

#5. Is there really a new system map in the works, or is that message on the NICE website just a placebo?

In January, I keep checking System Map but it says Mid January.

They not keeping their promise and now it just says, soon as posted but it's not soon.

One more question...

No idea, but here's an unofficial one I'm working on (not done yet, still working out some kinks etc):

LI Transit map (Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), Huntington Area Rapid Transit (HART), Suffolk Transit and Long Beach buses, and LIRR trains (Monday-Friday)

Saturday service:

LI Transit map (Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), Huntington Area Rapid Transit (HART), Suffolk Transit and Long Beach buses, and LIRR trains (Saturday)

Sunday service:

LI Transit map (Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), Huntington Area Rapid Transit (HART), Suffolk Transit and Long Beach buses, and LIRR trains (Sunday)

PM me if you notice any errors and I'll fix in the next release. (I already know the 22L isn't on there yet; it will be added)

-Doug

Archived