Bus Operator

bravo659

I applied for the bus operator and got a letter from Personnel Testing and Selection Unit it has an Authority No. Exam No. and Random No. the actual exam no is 2301 but i understand there is no exam just based on job experience and evaluation. But we should be called based on the Random number but mine is a 4 digit number 1500. any feedback is well apprecia:)ted.

I applied for the bus operator and got a letter from Personnel Testing and Selection Unit it has an Authority No. Exam No. and Random No. the actual exam no is 2301 but i understand there is no exam just based on job experience and evaluation. But we should be called based on the Random number but mine is a 4 digit number 1500. any feedback is well apprecia:)ted.

Good luck to you. I'm on the 8006 list (1197) but I can't accept since there's no chance of me having a CDL by the time the list expires. I will take exam 2613 as a just in case measure, tho I hope to get called for conductor or train operator before that. Hopefully you'll get called a year after they certify the list.

hey i applied for the same exam. there is no actual exam. It's not based on experience either. After you get your letter if you are called in, you will take a personality test. and if you past that then you will be set up for background check,drug screening....if all goes well you will be sent to the school room to begin your training. All you need id the cdl permit they will train you and you will be scheduled with the dmv and take your road test for your cdl license. so just concentrate on I thing at a time, relax and do your best. 9 times out of 10 you will past. Just be confident and relaxed. good luck:tup:

Good luck to you. I'm on the 8006 list (1197) but I can't accept since there's no chance of me having a CDL by the time the list expires. I will take exam 2613 as a just in case measure, tho I hope to get called for conductor or train operator before that. Hopefully you'll get called a year after they certify the list.

Yes I am hoping to be called soon as well with the Random Number listing is a bit different but I will be confident i'll get called soon.

thanks. :P

Hi that exam 2613 is still open?:P

While chatting with my co-worker, I stated that I will taking the next Bus Operator exam, so now she wants to take it too. However, she has limited use of arm, so I told her I don't think that would be a good idea, but she can try and find out from someone. Do you think she can still apply for this position with a disability?

Hi it all depends her limited use and what consist of limited use.

I think she should try, really only a doctor or the medical department when she goes for her physical can and will determine her limited use to be a bus operator.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
you know if you go to a driving school they got the CDL book on vhs tapes or dvds i think you have to pay like $75 dollars i did and i passed they help and you can watch them over and over again

Or.....do what I did...take the practice exams on Crist CDL Training Center - Tractor Trailer / Truck Driver Training School over and over again. They are free and ended up being very similar to the NYS DMV permit written exam. Good Luck to you all!

• 1 year later...

How does it work when I have the cdl permit?

Do I have the chance with MTA to be tested on skills test?

Or we can use MTA buses to DMV test center for the skills test?

Or does MTA conduct the skills test after qualifying for bus operator?

Hi everyone I'm new to this site. I recently applied online for exam 3101 but haven't received anything yet in the mail. How soon should i be anticipating any news? I also wanted to know if having a history of accident can disqualify me.

How does it work when I have the cdl permit?

Do I have the chance with MTA to be tested on skills test?

Or we can use MTA buses to DMV test center for the skills test?

Or does MTA conduct the skills test after qualifying for bus operator?

if you pass the training in 7 or 10 days you will be scheduled a road test with DMV using the same rts bus you used in training. you will be responsible for the $40 road test fee. you get 2 chances to pass the road test if you got through training in 7 days. good luck.

I applied For MABSTOA 3101 i want to t know if i have to do that (If you applied for an MTA NYC Transit, MaBSTOA, or MTA Bus Company exam that required and Education and Experience Test Paper (EETP) and did not submit on when the filing period for that exam was open, please download, complete andmail the attached form. Please note not all exams require and EETP form)

I applied For MABSTOA 3101 i want to t know if i have to do that (If you applied for an MTA NYC Transit, MaBSTOA, or MTA Bus Company exam that required and Education and Experience Test Paper (EETP) and did not submit on when the filing period for that exam was open, please download, complete andmail the attached form. Please note not all exams require and EETP form)

Hey Cool david. You don't have to submit an EETP Form due to there is no education requirement for exam 3101 Mabstoa.

hey i applied for the same exam. there is no actual exam. It's not based on experience either. After you get your letter if you are called in, you will take a personality test. and if you past that then you will be set up for background check,drug screening....if all goes well you will be sent to the school room to begin your training. All you need id the cdl permit they will train you and you will be scheduled with the dmv and take your road test for your cdl license. so just concentrate on I thing at a time, relax and do your best. 9 times out of 10 you will past. Just be confident and relaxed. good luck:tup:

Hello everyone I received a letter for an appointment last week Thursday , I was told I need to obtain my CDL Permit .Ive been studying the CDL book ,But I was wondering if anyone knows of a class I can take that would better prepare me for the actual test for AIR BRAKES ,GENERAL KNOWLEDGE and PASSENGER ENDORSEMENT I really need to pass this test Exam 2910 any knowledge you have you be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Bussand

• 1 month later...

does anyone knows when is the next medical?

I am still waiting got the passenger endorsement but confused.

The letter I received stated passenger endorsement nothing else.

DMV is stating I need to take the general knowledge, airbrakes and passenger.

I passed the passenger, the knowledge was no joke I thought it was easy but had 50 questions.

passenger had 20 questions.

I appreciate for your responses thanks.

does anyone knows when is the next medical?

I am still waiting got the passenger endorsement but confused.

The letter I received stated passenger endorsement nothing else.

DMV is stating I need to take the general knowledge, airbrakes and passenger.

I passed the passenger, the knowledge was no joke I thought it was easy but had 50 questions.

passenger had 20 questions.

I appreciate for your responses thanks.

You need to pass general knowledge and airbrakes too. it's a 3 part test to get your permit. general knowledge is about 50 questions. if you already passed passenger then all you need to take is the gen. knowledge and air brakes. you can take it until you pass it but you'll have to pay $10 for each test. they do have a record of which test they gave you so if you fail a test don't expect to get the same exact test you got the last time. some questions will be the same but it will be a different test. just read through the manual. keep taking the test until you pass and don't wait until you get the letter for your medical. of course do study so you don't end spending too must just to get your permit. good luck.

Archived