NYC and LI Drives: You favorite ride/drive in the City of New York and Long Island

I actually like driving on the Jackie Robinson Parkway at night. There's also Francis Lewis Boulevard, big open road... I remember stumbling upon a Facebook group of users who used to do car meets there back in the day before all the accidents and speed radars were installed.

Honestly, there's really too much fuzz around to drive with any peace of mind unless you take any highway in the city at night...

And I've also seen that group before, but I don't know if it's the one that always brings out their muscle cars/hot rods and park at the McDonald's on Metropolitan near Woodhaven Blvd. [by the CVS and Queens Library].

Yeah, anywhere where I can open up a bit... And as far as that group of muscle cars/hot rods you see it could be them or some related group

To drive or riding on a bus as a busfanning three of my favorite '3' NYC bridges are in no oder the V-Z Bridge, the Whitestone and the Brooklyn Bridges.

For roads, I also enjoy driving on Flatbush Avenue South between Kings Plaza and the Marine Park/Gil Hodges Bridge. Also the Belt Parkway from the Verrzano-Cross Bay Blvd is also a personal favorite of mines. And finally the FDR Drive the entire length from East 125th St-Battey Tunnel.

On Long Island, my favorite road to drive is Route 27 from Sunrise Mall at the Nassau/Suffolk border to Montauk Point.

Just my picks in a nutshell.

NYC

I like the Jackie Robinson as well, it's a quick way in and out of Brooklyn. Some don't like it because of the curves, but if you know how to use a steering wheel it shouldn't be a problem.

I also like, the Grand Central Parkway, it's a nice alternative to the Belt Parkway when used with the Jackie Robinson. It's also a quick way to the "RFK".

The Throgs Neck Bridge, because it's usually free flowing and the lanes aren't narrow like the Whitestone.

Southern State Parkway, because the curves are kinda fun and yet it's kind of scenic.

Meadowbrook Parkway. It's usually a nice ride outside of rush hour.

NY-135 Its usually open and free flowing. And it has rural characteristics, no lighting.

I like highways without lighting, you can focus and see better.

• 1 month later...

I-278: Always use this when I am going to Manhattan to get the Amtrak back to VA.

I-495: Coming from Long Island back to Brooklyn, this is my definite jam. Never been on it to LI. If I wanted to go straight across to Manhattan, I'm down.

NY-110: Whenever I go to LI, come straight off the NY-27 onto it. This is in Amityville.

NY-27: Takes me straight to LI so I can get the NY-110, also conveniently right off the Belt Parkway.

Belt Parkway: Coming out of the Airport, I can't help but to look out of the window.

• 2 weeks later...

Cross Bay Blvd, Especially in the Rockaway Flats.

Flatbush Ave west of Kings Plaza.

The road that connects Long Beach to the Bridge to goes to Far Rockaway

The Belt Parkway, the BQE.

I would like to travel the Southern State Parkway & LIE to their eastern terminals someday.

Archived