You gotta go over there and pay!

I Run Trains

So as I type this I'm on the Select Bus Bx12 (I bus on these forums Via my sidekick). So I decided to see what it was like today and I swear to you that people are studio. All I hear the bus driver repeat is you have to pay over there, you have to pay over there... people are complaining on the bus, but I'm saying to myself this method is actually quicker. But then you got stupid asses yelling late for work.... Just get on and off. Keep it moving. People mad that they had to get off and go to the booth and pay... anyway I got on the Orcard Beach Bx12 beach that part of the Bx12 I like the most...

But I knew this was gonna be confusing. I can tell the the driver is annoyed!!!! Lol

I give it 2 weeks. They will get it!!!!!

:eek:

So as I type this I'm on the Select Bus Bx12 (I bus on these forums Via my sidekick). So I decided to see what it was like today and I swear to you that people are studio. All I hear the bus driver repeat is you have to pay over there, you have to pay over there... people are complaining on the bus, but I'm saying to myself this method is actually quicker. But then you got stupid asses yelling late for work.... Just get on and off. Keep it moving. People mad that they had to get off and go to the booth and pay... anyway I got on the Orcard Beach Bx12 beach that part of the Bx12 I like the most...

But I knew this was gonna be confusing. I can tell the the driver is annoyed!!!! Lol :eek:

People get too set in their ways. Gotta be flexible!

- Andy

But I knew this was gonna be confusing. I can tell the the driver is annoyed!!!! Lol

I give it two years, and they still won't get it..........

Lmao!!!!!!! You not right man!!! Lol

I've been told that numerous times.......

How about them blue polka dots on the bus..

I seen those when they were prepping the 100st depot artics that were going to Gun Hill. A little too Chelsea and Greenwich Village for me........

Please the Metro-Card have been out for over a decade and ppl still don't know how to use them. People have something new to complain about. I love the idea of a SBS.....they need here in Queens badly.

Then you got all the people in Inwood who want to ride the Bx7/20 then sit in the Bx12 SBS stop. When the MTA worker standing there says they gotta go across the street to where the stop has been relocated (and depending on whether the person speaks English, sometimes an interpreter is needed), the automatic reaction is "¡Ay, Dios mío!" despite the fact that all they gotta do is cross the buggin street.

You live in the Bronx or Wash Heights/Inwood, you don't even need to understand Spanish to know what "¡Ay, Dios mío!" means.

Then you got all the people in Inwood who want to ride the Bx7/20 then sit in the Bx12 SBS stop. When the MTA worker standing there says they gotta go across the street to where the stop has been relocated (and depending on whether the person speaks English, sometimes an interpreter is needed), the automatic reaction is "¡Ay, Dios mío!" despite the fact that all they gotta do is cross the buggin street.

You live in the Bronx or Wash Heights/Inwood, you don't even need to understand Spanish to know what "¡Ay, Dios mío!" means.

What they said...

"¡Ay, Dios mío!"

What they really meant...

"Oh em eff gee! I gotta cross the street to get to my bus?!? What is wrong with these people? They can't realize that I am accustomed to coming to this bus stop for the Bx7? And I don't want to change? Man. (MTA) is so stoo-pid... don't have any consideration for my feelings.

"I'm gonna protest this change because I never found out about this! They never put up any signs telling me about this." looks around and sees a tattered sign about SBS and relocations of bus stops "...oh."

Na na, just making some fun here. Not really serious. Ever seen the Daily News section that does the same thing? B)

But still, people just can't say "Oh, ok" and walk over there? OMG is not really the favored response if you're on the receiving end, I must assume. They don't have to get all riled up about it and shout "¡Ay, Dios mío!"

You know what? To Hell with the signs in fine print they put on the payment machines in the stops. Time to bring in the big signs with capital letters to wake people up and tell them what the Hell is going on.

"TO RIDE Bx12 SELECT BUS SERVICE (FORMERLY Bx12 LIMITED), YOU MUST INSERT EITHER YOUR METROCARD IN THIS MACHINE OR COINS IN THE OTHER MACHINE AND ACCEPT A RECEIPT, WHICH YOU WILL KEEP WITH YOU IN A CONVENIENT LOCATION IN CASE A FARE INSPECTOR ON THE BUS ASKS FOR YOUR RECEIPT. DO NOT PAY YOUR FARE ON THE BUS. IF YOU ARE GOING TO RIDE THE Bx12 SELECT BUS SERVICE (FORMERLY THE Bx12 LIMITED), YOU MUST PAY HERE OR AT THE COIN MACHINE. YOU CANNOT PAY YOUR FARE ON THE BUS. THE FARE IS $2, JUST LIKE REGULAR LOCAL BUSES. YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO TRANSFER TO A Bx12 LOCAL BUS OR ANY OTHER BUS OR THE SUBWAY FOR FREE. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT IN A CONVENIENT LOCATION IN CASE A FARE INSPECTOR ON THE BUS ASKS FOR YOUR RECEIPT. YOU RISK A $100 FINE IF YOU ARE FOUND WITHOUT YOUR RECEIPT."

"PARA VIAJAR EL SERVICIO SELECTO DEL Bx12 (ANTIGUAMENTE EL SERVICIO DE PARADAS LIMITADAS DEL Bx12), DEBES METER SU METROCARD EN ESTA MAQUINA O MONEDAS EN LA OTRA MAQUINA Y ACEPTAR UN RECIBO, QUE GUARDARAS CONTIGO EN UN LUGAR CONVENIENTE SI UN INSPECTOR DE TARIFAS TE PIDE TU RECIBO. NO PAGUES LA TARIFA EN EL AUTOBUS. SI VAS A VIAJAR EL SERVICIO SELECTO DEL Bx12 (ANTIGUAMENTE EL SERVICIO DE PARADAS LIMITADAS DEL Bx12), DEBES PAGAR AQUI. NO PUEDES PAGAR LA TARIFA EN EL AUTOBUS. LA TARIFA ES $2, EXACTAMENTE COMO LOS AUTOBUSES DEL SERVICIO LOCAL. TODAVIA PODRAS CAMBIAR GRATIS AL AUTOBUS Bx12 LOCAL O A CUALQUIER OTRO AUTOBUS O AL METRO. GUARDA TU RECIBO EN UN LUGAR CONVENIENTE SI UN INSPECTOR DE TARIFAS TE PIDE TU RECIBO. CORRES EL RIESGO DE UNA MULTA DE $100 SI EL INSPECTOR SE ENTERA DE QUE NO TIENES TU RECIBO."

We school kids should all understand English pretty well so we can make sense of the fine print (for half fare kids over at the coin machine).

I hope some MTA person stumbles upon my rambling and gets to posting signs like that. People need to stop whining and just read since it's good for lowering blood pressure. And I sure hope the MTA considers signs in Spanish so I don't have to hear no more "¡Ay, Dios mío!" from the people of Inwood and the central-northern Bronx. This whole damn program better be the best thing since the MetroCard (and people better be patient and allow the damn program to do its thing) otherwise people are gonna be stuck with a long ride on route Bx12 and they will complain even more about BRT service in other cities that this city lacks because of people's sheer ignorance.

I hope they stay on that side, while I bypass them. Less people on my bus. By the time they run/limp/geezer/waddle over, I hope to be leaving the new stop........

Man. (MTA) is so stoo-pid... don't have any consideration for my feelings.

O.K., Ms Rosie Perez........

I've been told that numerous times.......
Well you are about to be told again, you're just wrong. B) LOL
Please the Metro-Card have been out for over a decade and ppl still don't know how to use them. People have something new to complain about. I love the idea of a SBS.....they need here in Queens badly.
They should start with the Q44, those VIIs will look sexy in SBS paint, I mean SEXY.

You know what? To Hell with the signs in fine print they put on the payment machines in the stops. Time to bring in the big signs with capital letters to wake people up and tell them what the Hell is going on.

"TO RIDE Bx12 SELECT BUS SERVICE (FORMERLY Bx12 LIMITED), YOU MUST INSERT EITHER YOUR METROCARD IN THIS MACHINE OR COINS IN THE OTHER MACHINE AND ACCEPT A RECEIPT, WHICH YOU WILL KEEP WITH YOU IN A CONVENIENT LOCATION IN CASE A FARE INSPECTOR ON THE BUS ASKS FOR YOUR RECEIPT. DO NOT PAY YOUR FARE ON THE BUS. IF YOU ARE GOING TO RIDE THE Bx12 SELECT BUS SERVICE (FORMERLY THE Bx12 LIMITED), YOU MUST PAY HERE OR AT THE COIN MACHINE. YOU CANNOT PAY YOUR FARE ON THE BUS. THE FARE IS $2, JUST LIKE REGULAR LOCAL BUSES. YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO TRANSFER TO A Bx12 LOCAL BUS OR ANY OTHER BUS OR THE SUBWAY FOR FREE. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT IN A CONVENIENT LOCATION IN CASE A FARE INSPECTOR ON THE BUS ASKS FOR YOUR RECEIPT. YOU RISK A $100 FINE IF YOU ARE FOUND WITHOUT YOUR RECEIPT."

"PARA VIAJAR EL SERVICIO SELECTO DEL Bx12 (ANTIGUAMENTE EL SERVICIO DE PARADAS LIMITADAS DEL Bx12), DEBES METER SU METROCARD EN ESTA MAQUINA O MONEDAS EN LA OTRA MAQUINA Y ACEPTAR UN RECIBO, QUE GUARDARAS CONTIGO EN UN LUGAR CONVENIENTE SI UN INSPECTOR DE TARIFAS TE PIDE TU RECIBO. NO PAGUES LA TARIFA EN EL AUTOBUS. SI VAS A VIAJAR EL SERVICIO SELECTO DEL Bx12 (ANTIGUAMENTE EL SERVICIO DE PARADAS LIMITADAS DEL Bx12), DEBES PAGAR AQUI. NO PUEDES PAGAR LA TARIFA EN EL AUTOBUS. LA TARIFA ES $2, EXACTAMENTE COMO LOS AUTOBUSES DEL SERVICIO LOCAL. TODAVIA PODRAS CAMBIAR GRATIS AL AUTOBUS Bx12 LOCAL O A CUALQUIER OTRO AUTOBUS O AL METRO. GUARDA TU RECIBO EN UN LUGAR CONVENIENTE SI UN INSPECTOR DE TARIFAS TE PIDE TU RECIBO. CORRES EL RIESGO DE UNA MULTA DE $100 SI EL INSPECTOR SE ENTERA DE QUE NO TIENES TU RECIBO."

We school kids should all understand English pretty well so we can make sense of the fine print (for half fare kids over at the coin machine).

I hope some MTA person stumbles upon my rambling and gets to posting signs like that. People need to stop whining and just read since it's good for lowering blood pressure. And I sure hope the MTA considers signs in Spanish so I don't have to hear no more "¡Ay, Dios mío!" from the people of Inwood and the central-northern Bronx. This whole damn program better be the best thing since the MetroCard (and people better be patient and allow the damn program to do its thing) otherwise people are gonna be stuck with a long ride on route Bx12 and they will complain even more about BRT service in other cities that this city lacks because of people's sheer ignorance.

Good job man. Now, to see if the (MTA) picks it up...

People gotta realize the machines that say "Pay before boarding and get your receipt" really mean that. Once inspectors go around, you're out on a 100 bucks. And the receipt prints out fast so its not that time consuming. Hell you, can board through the rear now.

Unfortunately not too many people seem to be going through the back yet. Saw suited Artics over at Isham today with back doors opened automatically, but nobody going through. MTA man at bus stop still giving people instructions as to how to do these things. Elderly Hispanic people still using the Lord's name liberally (this time something like "Oh my gaa" instead of "Dios mio") when told they need to cross Isham to get to bus stop for routes Bx7/20/M100.

It's alright, suited Artics seen on layover in layover spot for route Bx12 = bus operators running on time with the service. Also talked to MTA man in bus stop who confirmed that buses are running on time.

Well you are about to be told again, you're just wrong. :D LOL

They should start with the Q44, those VIIs will look sexy in SBS paint, I mean SEXY.

I admit they may look good in SBS scheme, expecially the NG, but in the words of Trevor Logan "howbout NO!!" A 40 ft bus defeates the whole point of SBS. Let's wait for the Orion X to come out.

You really must be smoking that stuff b/c if you believe that bullcrap then something must be wrong with you.
Like those RTSs and Orion Vs look anywhere near as good (CNG is an exception). :D Definately look better than Artics too.

Archived