Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

This is what everyone has been saying all along (even you sometimes)...

It sounds like Veolia may even getting sick of Nassau judging by the response they are now giving out to anyone who writes in....

Wonder if they will walk away? We all know Nassau County has to step up funding, but Mangano and everyone else in Mineola could care less.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 8 was supposed to go to Hempstead. No one really rides it even now, probably because even Elmont has plenty of driving families.

On the other hand, the N3 was removed from VS (and is pointless when you can just take the 25 to Lynbrook from Franklin Avenue and have the advantage of TWO branches going to NYP) promptly after 6/26/10.

Well that's the other problem, Helena Williams, who is absolutely clueless and should be a manager of Saks Fifth Ave.

Who's Helena Williams? Glassdoor.com reports that a just a department manager makes over $60,000 year, sounds like a decent job. Why do think someone you think is clueless should have a decent job with a decent salary? This is why tou confuse the hellmout of me sometimes...

The president of the LIRR makes only sixty grand a year?

I didn't know who she was but figured she held a high title. A department manager at Saks Fifth Ave. makes over $60k a year. PinePower said she should be a manager at Saks Fifth Ave., which sounds like a respectable job if department managers are making over $60k a year. So if PinePower thinks she's clueless why would she think should have a respectable job in a respectable company? LOL

Who's Helena Williams? Glassdoor.com reports that a just a department manager makes over $60,000 year, sounds like a decent job. Why do think someone you think is clueless should have a decent job with a decent salary? This is why tou confuse the hellmout of me sometimes...

I'm more referring to her attire. Looks like top end stuff from Saks.

You think the personally proofread's every page on the MTA's website?

I don't know who exactly you were referring to, whether the (MTA) , NICE, or Helena Williams, but I think its really a joint effort with the (MTA) and NICE because they have to inform eachother of any changes.

I don't know who exactly you were referring to, whether the (MTA) , NICE, or Helena Williams, but I think its really a joint effort with the (MTA) and NICE because they have to inform eachother of any changes.

I was referring to the MTA, and the MTA should know about the LIRR transfers as they ran LIB for decades, really.

I was referring to the MTA, and the MTA should know about the LIRR transfers as they ran LIB for decades, really.

True, but given 2012, NICE is unpredictble with some things. The N37 however is a no-brainer because that is not coming back.

It sort of has - a few select trips in the AM and PM end up terminating at Hempstead.

I do hope the 43 extension and 16x help pick up the slack, though, because the N35 was the best route for NCC students not wanting to deal with traffic by the front entrance and the social service building.

It sort of has - a few select trips in the AM and PM end up terminating at Hempstead.

I do hope the 43 extension and 16x help pick up the slack, though, because the N35 was the best route for NCC students not wanting to deal with traffic by the front entrance and the social service building.

We'll see, I'm not sure what the busiest times at the college are, I figure morning and afternoon/eve are. I just hope they dont pull an n21 with the n35 and make it rush hours only, because that would be a disaster (especially for me).

Alot of NCC students are already unhappy with NICE. It certainly doesn't help reducing service there, but I doubt Mr.Kumar (the guy who is in charge of scheduling) knows how busy NCC can get, heck he even confused the towns of Nassau when he spoke at last year's Community Meeting.

We'll see, I'm not sure what the busiest times at the college are, I figure morning and afternoon/eve are. I just hope they dont pull an n21 with the n35 and make it rush hours only, because that would be a disaster (especially for me).

Alot of NCC students are already unhappy with NICE. It certainly doesn't help reducing service there, but I doubt Mr.Kumar (the guy who is in charge of scheduling) knows how busy NCC can get, heck he even confused the towns of Nassau when he spoke at last year's Community Meeting.

Make what rush hours only? The n35 certainly won't be rush hours only nor the n43. Both of those are busy in the middle of the day, I know!

When I was putting NICE Bus Public Hearing sign regardding MTA Fare Hike at 179th St bus stop, there was one Spanish deli that says COFFEE on Hillside Av/182nd St by n24 Hicksville/East Meadow bus stop that this store owner had put NICE Bus schedules on his store wall and he even put NCBT Commitee Meeting Flier.

Also, when I was at 24-hour Jamaica-179th St exit side, there was outdated June 24th NICE Bus Schedule behind the station booth!!

Edited by FamousNYLover

, but I doubt Mr.Kumar (the guy who is in charge of scheduling) knows how busy NCC can get, heck he even confused the towns of Nassau when he spoke at last year's Community Meeting.

This guy is in charge of schedulling at nice or NCC?

Edited by Burrstone

If you're talking about Rahul Kumar at NICE, he is the route design manager and is responsible for many of the route changes that we saw in 2012, including the cutback of the n27. He's a young guy. In my opinion, he doesn't know as much as he should. He doesn't necessarily do the scheduling.

If you're talking about Rahul Kumar at NICE, he is the route design manager and is responsible for many of the route changes that we saw in 2012, including the cutback of the n27. He's a young guy. In my opinion, he doesn't know as much as he should. He doesn't necessarily do the scheduling.

I would love to see a nice bus organizational chart, but I doubt he holds the "power" people here think he does. 

Edit: A google search shows Rahul Kumar, held a position of vice president of business development (NICE Bus) as recent as April 12, 2012.

Edited by Burrstone

Rode my first 3G today: 1848 on the N78. By far the nicest NICE bus I ever rode: quiet, smooth, no rattling, on time....

Only problem was that the Clever Devices weren't on.

Have they been programmed for the 3Gs yet to announce stops? By not on, do you mean the Stop Requested announcement wasn't on either?