Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except for the N20/21, service was never suspended. Full service is running now with delays which get greater the further north you go.

Yeah, there are delays on routes in and out of Great Neck. We got a good amount of snow up here on the North Shore.

I'm just worried about the people who have to wait, especially with all the idiot storeowners who never shovel their sidewalks.  I remember after the 2010 blizzard, riders had to step into oncoming traffic just to signal for a bus.  I thought about shoveling some of my nearby stops...

Edited by Joel Up Front

I'm just worried about the people who have to wait, especially with all the idiot storeowners who never shovel their sidewalks.  I remember after the 2010 blizzard, riders had to step into oncoming traffic just to signal for a bus.  I thought about shoveling some of my nearby stops...

I guess that would count as community service. lol

I was thinking the same thing this morning!  I live on a busy road and it urks me that the business owners and managers feel they don't have to shovel the sidewalk.  But why should they?  There are no consequences, don't want to shevel your sidewalk, don't have to...  People are forced to risk thier lives walking in the street and the towns don't care, Nasaau and Suffolk Counties don't care.

Edited by Burrstone

News 12 did a report saying NICE bus was running on a regular Saturday schedule....  However, beware of the trickery of News 12!  When they were saying this they showed 1729 stuckin the snow, if you looked closely the bus and salt truck were marked MTA Long Island bus, they were using footage from the 2010 blizzard but made no mention of that....

News 12 did a report saying NICE bus was running on a regular Saturday schedule....  However, beware of the trickery of News 12!  When they were saying this they showed 1729 stuckin the snow, if you looked closely the bus and salt truck were marked MTA Long Island bus, they were using footage from the 2010 blizzard but made no mention of that....

LMAO News 12 fails big time.

If this took place during the first half of the week, I would have, but it looks like Monday that mercury is going to hover around the 50 degree mark with rain.  Still, next blizzard I'm going out there.

Wanna go in half on a snowblower and travel around the island next blizzard?  I bet we could make a ton $$$! B-)

If it was two of us we would we could only handle two snow blowers at most...  More snow blowers would require hiring people and I don't have the energy for that.  This would be best as a guy (or two) with a snow blower traveling around saying "Hey, you want your sidewalk cleared? $XX.00?"

If property owners don't want to do this required service themselves maybe it's time the Counties provide the service and increase the property tax.  Something needs to be done!

Often these news stations dont update their B-Roll footage. I will have to hand it to NICE, they did an excellent job throughout this storm.

If it was two of us we would we could only handle two snow blowers at most...  More snow blowers would require hiring people and I don't have the energy for that.  This would be best as a guy (or two) with a snow blower traveling around saying "Hey, you want your sidewalk cleared? $XX.00?"

If property owners don't want to do this required service themselves maybe it's time the Counties provide the service and increase the property tax.  Something needs to be done!

As long as we're thinking of ideas that won't happen, might as well invest in or rent a plow attachment one winter, put it on the front of my car, and go around plowing driveways. Now that would put your snowblower out of business! B-)

Often these news stations dont update their B-Roll footage.

You have to admit it is pretty misleading for them to show a video clip of a LI Bus stuck in the 2010 blizzard in the midst of showing images from the 2013 storm.  They could've showed any package footage they had of NICE bus, but they showed a MTA LIB stuck in the snow and didn't even bother to mention "BTW this footage is from xyz..."  Trickery I tell you!

You have to admit it is pretty misleading for them to show a video clip of a LI Bus stuck in the 2010 blizzard in the midst of showing images from the 2013 storm.  They could've showed any package footage they had of NICE bus, but they showed a MTA LIB stuck in the snow and didn't even bother to mention "BTW this footage is from xyz..."  Trickery I tell you!

Supersubway bros. had one of an Orion V CNG stuck in the snow a few years ago.

Today, after I took 6:42 n20 Roslyn with Cindy to Searingtown for n23 Hempstead to Clock Tower, then waited for Cindy driving 8:35 n21 Flushing, on n21 Flushing had good amount of people coming from affected area. About 20 people were onboard. There was one female passenger who remember me and she was seating near front seat facing toward clock tower.

She lives off n21 route and she and n21 riders really want n21 back. She told me she's tired of walking all the way to downtown from her house on n21 strecht in Glen Clove-Greenvale area to take n27 to n20. Spanish-riders don't like Veolia either.