CTA - TMC RTS Narrow "Work Bus" WB-13

CTA5746

Here are some photos I took of CTA's "Work Bus" WB-13 being used by Ironworkers on the North Side of Chicago.

These 1990 TMC RTS Narrow buses were retired from passenger service in 2005 and replaced several Flyer D901 "Work Buses" buses that rapidly deteriorating.

2750005830096894830QIrdLl_fs.jpg

2815318300096894830FthWVz_fs.jpg

2448083470096894830MKGpIh_fs.jpg

:cool:

Here are some photos I took of CTA's "Work Bus" WB-13 being used by Ironworkers on the North Side of Chicago.

These 1990 TMC RTS Narrow buses were retired from passenger service in 2005 and replaced several Flyer D901 "Work Buses" buses that rapidly deteriorating.

CTA1.jpg

CTA2.jpg

CTA3.jpg

IMO the best RTS's are:

1. TIE between Detroit - Ony place to demo the Artic & New York because it's the Capitol of The World, and operated more than 5,000

2. Chicago - major design influence

3. LA - Diverse fleet

4. Dallas - CNG Wide Front Door

5. TIE between Cleveland & Ann Arbor for best 35ft fleets

6. Puerto Rico - Just because

I dunno, but those CTA RTSs don't cut it for me, especially the front. I'm sorry.

AMEN Brother!

I've been on the RTSs in PR like twice, and I can remember them things sound good!

Yo homie, you know the Flxibles are gone?!? I was told like a week ago or so!

Yo homie, you know the Flxibles are gone?!? I was told like a week ago or so!

You mean the 1995 Metro's that AMA uses are retired?

Damn! I taking a vacation to San Juan in October, I was hoping to ride those buses. What a bummer.

I always go out to PR to see family there and I always have a blast, when I visit my Grandparents. There is a short bus route near where they live that still uses 1960's GMC Fishbowls. Other towns around PR still uses old buses such as the Grumman 870's.

Oh sorry guys about the CTA pics not working.

You mean the 1995 Metro's that AMA uses are retired?

Damn! I taking a vacation to San Juan in October, I was hoping to ride those buses. What a bummer.

I always go out to PR to see family there and I always have a blast, when I visit my Grandparents. There is a short bus route near where they live that still uses 1960's GMC Fishbowls. Other towns around PR still uses old buses such as the Grumman 870's.

Oh sorry guys about the CTA pics not working.

Yup! I was mad when I was told. But I have to talk to my cousin since he lives in San Juan because he going to school there.

I have yet to find where all the Grummans are running around. I know none are close to where I be in PR, which is Salinas. Maybe Ponce has something, I'll have to see next time I go to PR. Haven't been there since 2005! I'm hoping to go soon.

Yup! I was mad when I was told. But I have to talk to my cousin since he lives in San Juan because he going to school there.

I have yet to find where all the Grummans are running around. I know none are close to where I be in PR, which is Salinas. Maybe Ponce has something, I'll have to see next time I go to PR. Haven't been there since 2005! I'm hoping to go soon.

What???? No more Flx's???? That sucks! I wanted to ride one before they retired!!!! Those are my favorite's next to the RTS.

IMO the best RTS's are:

1. TIE between Detroit - Ony place to demo the Artic & New York because it's the Capitol of The World, and operated more than 5,000

2. Chicago - major design influence

3. LA - Diverse fleet

4. Dallas - CNG Wide Front Door

5. TIE between Cleveland & Ann Arbor for best 35ft fleets

The busses in san juan are interesting, saw a few at the airport. B)

- Andy

Archived