Which Weekday-Only Service should also run on weekends?

MattTrain

Which Weekday only service should run also on Weekends?  

1. 1. Which Weekday only service should run also on Weekends?

Which Weekday-Only Service should also run on weekends?

(:((V)(W) and (Z) only run on weekdays only, and not including Holidays

1. (B):Bedford Park Boulevard in the Bronx, to Brighton Beach Brooklyn (Concourse-Central Park West Local; 6 Avenue/Brighton Express)

(A)(C)(D) and (Q) are alternate options on weekends

2. (V):Forest Hills Queens to 2nd Avenue Manhattan

(Queens Boulevard/6 Avenue Local via 53rd Street Connector)

(E)(F)(G) and (R) other times

3. (W):Ditmars Boulevard Queens to Whitehall Street in Manhattan

(Astoria-Broadway Local)

(N) and (R) other times

4. (Z):Jamaica Center Queens to Broad Street in Manhattan

(Skip-Stop at Jamaica/Nassau Line)

Use (J) other times

Out of the four services I say the (W) the most. (W) goes to many busy stations in Manhattan. Stations many people go to on weekends for example Times and Union Squares.

The service that should not run on the weekend at all is the (Z). The (Z) is not needed on weekends at all. If the (MTA) wanted to add extra service on weekends, they should run more (J) trains or run the (M) into Manhattan. If they run the (M) into Manhattan, the (J) might need to go to Board Street all times.

I was thinking that (V) service from forrest hills on weekends would be useful, as LIRR service on weekends is pathetic. (:( service would help access north of (Q) territory and ease crowding on the (1) and (A), and (W) line is crowded so more service would be welcome.

- Andy

Neither.

(R) needs a little more frequency, also the (G) running out to Forest Hills. With that, you won't need the (V).

The (N)'s frequency needs to be abit faster on weekends, with that, you won't need the (W) on weekends.

The (D) needs to run local on CPW, or make frequency of the (C) faster.

And the (J) handles well on weekends. The (Z) only runs rush hour for sake.

I'll give my input in this one. The (B) should run on weekends, and here's why

The Brighton line in Brooklyn is used by a lot of people every day and with this new (B) weekend service, it would take some load off the (Q) service. Some Brighton riders would like some direct service from the Brighton line in Brooklyn to 6 Avenue Manhattan, it used to be this was when the (D) ran on Brighton and now the (B) does the same function, but only on Weekends.

Another point to make: there is no direct local service at Central Park West operating to and from the Grand Concourse in the Bronx. This is where the weekend (B) would serve best. The (C) trains that show up at those local Central Park West Stations are about 120 feet shorter (60 foot cars x 8 cars = 480 feet) that the (B) trains that show up there (ten 60 foot cars or eight 75 foot cars = 600 feet long)

My last point; Still no direct service from Local Central Park Stations to 6 Avenue stations, only the (B) does that. This would help many riders and take the load off the (A)(C)(D) and especially the (Q). B):(

Out of the four services I say the (W) the most. (W) goes to many busy stations in Manhattan. Stations many people go to on weekends for example Times and Union Squares.

The (N) is the exact same service as the (W) late nights, and on weekends occasionally if it doesn't run on the Manhattan Bridge. It can use more hours and better the Astoria Line.

The service that should not run on the weekend at all is the (Z). The (Z) is not needed on weekends at all. If the (MTA) wanted to add extra service on weekends, they should run more (J) trains or run the (M) into Manhattan. If they run the (M) into Manhattan, the (J) might need to go to Board Street all times.

I agree with you 100% on this one. The Skip-Stop service is great but not useful on weekends when people like to travel from (J) stops to (Z) stops directly. The (9) is long gone to improve service for those traveling between (1) and the former (9) stops. The (Z) shouldn't be a service anymore, unless it gets extended to Bay Ridge with the (R).

I was thinking that (V) service from forrest hills on weekends would be useful, as LIRR service on weekends is pathetic. (B) service would help access north of (Q) territory and ease crowding on the (1) and (A), and (W) line is crowded so more service would be welcome.

- Andy

I agree with everything except the (V). If the (V) is full time, then where are the (G) trains going to Forest Hills? Late nights only? The (W) and (B) are great and their services would be appreciated if extended to Weekends too. Extending the (V) service to weekends would be too complicated.

The (V). Queens boulevard is a mess on weekends and having an efficient local like the (V) would vastly improve htings. The (R) can't keep up with demand on Queens Boulevard.

The (R) is infrequent sometimes, but at the Broadway line the (R) shares tracks with (N) and (W) from 42nd Street to Lexington Avenue. I can see why the (V) should be extended, because the (F) used to run via the 53rd Street connector, and people still miss that (F) service. The (V) can have a compromise with the (G) and (R) lines too. :(

Most definately the (:(, there is only one local train on CPW on weekends, which is the (A), while the (B) is not running or the (C), and the (D) is running express. I would love it if the (B) ran on weekends as the Brighton Express too.

Most definately the (:(, there is only one local train on CPW on weekends, which is the (A), while the (B) is not running or the (C), and the (D) is running express. I would love it if the (B) ran on weekends as the Brighton Express too.

I hear ya loud and clear, the (B) should be full time again, just like the old days!

I hear ya loud and clear, the (:( should be full time again, just like the old days!

The (B) really wasnt a 'full time route', however prior to July 22, 2001, it ran 7 days a week if thats what you mean.

Rush Hours: Bedford Park Blvd, Bronx To Coney Island

*Middays / Weekends : Harlem-145 St, Manhattan To Coney Island

Late Nights: Sunset Park - 36 St / 4 Av To Coney Island

*Post the Midtown-57 St / 6 Av, and QueensBridge-21st Street, Days*

The (V). Queens boulevard is a mess on weekends and having an efficient local like the (V) would vastly improve htings. The (R) can't keep up with demand on Queens Boulevard.

No the (V) shouldn't run on weekends. because people are off mostly and then you jam the (G) and citizens and straphangers and riders are gonna get angry. there are gonna be protest meeting and soon it will be like a city hall fight.

the (:P maybe should run to Harlem on weekends but it should be a full time train on weekdays to Bronx not Harlem. the (Q) on weekends can't be very crowed and heptic.

The (Z) is just a waste of (MTA)'s money. there is no point. there is no point for skip-stop service either. then you keep the riders waiting. the (MTA) only cares about major stops. they should start caring about others. the (Z) should not even run.

The (W) should run because of stupid (R) construcion work all the time. but the stations are usually not crowded on sat. but more crowded on sundays.

it should run but as a less frequent train.

No the (V) shouldn't run on weekends. because people are off mostly and then you jam the (G) and citizens and straphangers and riders are gonna get angry. there are gonna be protest meeting and soon it will be like a city hall fight.

the (:P maybe should run to Harlem on weekends but it should be a full time train on weekdays to Bronx not Harlem. the (Q) on weekends can't be very crowed and heptic.

The (Z) is just a waste of (MTA)'s money. there is no point. there is no point for skip-stop service either. then you keep the riders waiting. the (MTA) only cares about major stops. they should start caring about others. the (Z) should not even run.

The (W) should run because of stupid (R) construcion work all the time. but the stations are usually not crowded on sat. but more crowded on sundays.

it should run but as a less frequent train.

The (B)(W) I agree totally

The (Z), huh, skip-stop service is there so people can get to and from Manhattan faster because the (Z) doesn't have to make so many stops like the (J) does during other times

The (V). I agree that the (G) should be able to go further into Queens, but the 53rd Street line and 6 Avenue (V) service has been used since the (F) moved into the 63rd Street Connector. (E)(F)(G)(R) and (V) are supposed to run together according to the schedules in the subway map. It's really hard to decide where each of those five lines should go to. I really agree that the (G) should go further to Queens, but... oh well.

Every one, well almost everyone wishes the (:P were a full time line. If the (Z) were to be more useful, the express tracks should be restored between 121 Street in Queens, and Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn. There's some section of track bed in the middle where the middle track is not there. If the middle (express track) were to be restored, the (J) would be local and the (Z) would be express, peak direction.

Every one, well almost everyone wishes the (:P were a full time line. If the (Z) were to be more useful, the express tracks should be restored between 121 Street in Queens, and Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn. There's some section of track bed in the middle where the middle track is not there. If the middle (express track) were to be restored, the (J) would be local and the (Z) would be express, peak direction.

Now where is that observer who works for the (MTA)... he could learn something from us.

Never built.

The Express track was never built between Cypress Hills in Brooklyn and 121 Street in Queens. There is existing express tracks between Broadway Junction (J)(Z) and Myrtle Avenue. Some of the platforms are island platforms, but only between two tracks, Norwood Avenue, Cleveland Street, and Van Siclen Avenue

Archived