Can I still use my NYCT Pass/ID to get free ride on NICE?

vprojis

Hi,

Does anybody know if I can get free rides on Nassau County Buses (NICE) by showing NYCT Pass?? I was able to do that when MTA ran LI Bus. But i don't know if the NICE B/O's will let us go for free...(At least to queens to take the subway) Anybody has any info....??

Thanks..

Veolia has a sign stating "NYCT ID'S ARE NOT ACCEPTED ON NICE THEY MUST PAY THERE FARE." I saw the sign Thursday.

Looks like I am going to have to be not Nice when it comes to Nice employees riding my bus..........

LOL, is it really that serious?

Well i'm just saying.

After all, this is potentially reducing the job market.

I mean seriously, why?

(Just another reason we shouldv'e kept LIB...)

Generally companies dont let other companies employees ride for free. I'm not suprised NICE doesn't allow MTA employees to ride for free, I dont think Bee-Line or NJT would either. Even when it was LIB, technically they were viewed as seperate entities. At Suffolk Transit I dont think employees from one company can ride on another companies buses for free.

I dont even think the LIRR lets NYC Transit employees ride for free, though as always it depends, some conductors will be OK with it.

Generally companies dont let other companies employees ride for free. I'm not suprised NICE doesn't allow MTA employees to ride for free, I dont think Bee-Line or NJT would either. Even when it was LIB, technically they were viewed as seperate entities. At Suffolk Transit I dont think employees from one company can ride on another companies buses for free.

I dont even think the LIRR lets NYC Transit employees ride for free, though as always it depends, some conductors will be OK with it.

I ride bee-line just fine...It's all how you ask.

Archived