The End of Daimler Buses NA

DaimlerBuses

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orion will not be completing some other contracts as well. They will not be building hybrids for Des Moines, and they have now enterd a contract with New Flyer for the buses.. The will also complete only a portion of the Seattle order as well.

Are they really in that much of a rush to stop all bus maufacturing/close the plant?

any word on how closer they are to building nice's fleet?

Are they really in that much of a rush to stop all bus maufacturing/close the plant?

any word on how closer they are to building nice's fleet?

I don't know what's going on at Orion. Hell, Orion doesn't even know whats going on at Orion. I believe the first of the NICE buses are ready for final assembly.

Orion will not be completing some other contracts as well. They will not be building hybrids for Des Moines, and they have now enterd a contract with New Flyer for the buses.. The will also complete only a portion of the Seattle order as well.

Damn. More New Flyers to King County now? :unsure:

I'm wondering when these buses will get built New Flyers plate seems to be getting full very fast... The original MTA C40LF's are being built in Crookston. MN, I wonder what they were planning on building in the place of the MTA c40LF's were done? Then bam, within a short amount of time they get Orion's MTA order assigned to them and will be building more C40LF's for the MTA.

I'm guessing the Des Moines Hybrids will be built in St. Cloud, MN?

What other buses does New Flyer have on order?

What are we not seeing? How is New Flyer going to pull this off without a backlog or pushing off other orders?

Damn. More New Flyers to King County now? :unsure:

That's for Seattle to decide, but very likely.

Will the buses being shifted to New Flyer be diesel or CNG?

Hybrids

I'm wondering when these buses will get built New Flyers plate seems to be getting full very fast... The original MTA C40LF's are being built in Crookston. MN, I wonder what they were planning on building in the place of the MTA c40LF's were done? Then bam, within a short amount of time they get Orion's MTA order assigned to them and will be building more C40LF's for the MTA.

I'm guessing the Des Moines Hybrids will be built in St. Cloud, MN?

What other buses does New Flyer have on order?

What are we not seeing? How is New Flyer going to pull this off without a backlog or pushing off other orders?

All buses for the US marker are built by New Flyer of America, INC in St. Cloud. All others are built by New Flyer Industries in Canada. New Flyer has lost quite a few tenders to NovaBus as of late, so they will have no problem at all adding capacity to the production line. Not only that, but New Flyer has the capability of building 1,000 plus buses a year as they currently command the market as the largest bus manufacturer in North America.

Well here is Ville de St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu 3009(25)3, a 2013 Orion 07.503. This is one of only 2 in existence in the Province of Quebec, both run with Ville de St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu. The other is 3008(25)3. These are said to be the among some of the last 30 foot Orion 7.503 models ever made/ last 30 foot Orion buses ever made.

Photo courtesy of Joseph McArdle ©Montreal66/2012

305045_4269168080932_904801712_n.jpg

I'll be at the Syracuse bus/train station later this week, hopefully I'll have time to get some pics (and hopefully some of the new centro buses are there)...

Anyone know the numbers of the new buses up there? 1200-1256 (guessing based on the pic of 1208)?

You'll definitely see some of the new 1200's at the new transfer hub - they're out in increasing numbers these days. Still plenty of the soon-to-be-retired 9900's running on weekdays too, at least for a little while longer.

There are 56 CNG's in the new order and the first bus was 1200, so 1200-1255 should be the series. Not sure what the 30-footer for Rome and the five 35-footers for Utica will be numbered.

• 4 weeks later...

An era has now officially come to an end. Just a little more than a week ago, the last ever Orion VII rolled off the assembly line. This was a 35 footer for Columbus, GA. All buses will be delivered to customers by the end of November, beginning of December.

Photos and a full story of the end of Orion coming soon.

It would have been appropriate if the last Orion bus built was the 30-footer that CNYRTA ordered for its Rome operation. The Oriskany plant is just down the road and Centro's predecessor VIP Transportation was a loyal customer going back to when BIA established the plant in the 1980's.

An era has now officially come to an end. Just a little more than a week ago, the last ever Orion VII rolled off the assembly line. This was a 35 footer for Columbus, GA. All buses will be delivered to customers by the end of November, beginning of December.

Photos and a full story of the end of Orion coming soon.

Oh, so it wasn't NICE and the last Orion won't reside in Nassau County!

Archived