Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

I was in the 160's. I went for pre-employment and drug screening on Nov. 6.

Oh wow, well I'm still a bit away then if they only reached 160. But hey at least I know my time is coming along with many of us :) I was there nov 8, so just have to be patient. Congrats again and thanks for letting us know. Good luck!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stylus,

Looks like we are gonna be called on more or less same day. Most likely TH-FR this week or MO-TU next one.

What was your A number on 8th? I figure somewhere 110-120?

Hey singuy!

My A# was A130, list number is 320s. I'm hoping I get the call soon, maybe next week or after Thanksgiving, since that only reached the 160s today.

Nobody heard from cavemen64? Hopefully he didn't get bad news from his investigation.

I know Dre, you can just tell he was upset from his posts. He deserves a second chance, and God willing he gets it. I dunno, no one has heard from him in days. Just hope for the best for him and everyone of us.

I got my medical hold cleared today and finally took care of everything, got sworn in for Dec 2nd........f**k YES

My investigator was real cool, she said they are mainly concerned w your last three years of driving not the last 10.

Vision test is basically similar to the eye doctor eye chart except broken circles instead of letters. You gotta tell them which side the break is on. Then they do color blind test, find the number in the circle you know the deal. Then they do depth of field: four bulls-eyes in a diamond one of them looks closer than the others you gotta pick which one. Then they do peripheral vision.

Hearing they put you in a sound proof box like a phone booth, put some 1970s headphones on and hold a clicker. Every time you hear the beep you need to click. The beeps come fast sometimes so you gotta pay attention, and breath slow and calm because you might not hear the faint beeps.

Then they do an EKG in a freaking cold ass room I was shivering.

Thats it, then you meet with the investigator they go over your app, make sure your pre-app matches your 21 page app, sign your life away, swear you in, take your fingerprints/picture, give you a packet about benefits, and a couple other MTA procedure books, and you leave on the MTA payroll.

This all takes an entire day (two if you get a medical hold fml)

And congrats DEE I'll see you at Zerega brother.

I got my medical hold cleared today and finally took care of everything, got sworn in for Dec 2nd........f**k YES

My investigator was real cool, she said they are mainly concerned w your last three years of driving not the last 10.

Vision test is basically similar to the eye doctor eye chart except broken circles instead of letters. You gotta tell them which side the break is on. Then they do color blind test, find the number in the circle you know the deal. Then they do depth of field: four bulls-eyes in a diamond one of them looks closer than the others you gotta pick which one. Then they do peripheral vision.

Hearing they put you in a sound proof box like a phone booth, put some 1970s headphones on and hold a clicker. Every time you hear the beep you need to click. The beeps come fast sometimes so you gotta pay attention, and breath slow and calm because you might not hear the faint beeps.

Thats it, then you meet with the investigator they go over your app, make sure your pre-app matches your 21 page app, sign your life away, swear you in, take your fingerprints/picture, give you a packet about benefits, and a couple other MTA procedure books, and you leave on the MTA payroll.

Congrats Fuoco.

Hopefully ill see u guys soon....if

I'm hoping and praying i'll have the same good results on Monday. Not sure which class they'll be putting me in though. One quick question.. if you get called for your medical, would it be safe to assume that they found no issue with your license or background? Thankfully, I kept copies of my Pre-Employment documents.

Just got the call for medical. I go down Monday morning!

Congrats man!!!!!

Fuoco thank you and congrats to you that's great news getting rid of that medical hold quick because you know what paper said about not holding your spot. The dam devil is always working.

I'm hoping and praying i'll have the same good results on Monday. Not sure which class they'll be putting me in though. One quick question.. if you get called for your medical, would it be safe to assume that they found no issue with your license or background?

I think you would be in the Dec2 class your investigator will let you know for sure. You would not have taken your drug test if it was a problem with your license. And when you go on monday and pass your medical they will take your fingerprints and thats your background check.

My interviewer said its a good time to be getting on cause alot of baby boomers are gonna be retiring, take it for what its worth she works in HR.

Congrats Fuoco!! Only thing that worries me is that I have 3 points on my license, but then again they said under 4 is ok. But I think I'm getting called next week God willing. Best of luck to you!

I'm hoping and praying i'll have the same good results on Monday. Not sure which class they'll be putting me in though. One quick question.. if you get called for your medical, would it be safe to assume that they found no issue with your license or background? Thankfully, I kept copies of my Pre-Employment documents.

Well the license isn't an issue because they look at that at pre-employment. They have immediate acces to the DMV records. But background is something I wouldn't worry about unless you had some criminal background on you. Credit is something they won't look into much, as they have said credit is not a determining factor for hiring, the drug rest, license and criminal background is what they look at. Good luck!

Congrats Fuoco!! Only thing that worries me is that I have 3 points on my license, but then again they said under 4 is ok. But I think I'm getting called next week God willing. Best of luck to you!

3 points you will be fine.

Thanks DEE!

And congrats to you and Fuoco on making it in!

Thanks

Since we are up to 160s roughly for medicals, you have to think that initial 430-500 that were called will fill up classes for the next 3 months. So people with list #s 500-1000 would be called in 3 months, pending they need more drivers at the time.

Since we are up to 160s roughly for medicals, you have to think that initial 430-500 that were called will fill up classes for the next 3 months. So people with list #s 500-1000 would be called in 3 months, pending they need more drivers at the time.

That's not true. Cuz u don't know how many ppl out of the 500 failed the drug test, have to many pts or accidents on they license, have a bad criminal record, or turned the job down at the moment by taking they name off the list. Cuz how they up to 160 for medicals and a training class is only like 10 ppl per class. The December 2nd class should b fulled by now.

That's not true. Cuz u don't know how many ppl out of the 500 failed the drug test, have to many pts or accidents on they license, have a bad criminal record, or turned the job down at the moment by taking they name off the list. Cuz how they up to 160 for medicals and a training class is only like 10 ppl per class. The December 2nd class should b fulled by now.

Yeah thats accounting for all of that, wasn't implying all ppl who were called made it through. Makes perfect sense, that's why they say we will be called between 2 & 90 days. 3 months worth of classes.

Yeah thats accounting for all of that, wasn't implying all ppl who were called made it through. Makes perfect sense, that's why they say we will be called between 2 & 90 days. 3 months worth of classes.

Hopefully they go thru the whole list in 3 months since they gonna have the 4600 exam list to use late next year.

When did u get convicted for those 3 pts?

When did u get convicted for those 3 pts?

Dre I was convicted October 2012.....for a cell phone. Dumbest thing I ever did. I should have challenged it, at the time I didn't know it was 3 points. But luckily it didn't happen more recently because it's now 5 points and an automatic disqualification.

Archived