NJT bus service "changes"

Amtrak7

holy cow, what is NJT doin on some of these routes???? the 43 cut?????? they must be joking, they should convert that route into a full line route, not limited. the 78 has been on its dying legs for some time.... im wondering how are they gonna split the 62, just like the 30/39? all this news just baffles me...

holy cow, what is NJT doin on some of these routes???? the 43 cut?????? they must be joking, they should convert that route into a full line route, not limited. the 78 has been on its dying legs for some time.... im wondering how are they gonna split the 62, just like the 30/39? all this news just baffles me...

I don't see the 43 being a full time route ... well when i catch the 3:25pm one it has a decent amount of people on it but not to the point that its packed well its just me i'm not sure how many people catch the 43 in the morning and night.

The 171/175 would probably be good alternatives

Alternate to what? You got me puzzled.

I don't see the 43 being a full time route ... well when i catch the 3:25pm one it has a decent amount of people on it but not to the point that its packed well its just me i'm not sure how many people catch the 43 in the morning and night.

I could only think of a new leg for the 1 bus as an alternative.

SJP you hit it right in the nail especally those greenville buses as a njcu student taking the 80 in west side to JSQ it is all you can eat buffet of crowding standing and insanity. Luckly they have the "standing room only" sign on the screen but no matter what they come in and sqiush the life out of the commute. It is not fun being in a SRO bus ,hell yesterday on the 84 it was full i swear i have not scene on the 84 standing room only ugh top that with a baby near me standing screaming or crying. So i said im out and got off at 53rd in wny. Case in point its not fun for me the driver or anyone else.

Was it the Park or Bergenline leg? See, Park ave is big time congested at times. Another reason why the 86 should go back to working Park Avenue beyond 45th street. See, I have a major issue with the 86P. It's not the 86P because it does not go down FULLY on Park Avenue. It should just be called the 86. The TRUE 86P continues on Park Avenue until 77th street to Nunguessers, just like the 84P does. Personally, the 86P should be operated every 30 minutes: Starting on Bergenline and 91st on one leg and the HBLR on another leg. The overcrowding issue and the late issues would be resolved immediately. But, then again, I'm just a former employer that just drove a bus. WTF do I know? That's how NJT thinks of their employees.

true BUT 405 can be saved but 455 would have to be altered I walked by that place either transfer that segment to 405 or enhance 455 for better PATCO connections at 405's expense with that part going bye bye. Heck what is stopping em from merging 451 south of haddonfield with 404 or 405 via haddonfield ave?? the 451 has the highest state subsidy and the northern part duplicates PATCO

My idea for the 405 is to turn the routh Northward on Haddonfield Rd and ruin it to either the RT.73 or Palmyra RiverLINE station so people who ride the LRT don't have to go into Camden in order to transfer to go to Cherry Hill Mall. [i prefer Palmyra because that stop is in a busy business district. Rt.73 is in an isolated area and it is not condusive for a transfer point.]

Bline leg JSP that was crowded on that day and yes it should be 86 heck to really make it spereate your right 86p is all of park ave maybe another access to the mall than the crowded one car of sardines light rai

• 1 month later...

Bus route 78 lives!!!!!!!!

http://www.nj.com/ne...rk-secau_1.html

Yes, Jim Weinstein was on that bus, giving passengers the good news

78 rose from the routes graveyard the rest of the other lines and cuts in service will still happen so its a bitter sweet ending. I think some folkd will try to use 78 with the 43 to the scrapheap but good for them to save it.

I honestly knew that the 78 was not going to go. That line does carry people to Harmon Meadow, UPS, and other places in Secaucus. To be honest, I'm surprised NJT never allowed that line to go into Wal-Mart like the 85 and 320 does. The line looks interesting, something I wouldn't mind trying except the UPS portion.

As for Sunday 181 service, there are SOME that go to the GWB from Union City, Englewood Cliffs, North Bergen. I know since I worked the 181 every Sunday for 4 hours. While that line didn't carry a lot of people to NY, it was a great local bus service. Honestly, I feel for some of the passengers that has to pay two fares: One to cross the bridge, and then the local fare since NJT does not allow transfers if the passengers is boarding in NY and alighting in NJ. I don't know if Philadelphia has that same policy.

This is my feeling but the 124 should not run for one reason and one reason only: the UPS people are savages. I still get angry about the incident last year when a B/O was nearly attacked because a undercover NJT officer arrested two people for fare evasion. They wanted to blame it on the B/O when she had NOTHING to do with it, and then blocked her bus. She had to drive the bus on the sidewalk to get away. That's why the late run, NABI's are used, which doesn't do a damn thing since the cameras do not work unless either the driver press the panic button or if the B/O gets into an accident. Get rid of the 124 for those people.

Well i guess the 43 is as good as done for that's gonna suck now i'ma have to catch the 40 to Harrison Ave and walk like 20-25 minutes to walmart and back its gonna be murder on the legs lmao.

And usually when i catch the 43 to walmart people do get off there though a few and sometimes i see people get on from there and i know for a fact its going to suck for the 5-8 people that get on it from Passaic st. that works in that area but i know that's not going to be enough.

Well i guess the 43 is as good as done for that's gonna suck now i'ma have to catch the 40 to Harrison Ave and walk like 20-25 minutes to walmart and back its gonna be murder on the legs lmao.

And usually when i catch the 43 to walmart people do get off there though a few and sometimes i see people get on from there and i know for a fact its going to suck for the 5-8 people that get on it from Passaic st. that works in that area but i know that's not going to be enough.

Well there are 2 options:

Extend the 30 to Walmart on hourly trips, or branch off the 78 to serve that area?

Archived