Incorrect sign on m31/m57 stop

M31clinton

I'm quite annoyed at an incorrect sign on the westbound m31/m57 stop on the northwest corner of 57 st & 7 ave. On the pole it has m31, m57, and m10 to Harlem however the m10 doesn't stop there. how could such a stupid mistake be made?

I think we're overreacting a bit here, it's a mistake. Half the signs on the M1 say it goes to South Ferry, half the signs on the M5 say it goes to Greenwich Village, and for the past ten years the 5th and 8th Street stop has said the M2 only stops there at night. There are tons of mistakes around the system, just submit a complaint or live with it.

I'm quite annoyed at an incorrect sign on the westbound m31/m57 stop on the northwest corner of 57 st & 7 ave. On the pole it has m31, m57, and m10 to Harlem however the m10 doesn't stop there. how could such a stupid mistake be made?

It's the DOT. The problem is no one checks behind these folks. I've seen them in action on Forest Avenue. They usually come around in the day time but off hours (at least on Staten Island) and I see one guy come with a truck with the signs and he'll change out the old ones. The new signs may not go up right away and in fact it may take weeks before the old signs are replaced, which means that folks may be bypassed for several weeks if you get a B/O prick that pretends like the stop doesn't exist. <_< If you have one person going around and changing them with no one to come behind him and check obviously there will be mistakes, so there's your answer. I do agree that a better system needs to be put in place because sometimes those signs or lack of them cause serious inconveniences and it doesn't help that the B/Os pretend as if they don't know where the real stop is when they've been doing the route for years.

There is a stop at Union Square that I had to write in about because the DOT changed the signs and forgot to add the M3 stop, so for several weeks you had some B/Os stopping there and others blowing by the stop saying that no stop existed there even though it is a major stop and the M1 and M2 stop there.

One B/O did that crap... Saw me there and blows by the stop calling himself being a wise-ass and I caught an M2 which caught up to him at 42nd and then I got off and boarded his bus and he could've sh*t a brick in his pants. I got sick of seeing elderly folks more than anything being bypassed, so I wrote in and finally one afternoon I looked up and saw a fresh new M3 sign up. They've since finally added the timetable for the bus as well there, so you'll have to write in. You can write to the (MTA) and they'll eventually get back to you and they'll then contact the DOT to have the problem fixed.

I know how you feel.

There's also incorrect sign on Madison Av/38th St indicating New York Waterway's ferry shuttle bus stops there, but NYWY revised the route to 42nd St, 5th Av, 34th St.

Also, DOT put new sign for NYWY's East River Ferry shuttle bus stop at 6th Av/48th St, 34th St/Lexington Av, and they use SI (Staten Island), and it supposed to be ER for East River.

There's still on Church St, Bee-Line BxM4C still exists at some city bus stop.

Archived