NICE 1627 Fail on the n22L

PinePower

Kept stalling out. The Orion V CNGs are dropping like flies. Driver had patience. I bet some guys would say "screw this company, I'm leaving the bus right here in the intersection".

In addition to this breakdown there were two others, the 4:30pm n27 trip from Roslyn to Glen Cove (no show - return run from GC at 5:05pm never filled) and the 4:40pm n27 from HTC to Glen Cove.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=446699528688502

Once the beeping starts what happens? From the look of things the engine still runs and the bus still moves, but all the accessories (powersteering) go off?

No it stalls out. The beeping starts when the bus loses power, slows down, and shuts off.

Wow so if a bus is packed basically you really have get on it because you don't kno if another one is coming. I expected some of these higher ridership routes to run more often like the N15,N20,N21,N27,N4, and so on. Wow even some of those hourly service routes combined with another hourly route run mor often than some of those routes, N80,N81.

Reminds me of the day I was riding the N24 to Roosevelt Field, the bus hit the curb pretty hard coming out of the Mineola transit hub, a rough jolt from the rear left wheel and then the beeping... Then the bus shut off and kept rolling. Driver applied brakes then restarted the engine.

Pretty weird feature on these buses.

Interesting. Put the NG's on limited/express routes please and the NG's on the frequent routes and high ridership routes, and put 05's on low ridership routes

That's literally impossible considering the run lists some drivers have. And then nobody would take the runs with the O5s.

Interesting. Put the NG's on limited/express routes please and the NG's on the frequent routes and high ridership routes, and put 05's on low ridership routes

Half the system is "low ridership".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived