TD bank robbery

B3 Via Av U

Aren't all TD banks supposed to have bodyguards protecting it?

Yeah, most of them in NYC usually have an NYPD officer standing in there. I know I always see one in any branch I go into, like at Bayside.

Problem with that chain is the lack of bulletproof glass. I understand the idea of wanting a 'warmer' feel, but bp glass are there for a reason. Even now in case of robbery the general rule has been "do not aggravate the robber" probably to avoid anyone from getting shot in a potential crossfire. I mean it may come down to the point where everyone should go thru a metal detector before entering...

There's always a cop inside the TD Bank near my office there by Grand Central. If I have to run an errand in place of our accountant, I'm always greeted warmly. I like the bank but it's almost too small for my liking. I'm perplexed as to how the robbery went down if there was a cop there??

I live by this TD, from all I know, there is definitely usually a cop standing by the ATM's and a security guy by the vault.

I don't know the exact details, but it caused a lot of traffic and quite a crowd for some time.

*EDIT*

Article was posted on my news feed:

http://www.nydailynews.com/crook-lowers-roof-next-door-business-rob-td-bank-brooklyn-article-1.1130319

There's always a cop inside the TD Bank near my office there by Grand Central. If I have to run an errand in place of our accountant, I'm always greeted warmly. I like the bank but it's almost too small for my liking. I'm perplexed as to how the robbery went down if there was a cop there??

Walk up to the teller with a note saying to hand over all the money you have and don't trip the alarm. Tellers are told in training to do what the robber says, if they say no dye pack... don't try to slip in the dye pack. It's not your money, no need to be a hero. But yea, it's that easy.

Walk up to the teller with a note saying to hand over all the money you have and don't trip the alarm. Tellers are told in training to do what the robber says, if they say no dye pack... don't try to slip in the dye pack. It's not your money, no need to be a hero. But yea, it's that easy.

My point is that with the way those TD Banks are set up, at least with the one near my office, the cop is relatively close to the tellers so he can pretty much see what is going down, close enough to perhaps even sense if there is a problem based on how the tellers react since he watches all of the customers that come in and out of the bank all day. The TD Bank on Forest Avenue has the cop stationed practically next to where the tellers work at. That's why I said that. I guess TD Banks all operate differently.

My point is that with the way those TD Banks are set up, at least with the one near my office, the cop is relatively close to the tellers so he can pretty much see what is going down, close enough to perhaps even sense if there is a problem based on how the tellers react since he watches all of the customers that come in and out of the bank all day. The TD Bank on Forest Avenue has the cop stationed practically next to where the tellers work at. That's why I said that. I guess TD Banks all operate differently.

I used to work at TD Bank...

Archived