Coney Island courts Hooters

Shortline Bus

hooters28k-1-lan-web.jpg

"Park Slope’s snub is Coney Island’s dream.

A Surf Avenue landlord is wooing Hooters to rent out the soon-to-be constructed restaurant on top of his vacant lot - three months after a parental uproar in Park Slope over the chain’s interest in opening near the Barclays center.

Landlord Natan Bukai and his broker Joe Vitacco have spent the summer sending sketches to Hooters officials detailing how 1223 Surf Avenue can transform into Brooklyn’s hub for buxom beauties serving cheap beer and wings.

“Maybe for Park Slope, they are right (to reject Hooters),” said Bukai. “But for Coney Island, it is very good.”

Vitacco added: “You have a Mermaid Parade with half naked people. You have a beach with bikinis. This is not a place where kids become amoral if they see a piece of leg.”

The Atlanta-based chain, famous for dressing its waitresses in orange hot shorts and push-up bras, was the target of a parental uproar in the spring as Park Slope parents spread word of Hooters’ reps looking at spaces around the Nets arena."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/coney-island-courts-hooters-surf-avenue-landlord-asks-beer-and-babe-chain-move-community-leaders-rejoice-article-1.1145691#ixzz24nVetCjC

“Maybe for Park Slope, they are right (to reject Hooters),” said Bukai. “But for Coney Island, it is very good.”

I can somewhat agree to this (although I wouldn't add all that emphasis to it).... These are the same (neighborhood of) parents' that made a stink about ice cream trucks in their neighborhood; I'd only imagine they'd go ballistic over some damn hooters..... As for CI, whatever... What beachfront stores are over there anyway? I haven't walked along the boardwalk for quite some time now....

Actually I think CI/Brighton area is next part of Brooklyn to be invaded by 'hipsters' lol. :D

Not hipsters, but apart from the russian population in Brighton Beach, arab population is startin to creep up (increase) down there too.... there's still the mexicans & central americans down there..... Coney Island turning into a hipster area? lol, I don't see it.... the only whites that live around CI are the ones that live in the trump village apts, and those are the more elderly ones....

Yeah... with the kind of things I see women on the streets wearing these days, Hooters is tame...

This.

Actually, I heard CI is becoming more diverse, with the Russians from Brighton Beach expanding into CI (and I'm talking deep into Coney Island, not just near the amusement parks and subway station and everything).

Hmm... then they have to be those russians that can't get into the gate (sea gate) & live very close to w 37th....

Because the only group of people really that live in CI proper otherwise are blacks & ricans....

Yeah... with the kind of things I see women on the streets wearing these days, Hooters is tame...

Truth my friend... Truth...

---------

Off-topic for a second: Reminds me of a chick I saw not to long ago... Had barely anything on... I was like: Is this chick serious? It's hot out but there's no reason to be dressing like that... Have more respect for yourself... Then they get mad when you tell them stuff like that and claim they could do whatever they want.... Then they the first ones to start complaining about men... Don't get me wrong, I look but I prefer chicks who dress classy-sexy not like prostitutes....

If you're reading this B35, AWALT! ;)

On topic: I don't know if they're going to let hooters come there though... Hate it when people think it's a strip club.... Manily women say that though... I also hate that "Not kid friendly" excuse... It's up to the parent if they want to take their kids there...

Actually, I heard CI is becoming more diverse, with the Russians from Brighton Beach expanding into CI (and I'm talking deep into Coney Island, not just near the amusement parks and subway station and everything).

While Coney Island might be becoming diverse, those conservative Russians and elders (from Brighton Beach, Sea Gate and Trump Village) could be a thorn in this plan. They were the same ones who moved the Summer Concerts from Asser Levy Park to Coney Island.

But wasn't that mainly because of the noise 'pollution'? They live near the beach and should be accustomed to women wearing bikini tops or less.

It was because of that, particularly during Jewish Sabbath, as many of the Russians do practice Judaism.

Archived