Route Mystery. Can you Solve it?!

BreeddekalbL

I used to remeber this route when i was younger it used to go over the Williamsburg Bridge and terminate somewhere in Manhattan i think in china town i remember it was either a B50something or a B60something. Can you please help me solve the Mystery? If you know the Answer can you tell me what happened to it was it eliminated or was the route changed?

In reading the above statement there are certain terms that tend to make me think that the forum member is referring to the B/51 which was eliminated in 2010. He said he thinks that it was either a B/50 or B/60 number and that it terminated in Chinatown. The B/51 meets this criteria except it went through Chinatown and then went south on Lafayette Street and returned via the Bowery to Brooklyn via the Manhattan Bridge. He stated that he thought it ran over the Williamsburgh Bridge and that was the B/39 which terminated on the Lower East Side at Allen and Delancey Streets and was also eliminated in 2010..

Interestingly what the storm did was to point out how vital these two routes are no matter how many passengers that they carry on a regular basis and that the routes should have been retained for situations as we have now

Well the B51 was orginally combined with the B63...

You're thinking of the old, old, OLD B15, which ran four round trips daily (two AM, two PM) between Atlantic Terminal and Canal/Baxter Streets via the Manhattan Bridge as a "special" of sorts for Brooklyn Technical High School. It ran out of Fifth Avenue Depot (now JG) and was interlined with the B63.

The B51 ran all day and was scheduled independently of the B63.

The route that he is referring to is the part of the B/18 Wyckoff Avenue that ran from Crescent Street and Jamaica Avenue via Cypress Avenue, Wyckoff Avenue, Porter Avenue. and then terminated in Williamsburg at Metropolitan Avenue and Graham Avenue. The route was later revised to run via Bushwick Avenue and Flushing Avenue and then on to Wyckoff Avenue from Williamsburg. This route was merged with the B/13 which ended at the Myrtle Avenue-Wyckoff Avenue Station and operated via Ridgewood and crossing the Brooklyn-Queens Line via Cypress Hills Street and then went down Crescent Street to the Brooklyn Developmental Center on Fountain Ave.

The two routes were merged with the B/13 being extended to Williamsburg and the portion of the B/18 via Cypress Avenue being eliminated. The route was alter cut back again to DeKalb Avenue from Williamsburgh which is the location of the Wyckoff Heights Hospital.

Well the B51 was orginally combined with the B63 and the B39 was orginally a part of the B44 route, which is sad that sections that orginally were 24 hours were trimmed down ( in the B51 case).

When you say the B39 was once combined with the B44, you are making a misleading statement. The B44, B46, B40 (now B47), and probably the old B47 (now B43 south of Broadway), all once went over the Williamsburg Bridge as trolleys.

Archived