Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
GojiMet86

Packed New York City commuter ferry slams into Pier 11 in lower Manhattan

Rate this topic

[float=left]post-5097-0-07815000-1357760061_thumb.jpg[/float]A crowded New Jersey ferry crashed Wednesday when docking in lower Manhattan, injuring 57 rush hour commuters who were tossed wildly across the damaged ship.

The Seastreak ferry bounced hard off two docking slips when arriving at Pier 11, sending riders tumbling down stairways and through glass doors before coming to a halt.

Two victims were in critical condition after the hard landing reduced the routine morning ride into a terrifying tableau of bloody passengers bolting from the damaged craft, authorities said.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-07815000-1357760061_thumb.jpg

Saw this this afternoon.  At first I thought it was the S.I. Ferry again and was about to call my cousin to see if he was there and if he was okay.  Luckily I then realized it wasn't.

Saw this this afternoon.  At first I thought it was the S.I. Ferry again and was about to call my cousin to see if he was there and if he was okay.  Luckily I then realized it wasn't.

Was thinking the same thing...

i hope everyone recover quickly.  Next time you are on ferry boats stay off the stairs. this is reason why they keep playing this message. 

Edited by pjbr40
  • Upvote 1