Bus Operator final Processing.

red6spd

Hello everyone. I'm knew to the forum and have a question that I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on. I have done some searching but cant really find a good answer. I received a phone call this past Thursday to come back to Livingston St for final processing on Monday. What does this actually mean? How close am I to getting this position. I'm trying to keep my current job in the loop for if or when I will be leaving but its becoming very difficult. Thank you for your help.

Hello red6spd, If you already went to Livingston st for your pre-employment and drug screen, they are now going to give you a medical exam.  Which will include a hearing test, eye test, weight, blood pressure and a urine test to check if you are diabetic.  If you pass all these tests they are going to hire you and hopefully give you a class date. I start training tomorrow at Zerega in the Bronx.  I was hired on the 4th of January,

Good Luck

Dont quit your job yet if possible because you still have to pass the 10 day training course before you are officially a bus operator. If you dont pass, you'll be out of a job so its best to take a leave of absense if you can while in training

I have heard this warning before on this forum but unfortunately I cant really take a leave of absence to start another job. I have plenty of vacation time but we are not aloud to take vacation during the winter so I don't know what to do. I cant stand my current job so I will do my absolute best to pass the training. I also have five and half years experience driving a 5,000 gallon fuel truck on an airport so I hope that helps a bit.

red6spd, Congrats.  The parking is OK at Zerega as long as you get there early.  Today was my first day of training the class started at 7:00, I arrived at 6:15 and there was no problem parking.Tomorrow I'm off to Fresh Pond for the rest of mu training.

red6spd, Congrats.  The parking is OK at Zerega as long as you get there early.  Today was my first day of training the class started at 7:00, I arrived at 6:15 and there was no problem parking.Tomorrow I'm off to Fresh Pond for the rest of mu training.

Great, so your just parking on the street somewhere? I'm not to familiar with the city especially the Bronx and I really don't want to risk getting on the wrong train or bus and screwing up the job.

Congrats and good luck! When I go to zerega I try to get there by 6am. Get a paper and some coffee on the way and then just chill in my car till its time to go inside. If u get there anytime after 630am I'd say u will have a real hard time parking.a couple yrs ago I had to park almost a mile away. And it was raining.lol.

So.I'm hired. Start the 28th. Does anyone know how the parking is at the training facility?

Hi,

Congrats on your new job. My question to you is, when did you take your B/O exam. I've been told that it takes up to 2-3 years to hear back from MTA upon passing the exam

Hi,

Congrats on your new job. My question to you is, when did you take your B/O exam. I've been told that it takes up to 2-3 years to hear back from MTA upon passing the exam

Well I passed the test then got called for a physiological maybe a month after. After that I did not hear from the MTA for over two years except for a letter stateing my list number and test score. Two years later and three visits to Brooklyn and I start training/qualifying on the 28th

Well I passed the test then got called for a physiological maybe a month after. After that I did not hear from the MTA for over two years except for a letter stateing my list number and test score. Two years later and three visits to Brooklyn and I start training/qualifying on the 28th

Wow! Well I have heard that it does take 2-3 years. I just wanted to double-tripple check. lol I took the TA exam 2 weeks ago. Im going to also take the Mabstoa and the part-time b/o exam. Im going to start Cdl training in another 3wks. And just wait it out. The years fly by anyway, so I'll be patient.  

Wow! Well I have heard that it does take 2-3 years. I just wanted to double-tripple check. lol I took the TA exam 2 weeks ago. Im going to also take the Mabstoa and the part-time b/o exam. Im going to start Cdl training in another 3wks. And just wait it out. The years fly by anyway, so I'll be patient.  

Well good luck. It was a huge surprise for me when I got the letter in the mail.

Day 1 of driving went good, no real issues for someone who has never driven a bus before.

Day 2 learned different types of turns highway driving, did my Air brake test properly along with exterior and interior pre-trip inspections. But rushed myself around a right turn and scrub a curb, then went to make a left turn and initially turned into the left turn lane instead of the right turn lane. Oh well no biggie.  

Day 3 and 4 done. Learned more difficult turns, drove in flushing which is like a mini Manhattan LOL. Did some highway driving, learned to parallel park the bus, service bus stops, air brake test, interior and exterior pre-trip inspections (very important for me because I have to take a DMV road test at some point with the MTA), did the L-Pillar test which is where you drive in and out of the Pillars of an elevated train. And I'm sure some other stuff I don't remember right now. No issues with any of it and got satisfactory's for both days. Monday we are hitting Manhattan baby!!!!!!!   

Archived