Baby Born With HIV Apparently Cured, Say Scientists

checkmatechamp13

Very impressive result! That doctor took a really big risk, if something had gone wrong that would have been a giant lawsuit for sure. But I guess some of our best discoveries come from accidents and risks, so good ending in this case. 

Very encouraging.

There are also cases where people somehow become cured of Hepatitis C. There are antivirals on the market that can indeed lower the levels of antibodies to the point that it,s undetectable in blood tests which looks for such antibodies. But aside from that there is definite medical proof that amazingly people's immune systems did in fact destroyed any cases of the Hep C virus, a supposedly incurable disease as compared to Hep A and B.. The human body is a marvelous piece of equipment isn't it? 

At least now imo we maybe 20 years or less from a way for those of this horrible disease to at least controlled or even cured. Now lets do it for cancer.

Indeed, sir. We just may see the day in our lifetimes and our children will benefit from this horrific disease. How many people in my nursing internships have I seen people sadly ravaged with Kaposi's Sarcoma, dying. It is not pleasant to see. 

Very impressive result! That doctor took a really big risk, if something had gone wrong that would have been a giant lawsuit for sure. But I guess some of our best discoveries come from accidents and risks, so good ending in this case. 

A lot of medical knowledge come from what the Nazis did to the Jews and Gypsies, believe it or not. Plenty were bought from the Japanese in exchange for lesser punishments after the war.

A lot of medical knowledge come from what the Nazis did to the Jews and Gypsies, believe it or not. Plenty were bought from the Japanese in exchange for lesser punishments after the war.

I never heard that before. I've seen a lot of the horrific "experiments" the Nazis did with giving people hypothermia, gangrene, various dieseases, etc., but I never heard of any solid knowledge coming out of those horrible experiments. 

I never heard that before. I've seen a lot of the horrific "experiments" the Nazis did with giving people hypothermia, gangrene, various dieseases, etc., but I never heard of any solid knowledge coming out of those horrible experiments. 

Yes it is true as CenSin has stated. Many of today's medical advancements came out of the horrific experiments that took place on its captives during WW2. The same with today's weapons of mass destruction and technology in aviation such as intercontinental ballistic missles and even stealth technology. That technology developed in Nazi Germany was the foundation for the weapons we saw in the Cold War between the US and the former Soviet Union. It's a really f**ked up world out there. War is war and that's the reality of it. It scarred humanity for life what happened during that time up to the Korean and Vietnam War and beyond.

Well that's a very exciting story. Most rich and celebrities lose aids, there is a cure but too expensive and anoynomous. Cancer, to all Cancer patients, eat Sour Sop (Guanabana). They can cure (or heal) after eating it every day for two years but it's not garanteed. It might start taking affect after 6 months.

They were only able to"cure" said baby because they were able to contain the virus before it had hit the point of no return. Good try that resulted in major success though

Oh yes true. The doctor gave the child many more times than normal the antivirals used for HIV patients to reduce the viral count. They do this with Hepatitis C also. Sometimes with the antivirals available today, it can be so effective that the viral count will be so low it's undetectable in standard Hep C tests.

Archived