Rethinking Hudson

Beautiful pics...  The Hudson Line really offers some fantastic scenery from the Spuyten Duyvil & Riverdale stations and up.

Love the Hudson valley scenery, no wonder there was a whole "school" dedicated to the region. Sorry about the -1, I wanted to do the opposite but damn touch screen.

Fantastic shots, mate!

Glad you liked them

Were those pics at Breakneck Ridge?

Nice Shots!

There are descriptions on the site, nevertheless some are from Scarborough, some from Ardsley-on-Hudson.

Amtrak is from "somewhere" else.

Great shots! I see you came to my hometown (that is, Tarrytown.)

And here Iam thinking you were a New Yorker, seriously for upstate dweller you don't have that many pics of MNRR

Are all the Metro North trains running on electricity ? It seems that one of the four tracks does not have a third rail.

Not all, Hudson and Harlem are electrified for fraction of the route, the rest is covered by diesels. Electrified stations have shorted distance between each other compared to stations served by diesels. Hudson also serves Amtrak Empire Service and some to Albany and the rest of the country, they utilize diesels only.

Are all the Metro North trains running on electricity ? It seems that one of the four tracks does not have a third rail.

All main line tracks on the Hudson Line are electrified from CP5 (the Hudson and Harlem split) to CP35 (north of Harmon Yard) with the exception of track 1. There are some significant third rail gaps from CP19 (north of Greystone) to CP33 (south of Croton Harmon). There is no third rail north of CP35.

On the Harlem Line, all main line track has third rail up until north of CP154 (north of Southeast). There is no third rail beyond that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived