R188 Discussion Thread

DOB2RTO

install wireless receivers to receive CBTC signals, also install related ATO equipment (ATC, ATP, etc.)

i don't know what else you would need.

And where would you find the space for the ATO equipment?

I don't know what I have to deal with! The R-62/62A will be capable of being CTBC, and just install what Fanrailer said! No need of buying a useless R-188! Just get over it...

Fanrailer proved it, and just wireless things around the R-62/62A and (7)<7> line, so if you mean the R-62 cannot be CTBC ready, all R-44, R-46, R-68 is not CTBC capable and that means Queens Blvd. Line and Jamaica Yard would need all NTT's... Just get over it...

I don't know either, GPS maybe... But that is all we need to have the R-62/62A be a CTBC train...

The R-188 is NOT NEEDED!!! And if this goes on close this thread!!!

I'm not even gonna comment. See both of MTR's posts.

I don't think CTBC is effective type of stuff other than bringing info on what train is next... It'll be only useful when the (7)<7> is in the tunnel... Around the Elevated section the (7)<7> is more visible... But, it'll be good and the R-62 would go fast with CTBC installed just like the current LED's...

Visibility means nothing. If the T/O's drove by sight we'd probably have more accidents than with the current signals.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you think Overground Visibility does not show but CTBC is just some random stuff that tells you when the next train will come, where the train is at... I could easily see the R-62 (7)<7> train on the station! So therefore CTBC is not really useful above grounds...

You don't even know what CBTC is, do you? EPIC FAIL.

Read this.

Whatever...

Oh, I gotta take Wikipedia as a more reliable source... Cannot find CTBC in nycsubway.org; while another site proves useless today...

To your previous posts; I have no choice but to use this picture that I love, again:

handtohead.jpg

Okay, you know why you can't find it?

Because you have been spelling it ALL WRONG. It is C.B.T.C NOT CTBC. (Computer Based Train Control)

I don't know what I have to deal with! The R-62/62A will be capable of being CTBC

Its an epic fail so your point is useless

and just install what Fanrailer said! No need of buying a useless R-188! Just get over it...

I don't care what another railfanner said they want and don't want (no disrespect). You need to get over it.....R-188 will be here and here to stay. So you just get over the fact R-62A's can't be converted into CBTC....so your arugment have no fact behind b/c you keep repeating yourself over and over again sounding like a broken record. You have no proof that a R-62A can be CBTC....so thats a joke.

But, the R-62 could go into SMS and Overhaul and have CBTC! Just deal with it, Just Deal With It, JUST DEAL WITH IT!!!

You just don't get it don't you... The R-62 I can tell, it can be CBTC ready! So just get over it and stop arguing and defending yourself when you do not get the point!!!

Where are you going to find space to put all the CBTC equipment?

Why don't you stop making the same point over and over again? You're not even giving us any hard evidence that it's CBTC capable.

But, the R-62 could go into SMS and Overhaul and have CBTC! Just deal with it, Just Deal With It, JUST DEAL WITH IT!!!

You just don't get it don't you... The R-62 I can tell, it can be CBTC ready! So just get over it and stop arguing and defending yourself when you do not get the point!!!

I like when people on this forums argue around... Just too much arguement, just too much!

Hahahahaha....last time I checked I'm grown and I'll defend myself as long as I want......your point is useless. You need to get over it.....R-62A will not be converted into CBTC.....thats a such a laughable point and makes no sense @ all. You don't get it obviously. You can't tell me anything b/c theres nothing to tell. You have no engineering skills and you theory of R-62A's being a CBTC is a lack of!

Where are you going to find space to put all the CBTC equipment?

Why don't you stop making the same point over and over again? You're not even giving us any hard evidence that it's CBTC capable.

He's a broken record so he have to repeat himself to hear himself talk and add on to over 1000 post!

People don't get my point so I have to say it over and over and over again to try to get their brains clear!!! And the space would be below the train!!!

Haha, you just proved yourselve grown up when you are not just like me, and your point is uselles just like mine and you need to get over it just like me! And the R-62 can be converted to CBTC and that is such as useless point to talk about and you cannot tell anything and you don't have engineering skills and you have a lack of knowledge about the R-62/62A just like me so we both are stupid!!!

This is EPIC FAIL.

Transfer is available to JUST ADMIT THAT YOU CAN'T RETROFIT THE R62/A FOR THE TECHNOLOGY.

This is a close bound thread, the next stop is More Common Sense.

Stand clear of the closing post, please.

Excuse me, WHO ARE YOU CALLING STUPID?

Haha, you just proved yourselve grown up when you are not just like me, and your point is uselles just like mine and you need to get over it just like me! And the R-62 can be converted to CBTC and that is such as useless point to talk about and you cannot tell anything and you don't have engineering skills and you have a lack of knowledge about the R-62/62A just like me so we both are stupid!!!

The only stupid person on here is you......not me. You find me real proof that you can covert a R-62A to CBTC. You never made any points.....you co-signs other ppls post/comments but you can't even make a legible truthful. I have more knowledge of the R-62's better than you. I've been riding the trains since I was 11 yrs old and I know the subway like the back of my hand. Come back to me when you have thinking and logic skills. I don't need to be an engineer to know you can't covert a R-62A into CBTC....so ha the joke is on you buddyboy!. I got over the fact your point is invaild, you obviously can't handle the truth when someone tells you something

People don't get my point so I have to say it over and over and over again to try to get their brains clear!!! And the space would be below the train!!!

image306.jpg

(C) original artist

Have you seen the underside of an R62A? Those are single unit cars, linked semipermanently into 5-car sets. They have HVACs and air compressors down there along with a lot of other stuff. Do you think it's gonna fit?

And do you have any engineering skills? And if you claim that you lack knowledge about the R62A why do you assert that it is CBTC-capable?

This is EPIC FAIL.

Transfer is available to JUST ADMIT THAT YOU CAN'T RETROFIT THE R62/A FOR THE TECHNOLOGY.

This is a close bound thread, the next stop is More Common Sense.

Stand clear of the closing post, please.

Excuse me, WHO ARE YOU CALLING STUPID?

He was calling me stupid but its alright b/c I've been called worse names b4....so he's not hurting my feelings....I'll dust of my shoulder to the fact he's a lil child!

YOU CAN'T RETROFIT THE R62/A FOR THE TECHNOLOGY.

MTR, didn't we already establish in the previous posts it was possible to convert R62A to CBTC but it would be easier with the R142/A? I now realize from everyone's arguments that it would be pointless to convert the R62A to CBTC, but it is still possible. Besides, those R62A's from Corona/Flushing would most likely be switching places with the R142, which will be converted hence they wouldn't be retired early anyway. And that is the only reason I fought for the R62A's being converted to CBTC, because I thought they would be retired early. But in reality they are just going to different lines. So R188, come right in! (and the R188 is only 23 cars, most of it would be converted R142/A's)

MTR, didn't we already establish in the previous posts it was possible to convert R62A to CBTC but it would be easier with the R142/A? I now realize from everyone's arguments that it would be pointless to convert the R62A to CBTC, but it is still possible. Besides, those R62A's from Corona/Flushing would most likely be switching places with the R142, which will be converted hence they wouldn't be retired early anyway. And that is the only reason I fought for the R62A's being converted to CBTC, because I thought they would be retired early. But in reality they are just going to different lines. So R188, come right in! (and the R188 is only 23 cars, most of it would be converted R142/A's)

Possible, not worthwhile. That's the point.

Word up, Orion.

Okay, you are an SIZE="5"]EPIC FAIL! And you don't get it![[/size]

And you don't get it!

Everyone here is just people who has addiction of arguing... I said just attach the system to wires and convert some of the ads on the roof to have CBTC things installed and you are perfectly describing the everyone who is arguing with me and me...

Thaere are enough room under walls!!! And R-142 also has near like dimensions with the R-62's!!!

I called you Stupid because you are arguing like you are going to explode!!!

EPIC FAIL

Okay, you are an EPIC FAIL! And you don't get it!

I called you Stupid because you are arguing like you are going to explode!!!
Yeah and name-calling will definately stop the explosion huh.. I sense an epic failure here and it ain't me or MTR Admirality.

Archived