My First Transit Shot

This is my first transit shot ever. Any comments on how I can improve are appreciated.

1_100_0761_00_edited.jpg

New Flyer Viking 997 at Casey Stengel

The original photo was much wider and had multiple Orion Vs and VIIs but the file was too large so I had to crop it to that.

• 3 weeks later...

2. Try not get objects in the way of your subject.

Why?.. Sometimes the picture may look a lilbetter with cars trucks, people etc in the picture. It really just depends on how I get it. IMO it makes the look more Real catching the Bus In Action. It stands out.... now I'm not saying take a pic of a bus and its being covered by an 18 wheeler...

I learned that its impossilbe to catch a bus all alone where I live. Its too bus traffic, but I can get a great pic. Just gotta work. I like taking my pics in angles instead of str8. Its works for me!

I like the pic thou!!!!

Why?.. Sometimes the picture may look a lilbetter with cars trucks, people etc in the picture. It really just depends on how I get it. IMO it makes the look more Real catching the Bus In Action. It stands out.... now I'm not saying take a pic of a bus and its being covered by an 18 wheeler...

I learned that its impossilbe to catch a bus all alone where I live. Its too bus traffic, but I can get a great pic. Just gotta work. I like taking my pics in angles instead of str8. Its works for me!

I like the pic thou!!!!

An object, such as a car, or too many people, in front of the bus you're trying to take a pic, doesn't look right, well to me, and what I've learned from a few people and what they've thought me. I like to work with the environment around to get the picture, but I always try to get the bus in clear open view, especially the front. I don't know, thats just my style and how I learned. If I get a car in the way of the bus I'm taking a picture of, I either just forget about the shot or wait til at least I see I still have a chance for the shot, especially if its a bus of importance. And if a person is crossing in front, I just wait til he/she is out of the way.

Clutter in front of the object, just ain't for me, but around it, and looks cool, makes for a cool shot for me.

An object, such as a car, or too many people, in front of the bus you're trying to take a pic, doesn't look right, well to me, and what I've learned from a few people and what they've thought me. I like to work with the environment around to get the picture, but I always try to get the bus in clear open view, especially the front. I don't know, thats just my style and how I learned. If I get a car in the way of the bus I'm taking a picture of, I either just forget about the shot or wait til at least I see I still have a chance for the shot, especially if its a bus of importance. And if a person is crossing in front, I just wait til he/she is out of the way.

Clutter in front of the object, just ain't for me, but around it, and looks cool, makes for a cool shot for me.

I think I missed what iwas getting at.... I ment it can still be a clean shot if a car is in the pic.. Like behind or in front of the bus but you catch the bus with nothing in front of it... I guess that my technic because I catch them from angles and not str8 shots. But that's the great thing about people. We all think differently

Archived