Yuki's Trip on 6/30-31 involving 4 SBS routes

FamousNYLover

I wore orange vest I bought few days ago and put sign with magic marker, "OFFICIAL TRANSIT ADVOCATES" "TRANSPORTATION GUIDE" with Long Island Bus Rider Union/NICE Bus.

My friend told me to have reflecting vest, especially if I was going to be at dark area, just to avoid getting hit by car or bicycle.

I boarded the LGA-bound Q72 #8928 departed Junction Blvd/37th Av @ 7:39, arrived LGA Airport Central Terminal Area A at 7:54.

Total time on Bus: 15 minutes.

Next, I rush to get Bronx bus map because I want to try Bx41 SBS, but there was no new one, but to make sure and boarded Morningside Heights-bound M60 #5978 departed 8:02, arrived 125th St/Lexington Av @ 8:32.

Total time: 30 minutes.

I cross over and make sure with Bx15 Fordham Plaza driver to comfirm Bx41 SBS is running, so when I got into 125th St Station, police officers were looking confused with orange vest I was wearing.

I boarded front car #7145 of Woodlawn-bound (4)  departed 8:37, arrived Fordham Rd @ 8:55.

Total time on Subway: 18 minutes.

Next, I rush to Bx12 SBS stop at Fordham Rd/Jerome Av, bought receipt and boarded Bay Plaza-bound Bx12 SBS #1201 departed 9:01, arrived Fordham Plaza @ 12:09.

Total time on Bx12 +Select Bus Service+: 8 minutes.

At Fordham Plaza, Bx15's new pic up was where dispatcher's bus used to park and facing toward west.

After I ask MaBSTOA driver where was Bx41 SBS and I said thank you.

When I got to Webster Av/Fordham Rd, there was one eagle Team who remember me from Bx12 or M15 SBS.

I boarded the The HUB-bound Bx41 SBS #5782 departed 9:19. Female driver who used to do M3/M4 was driving the Kingsbridge bus.

I got off at the 3rd Av/150th St at 9:33.

Total time on Bx41 +Select Bus Service+: 14 minutes.

Next after I bought $1 Arizona Iced Tea at deli asking MTA Dispatcher if Bx41 SBS brochure guide were there, but I missed them and got on 125th St/12th Av-bound Bx15 #5654 departed 9:37 at 3rd Av/148th St, arrived 2nd Av/127th St @ 9:48.

Total time on Bus: 11 mnutes.

Next, I went to get M15 SBS receipt from 126th St Depot stop and got on South Ferry-bound M15 SBS #1254 departed 9:53, arrived 2nd Av/42nd St at 10:16.

Total time on M15 +Select Bus Service+ 23 minutes.

After I change my clothes at PAX restroom and used quick restroom for animal advocates on the Heritage Pride Parade, I got on Circle Line-bound M42 #6746 departed 42nd St/3rd Av @ 10:27, and arrived 42nd St/Park Av @ 10:29.

Total time on Bus: 2 minutes.

I waiting until Apple Store opens at 11am because I want to check my parade group number and Mercy for Animals location.

I found Newsday downstairs. I bought Newsday, when to check Parade Group ID number for Horse Carriage and Goose Protesters section and where Mercy for Animals was, and watching KINESIS Project's Flashmob rehersal video and around 11:30, I darted  to 40th St/Madison Av, stop by to say hello to Mercy for Animals and I went to 40th St deli to get Vegan chip. (Only during the parade and animal protect, I decided to eat vegan snack. It was crowded with marchers, but line went quick.

After I comfirm with police officer on Correction Bus if I could cross 5th Av and she nodded and cross 5th Av, show Group ID number to NYPD went to 38th St group. I asked marcher where was this section and they were kind. New York Clean Lilable for Safer Street and Goosewatch NYC was joing the Heritage Parade for first time.

Red t-shirt was ANYONE BUT QUINN and WHITE WAS NY CLASS T-shirt.

I wasn't comfortable with long wait, but to help express to help animal, I joined them with parade. I joined MFA last year.

I saw Jim Huffman's friend (former librarian from 96th St Library Branch) when I went to look for "DEFEAT CHRISTINE QUINN/QUEERS AGAiNST CHRISTINE QUINN group who happen to be at same block on 38th St us between 5th & 6th Avs and they had sign that says, LGBTA against Christine Quinn" block long flier.

After I got soda to use restroom at diner, then went to get snack. I didn't know it was going to be long wait before our turn to march. NY Class and Goosewatch NYC had horse carriage protest banner. On my Goosewatch NYC t-shirt, I bought horse carriage and I love Goose and added HORSE.

Our group started around 2:30pm and we teamed up and catch up with Anti-Christine Quinn group and we hold protest rally signs like CHRISTINE QUINN'S HUMAN RIGHT- REPORT CARD D+, CHRISTINE QUIIN SLUSH FUND, QUINN BLOCKS ANIMALS BILLS, etc."

Lots of parade spectulars were mixed with Quinn supporters and anti-Quinn supporters.

I even thought the parade spectuars high in luxury building no one seem to notice.

When we were crossing wear cars are also allowed to cross, we hold up sign.

We came to end near Greenwich St/Christopher St around 17:25.

1011798_477621758986952_1124761801_n.jpg

I rush to 14th St and I got on East Village-bound M14D #5273 departed 14th St/Hudson St #17:36, and arrived 14th St/7th Av @ 17:39.

Total time on Bus: 3 minutes.

Next, I got on conductor car #1485 on New Lots Av-bound (3) Local departed 14th St at 17:49, arrived Clark St at 18:05.

Total time on Subway: 6 minutes.

I ran to 101 Clark St for Citizens Defending Public Library and Carolyn McIntires were also in parade with Tshi James (correct me) marching in the parade also. I almost overshoot because I was running to make it to meeting and meeting was wrapping up.

After discussing library caravassing, I didn't know Brooklyn Heights Library closed 1pm on Monday. THAT'S INSANE!!

After that, I got on front car #1316 on Harlem-bound (3) Local departed 18:50, arrived 23rd St at 19:09.

Total time on Subway: 13 minutes.

I made quick Whole Food errands at Chelsea Whole Food to get 2 isodated sea salt salt; HONEST TEA brand's Dragon Green tea flavor and got to line quick.

After that, I boarded front car 1446 on Harlem-bound (3) local again departed at 19:29, arrived 34th St-Penn Station @ 19:31.

Total time on Subway: 2 minutes.

Next, I got M34 SBS receipt at 34th St/7th Av and boarded PABT-bound M34A SBBS #5856 departed 19:37, arrived 8th Av/40th St @ 19:40.

Total time on M34A +Select Bus Service+: 3 minutes.

NJT officials were looking at my orange vest as I went to get my lunch at internet cafe. Internet Cafe at pizza place was not accepting cash, and when I asked how much is slice, he gave me pizza and he told me he pay for you. I said thank you and went to get ham sandwitch and use internet there while I was eating.

I checked internet there to sent my mom I will be home late.

After using 40 minutes, I went to DANY Studio, Studio 7 for Midnight Flashmob rehersal with KINESIS Project.

After rehearsal ended at 22:00, our flashmob location was foot of Times Sq TKTS at 11:30pm.

I call from payphone and heard to Times Sq TKTS.

Due to crowd, we had to change the surprise birthday flashmob for Midnight Flashmob by Hot Dog Stand that was on Broadway pedestiran plaza.

At cue, we performed MIDNIGHT LIGHT UP FLASHMOB with lights.

Around 12:15, we went to 7th floor bar area of Westin Hotel for flashmob surirpise party, where I only drink Coke and  used internet at hotel to check if (7) train was running normal.

After finishing my Coke, I said goodbye to KINESIS Project flashmobers and head off to Times Sq station where I got on front car #2010 on Flushing-bound (7) departed 12:01, arrived, 90th St-Elmhurst Av at 1:45.

THE END

Total time on Flushing Bound 7 train: 1 hour & 44mins.

Lmaoo

Cool trip. It funny how some buses and trains...your only on for 2-3mins

Yeah most of the trips I've seen him post never really hit above the 30 minute cap.

It funny how some buses and trains...your only on for 2-3mins

Yeah most of the trips I've seen him post never really hit above the 30 minute cap.

lol..... I've commented on his single-digit minute trips on buses before in one of his trip reports.... I can understand making multiple xfers w/i the subway system & spending say 2-3 mins on a particular ride [for example, doing the (4)>(S)>(2) & spending 2-3 mins on the (S)], but from bus to bus or w/e, I wouldn't bother doing it.....

this whole part right here:

After that, I got on front car #1316 on Harlem-bound (3) Local departed 18:50, arrived 23rd St at 19:09.

Total time on Subway: 13 minutes.

I made quick Whole Food errands at Chelsea Whole Food to get 2 isodated sea salt salt; HONEST TEA brand's Dragon Green tea flavor and got to line quick.

After that, I boarded front car 1446 on Harlem-bound (3) local again departed at 19:29, arrived 34th St-Penn Station @ 19:31.

Total time on Subway: 2 minutes.

Next, I got M34 SBS receipt at 34th St/7th Av and boarded PABT-bound M34A SBBS #5856 departed 19:37, arrived 8th Av/40th St @ 19:40.

Total time on M34A +Select Bus Service+: 3 minutes.

After having gotten off @ 23rd st to go to whole foods or w/e, I would've just walked to the SBS @ 34th

(since he wanted to keep up the theme of riding the SBS routes)

14 minutes on the Bx41 from Fordham Plaza to the Hub? Was your bus operator flooring it? The schedule gives 20 minutes for a trip like that. Maybe it permits too much time. 

Don't give the MTA any ideas, LOL.

Archived