NICE Hot Spots!

User

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious if PinePower knows this restaurant and how good it is since it's in his town :)

(if anyone from NICE reads this: please rotate the video to landscape next time ;))

Yup I pass by all the time, but I never actually went in there. But if we can get some of the girls that like to go there on the n35 I'm all for it!  :P

Yup I pass by all the time, but I never actually went in there. But if we can get some of the girls that like to go there on the n35 I'm all for it!  :P

Do they really think they're going to get NICE bus riders to take a bus to go to these restaurants? Most of them probably dine at Taco Bell.

I love Taco Bell but when was the last time people took buses to popular restaurants, especially in suburbia?

Before they knew they could easily get there with NICE? You do realize that NICE does this Hot Spots thing to attract riders, do you? I dont think half of Nassau is going to this restaurant now with NICE but some people may decide to take it now. And some new riders is always better than no new riders.

Before they knew they could easily get there with NICE? You do realize that NICE does this Hot Spots thing to attract riders, do you? I dont think half of Nassau is going to this restaurant now with NICE but some people may decide to take it now. And some new riders is always better than no new riders.

Exactly. Who is to say that new discretionary riders won't ride?

Do they really think they're going to get NICE bus riders to take a bus to go to these restaurants? Most of them probably dine at Taco Bell.

Yup, that's the attitude of your average ex - (MTA) LIB B/O your average bus rider doesn't enjoy ot can't afford good cuisine...  Please tell us what it's like way up there on your high horse....

Exactly. Who is to say that new discretionary riders won't ride?

Not only could they be attracting new riders but they are doing a service for the community, connecting the community that rides with the small businesses they pass everyday...

Yup, that's the attitude of your average ex - (MTA) LIB B/O your average bus rider doesn't enjoy ot can't afford good cuisine...  Please tell us what it's like way up there on your high horse....

Not only could they be attracting new riders but they are doing a service for the community, connecting the community that rides with the small businesses they pass everyday...

Oh yeah-I'm sure that people from Long Island are going to leave their cars home & ride NICE Low-life Express to one of these restaurants. I expected this kind of response from Mr. Ralph Kramden wannabe & this guy from Holland that thinks he knows all about Long Island & transportation here. I guess the truth hurts & I can hardly wait for the usual long rant & response from Mr. Kramden. For now,I have to go & feed my horse.

Oh yeah-I'm sure that people from Long Island are going to leave their cars home & ride NICE Low-life Express to one of these restaurants. I expected this kind of response from Mr. Ralph Kramden wannabe & this guy from Holland that thinks he knows all about Long Island & transportation here. I guess the truth hurts & I can hardly wait for the usual long rant & response from Mr. Kramden. For now,I have to go & feed my horse.

No long rant or response towards you, it's all been said before because all you do is come in here and say the same thing.  You are up on your high horse, you've probably held a CDL for probably (what?) 40 years?  You've made the equivalent salary to doctors and lawyers by driving a bus and are upset because the cake has run out, like I said I get it.  You do realize the difference between you and many of the low lifes you bash is that you were born about 20-30 years earlier than them and got a job with the (MTA) that offered insane wages and a pension for driving a bus.  You do realize that most drivers who have gotten their CDL to drive a bus on Long Island in the past 5-10 years fall into the poverty level, right?   Same industry they just weren't blessed enough to be born into the generation to offer themselves above average wages and pensions, screwing the generations below them with the burden of this.  Bus drivers aren't paid $100,000 a year with a pension, and it's not the fault of companies like First Transit or Veolia.  It was the fault of the bone heads from generations above who decided hey lets give every bonehead doing a shit job a pension, this has broken the County, State, and federal governments,  This is why not many public sector jobs offer a pension to new hires.

I understand your sad the cake ran out, but you were lucky enough to ride that wave for decades!  ...but get off your high horse!  First off your job that you lived very well off was created to give these people you bash a ride,  the job wasn't created to pad your bank account (maybe it was I wonder about the (MTA ).  And if it wasn't for the fact you lucked out with an (MTA) job you would be one of these low lifes (other CDL B jobs don't pay as well in the area) or you'd be another low life on the bus trying to better your situation by taking the bus to school (like many of the people on this forum.  Look at that, I guess I did have another rant left inside me just for you...

We will have to wait and see this can work out better than NICE hopes.

can you predict the future sir trying to attract new riders is better than just giving up like you you have no better idea so just stop.

Sure, I pretend to know everything. I'm a LI and NICE guru, with my high powers I don't need to live there to know how life is on the island! :P

Just to clear things up, for those like you who didn't know: I'm planning to move to NYC (and if possible, Nassau County) within 6 years from now so I do need to know a lot of stuff and thanks to the *helpful* guys (unlike you) and reading about and asking questions about NYC/Nassau/USA various hours a day for a few years now, I do learn a lot. And what I learn I can use where possible to help out or give ideas and input, which is what I do and when I don't know something but still wanna respond, I write a general post or something from my own experience. Just because I live overseas doesn't mean that I'm living on Mars. Some things are alike, especially in the NICE case because Veolia is also running in some areas in my country and I'm quite involved with them. And the general Veolia b/o and the way they run things is quite alike with NICE, which is what one would expect because it's the same company.

And aside from that: my previous response to you was just a general optimistic one. But I guess you didn't really see it that way because you pick on me and others as soon as you don't agree with them...

Anyway, let's get back on topic, we're talking Hot Spots here! :) Anyone going to take the n35 to that restaurant in Westbury (aside from the ones already living in Westbury)?

No long rant or response towards you, it's all been said before because all you do is come in here and say the same thing.  You are up on your high horse, you've probably held a CDL for probably (what?) 40 years?  You've made the equivalent salary to doctors and lawyers by driving a bus and are upset because the cake has run out, like I said I get it.  You do realize the difference between you and many of the low lifes you bash is that you were born about 20-30 years earlier than them and got a job with the (MTA) that offered insane wages and a pension for driving a bus.  You do realize that most drivers who have gotten their CDL to drive a bus on Long Island in the past 5-10 years fall into the poverty level, right?   Same industry they just weren't blessed enough to be born into the generation to offer themselves above average wages and pensions, screwing the generations below them with the burden of this.  Bus drivers aren't paid $100,000 a year with a pension, and it's not the fault of companies like First Transit or Veolia.  It was the fault of the bone heads from generations above who decided hey lets give every bonehead doing a shit job a pension, this has broken the County, State, and federal governments,  This is why not many public sector jobs offer a pension to new hires.

I understand your sad the cake ran out, but you were lucky enough to ride that wave for decades!  ...but get off your high horse!  First off your job that you lived very well off was created to give these people you bash a ride,  the job wasn't created to pad your bank account (maybe it was I wonder about the (MTA ).  And if it wasn't for the fact you lucked out with an (MTA) job you would be one of these low lifes (other CDL B jobs don't pay as well in the area) or you'd be another low life on the bus trying to better your situation by taking the bus to school (like many of the people on this forum.  Look at that, I guess I did have another rant left inside me just for you...

Just what I suspected from a jealous bus driver wannabe. You would have felt the same way if you started driving a bus 40 years ago. By the way,I started at $2.75 an hour. I believe doctors made a little more than that.

• 3 weeks later...

They do have mini golf and driving ranges which are cool, the driving ranges at Chelsea Piers is pretty cool and don't need to bring your own clubs, so I guess that would be an option of this new hotspot.  The thrill of Chelsea Piers (for me) is drinking in the city with friends, then "let's go drive some balls at Chelsea Piers" from a couple of stories up while liquored up (from what I've seen late at night on the weekends, it's "that type of a crowd).  You can take a cab to Chelsea Piers I can't see a group of people deciding to do this on Long Island and take the bus...  lol

As far as regular "golf people" I just can't see anyone taking all of their golf equipment on the bus, especially the n24!   :o  

They do have mini golf and driving ranges which are cool, the driving ranges at Chelsea Piers is pretty cool and don't need to bring your own clubs, so I guess that would be an option of this new hotspot.  The thrill of Chelsea Piers (for me) is drinking in the city with friends, then "let's go drive some balls at Chelsea Piers" from a couple of stories up while liquored up (from what I've seen late at night on the weekends, it's "that type of a crowd).  You can take a cab to Chelsea Piers I can't see a group of people deciding to do this on Long Island and take the bus...  lol

As far as regular "golf people" I just can't see anyone taking all of their golf equipment on the bus, especially the n24!   :o  

It's worth trying LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I love Taco Bell but when was the last time people took buses to popular restaurants, especially in suburbia?

People take buses to popular restaurants all of the time. But not usually if they have a car. 

I'm not sure that NICE is expecting people to leave their cars at home. The Hotspot program is probably for existing riders and advertising funds.

I think it will surely help get some new people to use the bus if they live in the area already. I don't think most people will leave their car for a long trip (e.g. from Mineola to Westbury) but they may get interested if they can use one line they happen to live nearby (e.g. somewhere along the n35 route).

I think it will surely help get some new people to use the bus if they live in the area already. I don't think most people will leave their car for a long trip (e.g. from Mineola to Westbury) but they may get interested if they can use one line they happen to live nearby (e.g. somewhere along the n35 route).

I doubt it. Unless there was a major parking issue. If they already live in the area then driving is that much quicker. 

Now, if these people have unlimited metrocards because they work in the city, then they may use it to stop by on the way home or something. Or MAY use it other times because it won't be an additional cost to them. Once they have to use a PPR metrocard they're going to drive.

I think people really underestimate the sure convenience and swiftness of driving over public transportation. Especially in suburban areas. 

In the city the Subway may be more desirable than heavy traffic and parking woes, however once those issues are eliminated than the natural choice for vehicle owners is the vehicle.

Quick comparison, by bus and subway it takes me an hour to get to midtown Manhattan. By car, I can drive to Woodbury Commons in Central Valley NY, in an hour.

True. I hardly know any bus routes in suburban areas (be that in either the USA, Belgium or The Netherlands) that are faster than cars. In urban areas, I do know quite some routes that are faster than cars but that all depends on the traffic (issues) and road layout conditions (and/or BRT).

• 9 months later...

New Hot Spot from NICE:

Latoya is hitting the links at Spring Rock Golf, located at 377 Denton Avenue in New Hyde Park. Spring Rock is the perfect place to work on your game or enjoy a fun outing with the family. They offer a driving range, putting green, pro shop, party room and 2 minature golf courses. Take the n24 to our Jericho Turpnike and Denton Avenue stop to reach Spring Rock Golf!

I can just see hordes of people taking the bus to go golfing now-lol.

Archived