George Zimmerman acquitted of murder in Trayvon Martin shooting death

Orion VII 4 Life

Before you could even contemplate that thought you'd be knocked out cold, a few days away from being buried six feet under.

In reality the property you were on was private, but open to the public. Regardless if you want to use it as an argument they had every right to throw you out as it's their property.

At this point I don't even think you're a hypocrite. Simply you're self patronizing, which is even worse.

What does that have to do with it? Following me doesn't mean he's going to kill let alone attack me!

Ths Port Authority of NY & NJ is a public agency, and on top of that Newark Airport is owned by the City of Newark and operated by PANYNJ (JFK and LGA are both similar, owned by NYC and operated by Port). Where I was is far from private property. Any private property though does reserve the right to kick people out or ban them as they see fit. To me, if I'm in a mall, store, private airport terminal (Port leases many of the terminals to airlines, the buikdings are still technically public and it's a very grey area legally) or other place like that, I don't care so much if I get banned for not answering questions, consenting to searches or whatever in exchange for keeping my rights and being a free man (not being arrested for random and utter BS), these places are just not important and absolutely necessary to me or my life. But if I'm in a HOA where either I live or someone I know lives, obviously I'm going to reasonably cooperate with security and not get banned from a place where I do need to be. But this is getting a little off topic and irrelevant, so I'll leave it here.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does that have to do with it? Following me doesn't mean he's going to kill let alone attack me!

Ths Port Authority of NY & NJ is a public agency, and on top of that Newark Airport is owned by the City of Newark and operated by PANYNJ (JFK and LGA are both similar, owned by NYC and operated by Port). Where I was is far from private property. Any private property though does reserve the right to kick people out or ban them as they see fit. To me, if I'm in a mall, store, private airport terminal (Port leases many of the terminals to airlines, the buikdings are still technically public and it's a very grey area legally) or other place like that, I don't care so much if I get banned for not answering questions, consenting to searches or whatever in exchange for keeping my rights and being a free man (not being arrested for random and utter BS), these places are just not important and absolutely necessary to me or my life. But if I'm in a HOA where either I live or someone I know lives, obviously I'm going to reasonably cooperate with security and not get banned from a place where I do need to be. But this is getting a little off topic and irrelevant, so I'll leave it here.

Dam right the PANYNJ can legally ban you from their property if they see fit. Also a mall or store is private property and they have the legal right to ask you to leave the property, If you refuse they have the right to have you served with a tresspass order from either the police and or security so if you return you can be arrested.

You know I do not trust the police or private security period, but If I did live in that community and I was followed by security/watch volunteers I'd let them follow me back to my home and watch me be welcomed inside. If they had anything to ask, being that I'm on a private property I would nicely state the name and address of the people I live with and continue on my way. If the guy wanted to be a dick and try to hold me there while he called them up, I would probably go along with it and allow him to confirm it was OK for me to be there being that again, it is private property and not even open to the public, hell I might call them myself.

LOL! I'm sorry dude but you sound so ridiculous right now.  It's easy for you to say that you would let a total stranger follow you to your home and watch you IF you know that the person following you is indeed a security/watch volunteer, which is the key thing here.  I don't recall hearing or reading anywhere that Zimmerman ever identified himself as a watch volunteer so from Martin's perspective, he was simply being followed by some weird @ss dude on a dark night with no one around.  

I can only imagine if all of us, all in all, were the consist of the jury in this case. We still wouldn't have a verdict (I guarantee it) and the lawyers will be running to the bars drinking hard and snorting coke every night from the hell we are bringing in debate here in this thread alone.

We just have to laugh sometimes in the midst of heated debates.

What does NYCTF think of this?

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue a family who was trapped in an overturned vehicle, police said today.

Zimmerman was one of two men who came to the aid of Dana and Mark Gerstle and their two children, who were trapped inside a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had rolled over after traveling off the highway in Sanford, Fla. at approximately 5:45 p.m. Thursday, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route Route 46, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where Zimmerman shot Martin.

By the time police arrived, two people - including Zimmerman - had already helped the family get out of the overturned car, the sheriff's office said. No one was reported to be injured.

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after speaking with the deputy, police said.

It's the first known sighting of Zimmerman since he left the courtroom following his controversial acquittal last week on murder charges for the death of Martin. Zimmerman, 29, shot and killed Martin, 17, in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012. The jury determined that Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense...

Read the full article at http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-emerged-hiding-truck-crash-rescue/storynew?id=19735432

Dam right the PANYNJ can legally ban you from their property if they see fit. Also a mall or store is private property and they have the legal right to ask you to leave the property, If you refuse they have the right to have you served with a tresspass order from either the police and or security so if you return you can be arrested.

PANYNJ can't ban anyone as a public authority, it is not private property. The detectives even said legally there is nothing they can do to stop me from entering the airport property or taking pictures there. Of course the malls and everything else is a different story, and they absolutely can ban/trespass someone from the property. 

LOL! I'm sorry dude but you sound so ridiculous right now.  It's easy for you to say that you would let a total stranger follow you to your home and watch you IF you know that the person following you is indeed a security/watch volunteer, which is the key thing here.  I don't recall hearing or reading anywhere that Zimmerman ever identified himself as a watch volunteer so from Martin's perspective, he was simply being followed by some weird @ss dude on a dark night with no one around.  

It's all about that. Being professional means identifying yourself and nicely asking questions as to what he was doing there. Never said George didn't make any mistakes, but not "being professional" and following someone without notifying them they're working/volunteering for the HOA isn't illegal either.

It's all about that. Being professional means identifying yourself and nicely asking questions as to what he was doing there. Never said George didn't make any mistakes, but not "being professional" and following someone without notifying them they're working/volunteering for the HOA isn't illegal either.

It's not illegal but you can't sit here and tell me that if some grown man was following you and you were alone and he didn't identify himself that you're going to "allow him to follow you home".  I mean come on now.  You would naturally be concerned for your safety.  That's all I'm saying.  I don't know if it would've made any difference if Zimmerman had identified himself, but not doing so just created a hostile situation that maybe wouldn't have occurred, so yeah you can argue that he stood his ground and was certainly in the right based on Florida law, but at the same time, he created the danger for himself in the first place by not identifying himself and not following police orders, which were that he didn't need to follow Martin. That's the main issue I have with SYG... That someone can claim it and create the dangerous situation to begin with.

PANYNJ can't ban anyone as a public authority, it is not private property. The detectives even said legally there is nothing they can do to stop me from entering the airport property or taking pictures there. Of course the malls and everything else is a different story, and they absolutely can ban/trespass someone from the property. 

Dam straight they can if you have been convicted of illegal activities on their property in the past

In other news about Zimmerman.

SANFORD -- 

The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office says George Zimmerman and another man helped a family of four get out of their vehicle after it overturned last week in Sanford.

Deputies said the accident happened Wednesday, July 17 around 5:45 p.m. in the area of Interstate 4 and State Road 46 in Sanford.

Investigators said a blue Ford Explorer SUV with a man and woman and their two children traveled off the road and rolled over.

Source

Read the full article at http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-emerged-hiding-truck-crash-rescue/storynew?id=19735432

He can save whoever he wants to.  Still doesn't change the fact he has to live in hiding as long as he stays in Florida; or hell maybe even this country.  I feel sorry for him if anything. 

First off, Zimmerman should have just kept his ass in hiding, because to me and many other his act of "kindness" was just a publicity stunt, an attempt to be shown in the media in a positive light. Only an idiot would let this act overshadow the gruesome act he had previously committed.

In fact had this happened in the duration of the trial this would prove the theory the Zimmerman just was a wannabe vigilante. Sometimes it's best to just stay on the sidelines.

And yes, PANYNJ can file a legal injunction against you or anyone else who is deemed a threat from entering their properties.

Being professional, well that sure went to hell with Zimmerman. He made many mistakes that night and as a result of that a young man died. I don't know why you continue to argue otherwise.

Dam straight they can if you have been convicted of illegal activities on their property in the past

That likely is true, I have heard stories about MTA doing the same though I think they need to go through the courts to get an order like that like Turbo said. You can't just be banned "because they feel like it". Getting a little off topic now, so I'll leave it there.

First off, Zimmerman should have just kept his ass in hiding, because to me and many other his act of "kindness" was just a publicity stunt, an attempt to be shown in the media in a positive light. Only an idiot would let this act overshadow the gruesome act he had previously committed.

In fact had this happened in the duration of the trial this would prove the theory the Zimmerman just was a wannabe vigilante. Sometimes it's best to just stay on the sidelines.

And yes, PANYNJ can file a legal injunction against you or anyone else who is deemed a threat from entering their properties.

Being professional, well that sure went to hell with Zimmerman. He made many mistakes that night and as a result of that a young man died. I don't know why you continue to argue otherwise.

I wouldn't say it's a "publicity stunt", I mean he didn't cause the accident or anything. He saw the opportunity to do something good and possibly make his opinion in the eyes of many people a little better.

That's how I understand it too. Being a public authority, they would have to go through a court and get an injunction against you, this is also how the MTA keeps criminals off its properties.

Archived