Couple snaps photos at all of Manhattan’s 118 subway stops

Turbo19

subway13n-13-web.jpg
James Doernberg and his girlfriend Kai Jordan documented their nine-hour trip to all of Manhattan’s subway stops.

Within a span of nine hours, a young couple managed to snap selfies at all 118 of Manhattan’s subway stations.

Starting at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, 20-year-old James Doernberg and his 18-year-old girlfriend Kai Jordan worked their way through Manhattan’s noisy, gritty underground. The couple dodged in and out of the trains, endured the annoyed shouts of conductors, and squeezed through the afternoon rush hour. By 7:19 p.m., they’d made it to all of the island’s subway stops, with iPhone photos as proof of their journey.

Read more: Source

Sounds like harmless fun as QM1 said; good for them, and let's not do the usual NYCTF and shit on it.

Also, so they were jumping on and off at stations...

"One conductor was furious and told us that if we kept "playing around on the subway" he would leave us behind.

Snowblock, where you at?!

the furious conductor was right to be furious only if what they were doing was delaying service (jumping back on the train like a few seconds after everyone else got on). other than that, seems like it was a cool thing to do.

I bet that conductor was on an old train. this activity is easier to do on new trains since the announcements are longer and louder than those a lot of conductors make, so you have a better idea as to when you have to jump (back) on the train and you get more time..

Sounds like harmless fun as QM1 said; good for them, and let's not do the usual NYCTF and shit on it.

Also, so they were jumping on and off at stations...

Snowblock, where you at?!

I'm off on Wednesdays.

Furthermore, delaying service like this is a violation, and the conductor could have requested a police officer to remove them from the train (and possibly written them a summons if they didn't want to be cooperative).

I'm off on Wednesdays.

Furthermore, delaying service like this is a violation, and the conductor could have requested a police officer to remove them from the train (and possibly written them a summons if they didn't want to be cooperative).

Yeah, or a simpler solution for everyone would be to leave them behind if the were truly delaying service to that extent.

Shit, if I were to go attempt this I would assume that missing the train is to be expected at least once.

I'm off on Wednesdays.

Yeah, or a simpler solution for everyone would be to leave them behind if the were truly delaying service to that extent.

Shit, if I were to go attempt this I would assume that missing the train is to be expected at least once.

There's no indication they delayed service, and they say they missed a few trains. 

There's no indication they delayed service, and they say they missed a few trains. 

Well that's what I'm saying, there should be no problem, but someone here is suggesting they would make it a big deal.

Archived