Njtransitishorrible.com

trainfan22

OK, the website states his point really well... but he's overdoing it with the "NJ TRANSIT IS HORRIBLE" that follows your pointer EVERYWHERE... and besides, I've never had a problem with NJT, even though I've only rode on it four or five times...

Hater I tell ya! What a loser.

1. MISSED CONNECTIONS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE

2. DELAYED CONNECTIONS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE

3. CANCELLED CONNECTIONS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE

4. NO CONNECTIONS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE

5. SWITCH PROBLEMS

6. TUESDAY NIGHT FIGHTS ON THE WAY TO BAR A IN BELMAR

7. SIGNAL PROBLEM

8. AND THE EVER POPULAR...................IT'S AMTRAKS FAULT

1. Connections, like for example, the NEC and SEPTA at Trenton, the SEPTA train always has to wait or the NEC train always has to wait. And another, the connection at Long Branch for a train to Bay Head, the two trains would always connect and if one is running late, then the other has to wait.

2. Equipment problem which is not always avoidable.

3. They wouldn't cancel a connection unless something happened thats beyond human control.

4. That one I'm still trying to understand.....which doesn't look understandable....

5. Hey, your always going to have a problem like that.

6. Are you serious? He must be an idiot.

7. Again, your always going to have a problem like that.

8. Thats because more than half the time it is Amtrak's fault, if its throughout the NEC, affecting the NJCL north of Rahway, and the M&E Midtown Direct between Secaucus Junction and NYP.

Now, I agree the big ups at NJT are paid alot to not do much, but thats a problem everywhere, or mainly with TAs that have big ups that dunno much of what they're doing and run what they control.

That site has got to be a joke though......

I've had my fair share of rail related problems when it comes to (NJT), but all of them are normal and to be expected with what they have to work with. Where they are working on tie and ballast there might be wheel slip and you might get shaken a bit from that, can't help it! (MTA) (NJT) and (SEPTA) drivers actually mostly (90%+) very much care about on time performance, safety and passenger comfort, because thats part of the reason they have the job they heave! Also... The ROW in most cases in the usa are very old and there are bound to be problems related to age, or age vs traffic load. Great example is the concrete tie replacement. Another example is when they replaced low speed switches with high speed switches. 50 years ago, going through switch points was the most dangerous part of your trip, nowdays it's a non-event.

Could things be better, yes! But could they be WAY worse? YES!

Folks need to realize what they have & stop being bitter nutcases.

- Andy

Hello Everyone,

Try going to Hoboken NJ on Weekends off of the NEC at the transfer station. The Wait there is 45 min to an Hour and on the NEC tracks the lighting inside the station is so bad that you can't get good photos of the trains going through there not to mention that the Amtrak and Express NJ Transit trains go through there at 60 MPH.

Eric

Hello Everyone,

Try going to Hoboken NJ on Weekends off of the NEC at the transfer station. The Wait there is 45 min to an Hour and on the NEC tracks the lighting inside the station is so bad that you can't get good photos of the trains going through there not to mention that the Amtrak and Express NJ Transit trains go through there at 60 MPH.

Eric

Yea, i think a shuttle bus between sec and nwk that runs every 10 minutes or so would work for now. What they really need to do though, is expand the light rail network to connect newark airport, newark, and sec.

The worst (NJT) experiences i've had were related to train crew, not on time performance etc. I've made no secret of the fact that i'm on welfare, and if i have like 2 dollar bills and i need like the extra 1.75 for peak hour fee, why the F would a (NJT) employee tell other people to not lend me the money when most people would obviously help. The 12 times this has happened to me in the last 10 years, i've either had the money & they said just keep it, someone helped, the ticket taker gave me a break, or as stated above a big brouhaha erupted when a self righteous fare collector started preaching about no one should help me.

He/She has a Fing job, i'm on disability. Just because your mom/dad or husband/wife/ etc is a deadbeat who never pays for anything doesn't give you ticket taker the right to tell people who i ask on my own for the extra 1.75 not to help me.

- Andy

Archived