Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
error46146

R160 A Train Spotted Today !

you better believe it !!!

saw it with my very own two foamy eyes earlier today, 11:53AM flying downtown on exp track at 42nd Port Authority

it was an Alstom propulsion, and the train was apparently a mixed with the older and newer R160's (the south facing end had the number plates with the wide numbers, while the other end has the other kid of number plates)

I dont think it was in service im not sure though, the signs were all off and there were a few people inside it but it did sound like it was stopping at the station (unfortunately i couldn't see, you know how 42nd is like and i was at the very front end of the uptown platform so i didn't know if it really did stop at the station)

but yea those rumors are true, you better believe it lol

saw it with my very own two foamy eyes earlier today, 11:53AM flying downtown on exp track at 42nd Port Authority

it was an Alstom propulsion, and the train was apparently a mixed with the older and newer R160's (the south facing end had the number plates with the wide numbers, while the other end has the other kid of number plates)

I dont think it was in service im not sure though, the signs were all off and there were a few people inside it but it did sound like it was stopping at the station (unfortunately i couldn't see, you know how 42nd is like and i was at the very front end of the uptown platform so i didn't know if it really did stop at the station)

Wait just a minute, alstom propulsion? And this might have been a test train. The MTA is a total mystery these days....

Error one word answer...

Schoolcar

SCHOOLCAR !!!!!

so basically your saying there are no R160's on the A, what i saw was schoolcar ?

Yes, that is what he is saying to you.

SCHOOLCAR !!!!!

so basically your saying there are no R160's on the A, what i saw was schoolcar ?

so I'm basically saying there are no R160's on the A yet, what you saw was schoolcar..:cool::cool::cool:

So how exactly does 2 people confuse a school car for an (A)???? What tracks do they run on??? I'm totally confused....

Any track. In the Flats (going to the Rockaways) it can be different since theres trackage dedicated to testing.

Any track. In the Flats (going to the Rockaways) it can be different since theres trackage dedicated to testing.

Ok...... so it was on an (A) track I take it?

Ok...... so it was on an (A) track I take it?

Yes. But it could end up going anywhere, it might've went onto 53rd Street (the (E) ) for example.

So how exactly does 2 people confuse a school car for an (A)???? What tracks do they run on??? I'm totally confused....

Thats the beauty of RTO ANY passenger car class can be used for Schoolcar...

Anywhere...

Any time....

Yes. But it could end up going anywhere, it might've went onto 53rd Street (the (E) ) for example.

Thats the beauty of RTO ANY passenger car class can be used for Schoolcar...

Anywhere...

Any time....

Now I get it. Thanks guys!