NJT cancels Designline order.

busdude2

Now why would NJT want to draw MCI away? They make one of the best damn OTR coaches in North America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't, they(MCI) initially wanted to stay far away from NJT after the restyled CL order because of their bitch-tastic enforcement on specs. That order was a nightmare for MCI, made their D4000 debacle look like child's play.

They aren't, they(MCI) initially wanted to stay far away from NJT after the restyled CL order because of their bitch-tastic enforcement on specs. That order was a nightmare for MCI, made their D4000 debacle look like child's play.

Refresh my memory what exactly was the D4000 debacle mentioned here ? They are real workhorses for NJT.

Refresh my memory what exactly was the D4000 debacle mentioned here ? They are real workhorses for NJT.

From what I was told. The first order of D4000s had a ton of issues that took time to rectify. The specs they had on the first batch and the customizations made to the powertrain areas had them breaking down left and right. They were not happy with the way things were going but it was their fault spec-wise.

As the order progressed, the kinks were being ironed out and they were performing much better. They were close to being labeled "lemons" which is unfortunately what the 7100 series CLs are.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

Now why would NJT want to draw MCI away? They make one of the best damn OTR coaches in North America.

If you want insane specs youll draw away the best.

The fans in the rear of the 7100s have a tendency of jolting forward when the brakes are applied. And sometimes will shutoff at the point when the bus is at its hottest temp!

If you want insane specs youll draw away the best.

The fans in the rear of the 7100s have a tendency of jolting forward when the brakes are applied. And sometimes will shutoff at the point when the bus is at its hottest temp!

Don't forget the *click* beep, beep, beep, beep that could follow.

From what I was told. The first order of D4000s had a ton of issues that took time to rectify. The specs they had on the first batch and the customizations made to the powertrain areas had them breaking down left and right. They were not happy with the way things were going but it was their fault spec-wise.

As the order progressed, the kinks were being ironed out and they were performing much better. They were close to being labeled "lemons" which is unfortunately what the 7100 series CLs are.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info.

Hopefully NJT won't spec the 84 MCIs to death. I'd like to see MCI do their own thing on this bus (frameless windows, fabric seats, a damn undercarriage so those Route 9 riders will stop their complaining, and maybe even a different destination sign color). Maybe then the passengers and drivers would enjoy them alike.

Hopefully NJT won't spec the 84 MCIs to death. I'd like to see MCI do their own thing on this bus (frameless windows, fabric seats, a damn undercarriage so those Route 9 riders will stop their complaining, and maybe even a different destination sign color). Maybe then the passengers and drivers would enjoy them alike.

NJT should get 1 spec'ed the way they want and 1 the way MCI wants and compare them. I would bet MCI's would perform much better.

Archived