NJT cancels Designline order.

busdude2

I'm honestly surprised the idiots at Penn Plaza didn't keep the order going under the new DesignLine ownership, I mean they've given them plenty of time already.

But, this was the right move, glad to hear we won't be getting more of this crap. I wonder if the plan is still for MCI to get the order and take the existing buses in exchange for a lower bid.

*Waits for Orion & PinePower's responses*

But in the meantime, what do we do now? Order from MCI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is still possible that DL will rebid when / if another bid comes out. They will have to raise the price because it was way too low to start with.

It is still possible that DL will rebid when / if another bid comes out. They will have to raise the price because it was way too low to start with.

They'd be idiots to go with them again. I'm sure MCI will do everything to win this order. They'll probably accept the DesignEcoCrappers they already have as collateral lowering the cost of the new bus order.

They'd be idiots to go with them again. I'm sure MCI will do everything to win this order. They'll probably accept the DesignEcoCrappers they already have as collateral lowering the cost of the new bus order.

That's if they bid. They didn't big on this order, hence why we got Designlines.

That's if they bid. They didn't big on this order, hence why we got Designlines.

They didn't bid because NJT was bitchy about the specs and MCI didn't want to reengineer their bus to meet those specs.

Obviously the bid for the 84 buses didn't have such bitchy specs, so this bid probably won't either and MCI will bid. DesignLine might also be disqualified from NJT bidding now.

It's a shame that it didn't work out between NJT & Designline. I actually like the ECO Coachs. It's nice to see something besides MCIs all the time.

Right, from a foamer perspective, but you have to keep in mind who rides them on a daily basis for over an hour each ride. Same for the MTA Prevosts, though I actually like them much more than the DLs and even to an extent the MCIs, they also have their issues.

They seriously wanted CLs with the new back like the 7100s? Shit!

Are they gonna do that on the 84 bus order?

Quite the contrary to the first part.

And at this point I believe they're very much forced to regardless of choice.

They seriously wanted CLs with the new back like the 7100s? Shit!

Are they gonna do that on the 84 bus order?

Um, no, you sarcastic imbecile.

The restyled CLs had a shit ton of both powertrain and electrical problems. They've been in and out of service more than any of the other MCI fleets that have been delivered to NJT. They were not happy for a good few months with these buses, in which it was their own fault for applying such spec-heavy options.

The 9000s fed off of the preceding D4500 order in which the specs weren't that much different, nor was it that much heavy on those either. The 71s had a different spec setup compared to the rest.

Between the restyled and their previous D4000 debacle, the restyled scenario was much more worse for MCI.

Um, no, you sarcastic imbecile.

The restyled CLs had a shit ton of both powertrain and electrical problems. They've been in and out of service more than any of the other MCI fleets that have been delivered to NJT. They were not happy for a good few months with these buses, in which it was their own fault for applying such spec-heavy options.

The 9000s fed off of the preceding D4500 order in which the specs weren't that much different, nor was it that much heavy on those either. The 71s had a different spec setup compared to the rest.

Between the restyled and their previous D4000 debacle, the restyled scenario was much more worse for MCI.

Perhaps then the bitchy specs were done on purpose to draw away MCI... also makes you wonder how the EcoCoaches would've turned out without the bitchy specs.

I just hope these CNGs turn out right...

Perhaps then the bitchy specs were done on purpose to draw away MCI... also makes you wonder how the EcoCoaches would've turned out without the bitchy specs.

I just hope these CNGs turn out right...

Bwhahahahahaha! If they really wanted to turn away MCI there was and currently is other ways to make it difficult for MCI to complete the bidding process.

And as a DesignLine fan I can assure those buses wouldn't be without flaw, but I'd place fault on NJT and their specifications over all else, but whatever.

inb4youdon'tjackshitdudeyou'refromcaliyouf**kinga**holegetthef**koutofherepost.

NJT had no choice but to take those CLS with the restyled backs for 7121-87. The old backs was discontinued with the 9000s. They got 7121-87 with the intention to update the front headlights later on to save money on that order as it would be cheaper to do so that way. And 7121-87 was the last time the old fronts would be used. Anything after that was to have the new style headlights.

With crazy specs they wanted still to this day they still have problems with them getting too hot at the last row of seats, and they get EXTEMELY hot at highway speeds. And then the C13 was no longer offered shortly after they went into service NJT should have been smarter and went with cummins before that happened. The higher numbered 7100s are lemons and belong on routes that have less stop and go.

NJT had no choice but to take those CLS with the restyled backs for 7121-87. The old backs was discontinued with the 9000s. They got 7121-87 with the intention to update the front headlights later on to save money on that order as it would be cheaper to do so that way. And 7121-87 was the last time the old fronts would be used. Anything after that was to have the new style headlights.

With crazy specs they wanted still to this day they still have problems with them getting too hot at the last row of seats, and they get EXTEMELY hot at highway speeds. And then the C13 was no longer offered shortly after they went into service NJT should have been smarter and went with cummins before that happened. The higher numbered 7100s are lemons and belong on routes that have less stop and go.

With all these crazy orders being made at NJT, you have to ask: who is watching the store?

Archived