FDNY Fire Academy graduates its most diverse class in its history - NY Daily News

realizm

Apparently you care. Funny how others posted similar sentiments in this thread, yet I'm the one who is bringing it off track. Please.  Do me a favor... If you don't like what I have to say, just don't read it.  Simple as that.  Don't worry... This place is turning into exactly what you want... A bunch of people who all agree with each other... Notice that people who have differing views on this site rarely post anymore.  Sad but true.

All you care about is getting your own way around here buddy and bringing in irrelevant things into a topic. I'm done with you, just like I'm done playing nice with some people here. Also if you don't like this place, get out.

All you care about is getting your own way around here buddy and bringing in irrelevant things into a topic. I'm done with you, just like I'm done playing nice with some people here. Also if you don't like this place, get out.

Yeah it's always "irrelevant" when people's opinions differ... I don't even know why you're in a off-topic thread for anyway... You usually post on train related or bus stuff... You would be better off doing that.  As for you being done with me, lol, as if I give two rats' @ss... My day will go on just the same. 

^^^ Ummmm this trend is not just happening here. Meanwhile in another multicultural city:

Reading this thread, I notice how some things can be similar.

In Paris also, there are more minorities in the police force than in the firefighters.

So why not the FDNY? I imagine anyone from anywhere on this earth can handle the job... Common sense.

It would be ignorant to ignore the rampant racism and homophobia within the currently nearly all-white FDNY when we talk about things like this...

And while I whole heatedly agree I'm not going to refute it further with individuals who show little to no level of interest.

Not trying to diss you, just giving my perspective on the issue,

Because clearly, agreement among humans is such a bad thing...! :rolleyes:

When it comes to quotas it is IMO...  <_< I don't support them and never will.  There is nothing wrong with our FDNY.  They are all qualified individuals which is what I care about.  Unfortunately some people have a problem with that because too many of them are white... :o What a surprise...  <_< I guess we should hire less qualified candidates just to even things out.  <_<

When it comes to quotas it is IMO...  <_< I don't support them and never will.  There is nothing wrong with our FDNY.  They are all qualified individuals which is what I care about.  Unfortunately some people have a problem with that because too many of them are white... :o What a surprise...  <_< I guess we should hire less qualified candidates just to even things out.  <_<

When did this become an issue of qualification anyway? If the FDNY passed all candidates without issue then that argument should cease as it becomes null.

If you are with the impression that minority candidates are incapable of quality performance than that is an issue that solely lies with you as far as I see it.

When did this become an issue of qualification anyway? If the FDNY passed all candidates without issue then that argument should cease as it becomes null.

If you are with the impression that minority candidates are incapable of quality performance than that is an issue that solely lies with you as far as I see it.

That's precisely been the argument all along... This article doesn't discuss it but there have been folks in the FDNY grumbling about the fact that the tests that are now administered have been dulled down so that certain folks can get in.  Some minorities had complained that the tests were unfair while others said that they were more than fair and that it came down to people studying and being qualified to pass the test.  I can certainly believe it... We have the same thing going on in our school system here in NYC with the qualifications being dulled down to improve graduation rates which I think is pathetic.

Archived