Lakeland Bus Lines

46Dover

Actually, I rode it for my birthday three weeks ago, though there were outbound morning trips. I only rode the 46 Dover-New York, which seems to be (judging from the schedules) to be short-turn variants of the Route 80. I have to say, I'm surprised the Dover Terminal was a waiting area and a bus garage. You also stand to get a nice view of the area.

Lakeland is my primary means of traveling to and from NYC (aside from NJTCR at Convent), since I hop on around the Parsippany area. Aside from being ~5-8 min late 95% of the time, the service is fairly reliable. Wondering when they'll be investing in a new fleet though; not that they need one for probably another 5 years, but it would be nice to see some new power along the line.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever taken a trip on Lakeland before? If so, where did you go and what was your experience?

Decent when I ventured out into Sussex county. I used Lakeland in morris more often than the NJT 800s as the 800s barely go anywhere I need to go. One gripe I have is the insanely high local fares that are not conducive to ridership past Dover. I used route 80 mostly.

I know they use NJT-owned coaches for the commuter lines, but do they ever use their own fleet where is necessary?

Yes we do, we operate D4000, D4500 (non state), D4505s, and the MCI Renaissance for our Wall Street runs only

Lakeland is my primary means of traveling to and from NYC (aside from NJTCR at Convent), since I hop on around the Parsippany area. Aside from being ~5-8 min late 95% of the time, the service is fairly reliable. Wondering when they'll be investing in a new fleet though; not that they need one for probably another 5 years, but it would be nice to see some new power along the line.

Whatever NJT gets down the line is what we'll be getting. The most recent "additions" we've gotten we're the 2 ex Academy State Buses 8857, 8858 (D4000s)

Yes we do, we operate D4000, D4500 (non state), D4505s, and the MCI Renaissance for our Wall Street runs only

Whatever NJT gets down the line is what we'll be getting. The most recent "additions" we've gotten we're the 2 ex Academy State Buses 8857, 8858 (D4000s)

You actually work there?

One more question: Those 80 trips that serve Dover. Are they combined 46/80 trips or are they a back up for certain 46 trips?

Combined 46/80 trips.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever taken a trip on Lakeland before? If so, where did you go and what was your experience?

Why are local fares so high for travel within morris county? The LL is more frequent than any NJT 800 line that serves Morris county.

Combined 46/80 trips.

Why are local fares so high for travel within morris county? The LL is more frequent than any NJT 800 line that serves Morris county.

Perhaps that's what they're capitalizing on. The Morris Country bus routes all seem sparse compared to the 46 and the NJT trains that venture into the 46/80 territory mostly serve Dover and Denville (and are more pricey). Anywhere else on that route, service is either spare (West of Dover) or peak service (MBL East of Denville), with no weekend service save to Dover and Denville.

46Dover, if you can find out if they are hiring? I have a CDL with P and B. 6 years experience and currently with Greyhound out of Pittsburgh. In the process of moving back to NJ.

Part time work is possible. See your inbox

Archived