Should the MTA provide overnight service on more local buses

Via Garibaldi 8

Please... Listen, plenty of people use the buses in the Bronx at night to avoid the subways and that's one of the reasons why ridership is higher on the express buses and why they run longer.  No way in hell would I use the (4) train or any other train going through the Bronx.  Even the (1) train is shady and that only runs through the Bronx for a short time and ends where Riverdale begins.  I for that reason would take Metro-North late nights if the express bus wasn't available.

The subways in the Bronx aren't dangerous... Shall I pull up countless stories of muggings and other events? <_<  

Then the whole subway is dangerous, because there are stories you never even hear of in the news. You need to factor that in too. You make it seem like it's a war zone, when it's really not. Yes, I'm aware shit happens on the subway, but it can happen anywhere.

There has been reports of sexual assault in the subway stations in my area, so are the subways dangerous because of that? Are the subways in Jamaica dangerous?

I would agree with you if this was the 1980's, but this 2015, 30+ years from then, where crime has decreased on subway all over. 

Then the whole subway is dangerous, because there are stories you never even hear of in the news. You need to factor that in too. You make it seem like it's a war zone, when it's really not. Yes, I'm aware shit happens on the subway, but it can happen anywhere.

There has been reports of sexual assault in the subway stations in my area, so are the subways dangerous because of that? Are the subways in Jamaica dangerous?

I would agree with you if this was the 1980's, but this 2015, 30+ years from then, where crime has decreased on subway all over. 

Please... The Bronx has become better, but let's not exaggerate here... I'd take a ride on the (7) train any day over a ride on the subway late at night in the Bronx. In any event it's still shocking that there is no overnight local bus service on the Grand Concourse.  I personally have never used the local bus along Concourse and never would, but from what I've seen while on the BxM4 there would be demand for it, especially with all of those apartment buildings everywhere.

Please... The Bronx has become better, but let's not exaggerate here... I'd take a ride on the (7) train any day over a ride on the subway late at night in the Bronx. In any event it's still shocking that there is no overnight local bus service on the Grand Concourse.  I personally have never used the local bus along Concourse and never would, but from what I've seen while on the BxM4 there would be demand for it, especially with all of those apartment buildings everywhere.

The demand is there mainly due to the (D)'s piss-poor service throughout the day. GO's make the problems even worse. There's also the fact that people just don't wanna take the (D) because the Bx1 is much more convenient.

The demand isn't enough; there's less people utilizng the (D) during those hours, or public transport in general, so it makes sense. 

Subways in the Bronx at night aren't dangerous. Once again the Bronx has this stigma of being the most dangerous borough because of stories on the news. I used to work at nights and would come home on the (2). I'm still alive, nothing happened to me. Yeah you have to keep your guard up, but that's not ONLY in the Bronx. That's in every borough.

Now about the Bx1 having overnight service. I think it should run north of 149th. South of it, I don't really think it's needed. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Subways in the Bronx at night aren't dangerous. Once again the Bronx has this stigma of being the most dangerous borough because of stories on the news. I used to work at nights and would come home on the (2). I'm still alive, nothing happened to me. Yeah you have to keep your guard up, but that's not ONLY in the Bronx. That's in every borough.

Now about the Bx1 having overnight service. I think it should run north of 149th. South of it, I don't really think it's needed. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

LOL... So this stigma exists about Bronx subways just by "chance"?? <_<

---

As for the (D) being dead, well it may be because of safety concerns.  I've heard stories about the Concourse north of 165th and how there are some very sketchy areas all the way past Fordham Rd.  Those people probably get in doors before it's too late at night for safety reasons, otherwise they would be using the service. Folks in Riverdale meanwhile are out and about late at night coming from the city. I've come home at all sorts of hours and feel perfectly fine in Riverdale.  Wouldn't do that down there in the Bronx though. No way no how.

Please... Listen, plenty of people use the buses in the Bronx at night to avoid the subways and that's one of the reasons why ridership is higher on the express buses and why they run longer. No way in hell would I use the (4) train or any other train going through the Bronx late at night. Even the (1) train is shady and that only runs through the Bronx for a short time and ends where Riverdale begins. I for that reason would take Metro-North late nights if the express bus wasn't available.

The subways in the Bronx aren't dangerous... Shall I pull up countless stories of muggings and other events? <_<

stop talking nonsense you sound very ignorant.

I stated the Bx4? Sorry, I meant the Bx9.

hmm interesting may work.

Well the Bx1 and 4, I'm kind of on the fence, but it would be helpful since there are GO's on the (D) and (2) at times

I'm pretty sure they run shuttle buses when that happens?

LOL... So this stigma exists about Bronx subways just by "chance"?? <_<

---

As for the (D) being dead, well it may be because of safety concerns.  I've heard stories about the Concourse north of 165th and how there are some very sketchy areas all the way past Fordham Rd.  Those people probably get in doors before it's too late at night for safety reasons, otherwise they would be using the service. Folks in Riverdale meanwhile are out and about late at night coming from the city. I've come home at all sorts of hours and feel perfectly fine in Riverdale.  Wouldn't do that down there in the Bronx though. No way no how.

You just assume that the Bronx is dangerous based on stories you "heard". How about walking around the Bronx at night and witness things for yourself instead of going on assumptions. Just like you feel safe in Riverdale at night, I feel safe in the South Bronx at night.

You just assume that the Bronx is dangerous based on stories you "heard". How about walking around the Bronx at night and witness things for yourself instead of going on assumptions. Just like you feel safe in Riverdale at night, I feel safe in the South Bronx at night.

Excuse me but I'm in the South Bronx now as I type this, but I sure as hell wouldn't be walking around here at night.

Archived