Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, DaVon said:

I have my OPA 2/14/2023, and my list number is 8xxxx. Do I take urine test and medical tomorrow? And is taking the OPA on first come first served? Wanted to know if I should arrive an hour before the scheduled time.

No urine and medical come a long way from now for you if it even comes to that

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DaVon said:

Also, my OPA notice indicates that if the OPA is passed there’ll be immediate processing for consideration of employment. I’m reading in the threads, that might not be the case?

When I took mine last September, I read the same thing too on the notice but wasn't the case, gotta wait till they get to your list number 🙏

33 minutes ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Anybody who did application process and urine test in the first week of December,did ya heard anything back from MTA yet? I don't know how to get in contact with them to see where I'm at and when will I go in for medical and final processing 

Hey Sanchez, I did mines I believe December 5th or 6th ..im list number 71## so there super close. Last number appointed was 7099#

But I talked to olha maybe a 2 or 3 weeks ago. They've basically caught up as far as conductors go. So hiring will slow down. There pushing for a training class in April.but no word yet..

Also take in to fact that they are recertifying the list. So people who restored there name are back in front. Basically expect to go back for another pre employment in March. But list is still good for another year.

9 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

Hey Sanchez, I did mines I believe December 5th or 6th ..im list number 71## so there super close. Last number appointed was 7099#

But I talked to olha maybe a 2 or 3 weeks ago. They've basically caught up as far as conductors go. So hiring will slow down. There pushing for a training class in April.but no word yet..

Also take in to fact that they are recertifying the list. So people who restored there name are back in front. Basically expect to go back for another pre employment in March. But list is still good for another year.

Thanks for the info friend,ugh I dread going back for pre employment,was there for almost eight hours lol,I'll try and go earlier next time if possible.

2 hours ago, DaVon said:

Most definitely going to take test again, and to be honest will inquire about the transit cleaner too. I hear Mta is calling off of current conductor list for cleaner.

they were canvassing people last year that were 10xxx and up, I believe they have stopped doing that

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 5:19 PM, Comrade96 said:

they were canvassing people last year that were 10xxx and up, I believe they have stopped doing that

I'm in the 9000's and didn't receive a canvass letter for the cleaner position via Conductors exam.. Although, the list has been extended for another year until 2024. Who knows if TA will still use this list to canvass people from the 8000's to the 10xxx's.

8 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I'm in the 9000's and didn't receive a canvass letter for the cleaner position via Conductors exam.. Although, the list has been extended for another year until 2024. Who knows if TA will still use this list to canvass people from the 8000's to the 10xxx's.

They have a cleaner list now, they will not be canvassing for that from here anymore. Being in the 9000s, dont get your hopes up

34 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

They have a cleaner list now, they will not be canvassing for that from here anymore. Being in the 9000s, dont get your hopes up

copy that. As a far as this list goes. If there's no real need for conductors between now and the 2/14/2024 expiration date will they mostly call people who requested to be re-certified back to the list and prolly leave the rest of the list alone.

I know there's a OC test for filing in June (correct)?

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

copy that. As a far as this list goes. If there's no real need for conductors between now and the 2/14/2024 expiration date will they mostly call people who requested to be re-certified back to the list and prolly leave the rest of the list alone.

I know there's a OC test for filing in June (correct)?

Yep, in june

1 hour ago, DaVon said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive results from the OPA? 

Hey davon it takes a few months, but for some they never got an email stating they passed, but you could email the exam unit and they will let you know if you failed or passed. Now if you failed that would be it, won't be able to proceed any further. Also what's your list number?