Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

4 minutes ago, Bolo said:

Hey guys, congrats to all. I see a lot of people asking about these positions. I don’t think it makes a difference on how they are picking, I was 7xxx (it’s been so long I don’t remember my actual number, just that I was in the 7xxx’s). I am in my 10th month now, almost done with probation. There has been many classes since the class that me and Milano was in so don’t look at those numbers to measure when you will get in.

5 hours ago, alexx said:

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bolo said:
6 hours ago, alexx said:

Hey guys, congrats to all. I see a lot of people asking about these positions. I don’t think it makes a difference on how they are picking, I was 7xxx (it’s been so long I don’t remember my actual number, just that I was in the 7xxx’s). I am in my 10th month now, almost done with probation. There has been many classes since the class that me and Milano was in so don’t look at those numbers to measure when you will get in.

You were in the 5XXX. Which means over 2200 people have been vetted since then.

46 minutes ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Few other questions...how long does it take to complete training classes,how many days a week  and how many hours do we attend class.Also (might be a dumb question) do we get paid for taking the classes?

I just completed my 4th week so I can answer almost any question. Training classes are 6 weeks. It’s 5 days a week(Monday - Friday). Yes it’s paid training. 

Edited by goliver28

16 hours ago, Jericho said:

You were in the 5XXX. Which means over 2200 people have been vetted since then.

I’m wondering, they just sent me a letter to go may 19 for my OPA. I’m a little concerned what are the chances I even get called for the next steps if I’m number 115xx

18 hours ago, Bolo said:

2 hours ago, Amir said:

I’m wondering, they just sent me a letter to go may 19 for my OPA. I’m a little concerned what are the chances I even get called for the next steps if I’m number 115xx

My opinion your chances are slim but just go for it,you never know what might happen

Prospective hires…it does make a difference with regard to the order in which people are being called. If you see a higher list number than yours that has been called and you have not been called, you should inquire why your list number has been skipped. It could be that MTA did attempt to reach out to you and perhaps they don’t have your updated information or perhaps you over looked an email. Follow up.

11 hours ago, goliver28 said:

You’re welcome. Be ready to have a decent size bag because you will be carrying a lot of books.

Yea I already have like a backpack duffle bag hybrid hopefully that's good.what time of the day are your classes? I know if I make it to the may 22nd class it might differ but I wanna get an idea,it would be great if mine are afternoon classes since I take my kids to school every morning.

2 hours ago, Amir said:

To be quite honest, I would apply for the next open competitive conductor test and any other OC test you qualify for on June 1st.

That upcoming test and the two promotional exams for conductors at hand means they can't keep pulling candidates from this one. They have to leave some room for those candidates to get hired.

But you never know and at the very least take the OPA so you know how it is.

Edited by Jericho

3 hours ago, Amir said:

Go for it anyway. U just never know. If for any reason they can't call u for conductor, they can also offer u a job for (CTA) subway Cleaner. From subway cleaner, u can apply for Conductor promotional, which is a way easier way to get into conductor, than coming in from an open competitive list. I know quite a few Cleaners that are from older conductor lists that were given the option to take the cleaner job because they didn't have anymore conductor vacancies from their lists.

49 minutes ago, DaVon said:

Prospective hires, stay positive, our list is still active. If you receive a letter to take the OPA exam, go take it. You have nothing to lose.

I mean, some people are undoubtedly thinking they'll lose a $200 pay day plus parking and tolls costs to sit at 180 all day long... But IMO it's worth the gamble, even at this point.  Just do it, folks... Try to make that day your day off if your current job will allow it.. But do go!

On 5/7/2023 at 12:10 PM, DaVon said:

Prospective hires, stay positive, our list is still active. If you receive a letter to take the OPA exam, go take it. You have nothing to lose.

Do you know what number they’re up to? 

26 minutes ago, Amir said:

I’m in Bayonne, I still have the old address which is where my mother lives 

just know youll have a fairly lengthy commute to your work areas if you choose to.take the OPA and get hired, not trying to dissuade you but know whay youre potentially getting into 

10 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

just know youll have a fairly lengthy commute to your work areas if you choose to.take the OPA and get hired, not trying to dissuade you but know whay youre potentially getting into 

At least he can stay with his mother