Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 7/21/2023 at 7:50 AM, EgyptianEyez said:

The TSS who was training us contacted one of the superintendents to see if they can try it in the A division and was given the okay. It really definitely depends on who is the TSS and if they care enough to reach out to higher ups to get you another chance.

Yeah but was there an a division class? If there's no a division class happening then you got to be able to climb  b division trains. They can't qualify you on a different division and not have a class to put you in.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Milano said:

Yeah but was there an a division class? If there's no a division class happening then you got to be able to climb  b division trains. They can't qualify you on a different division and not have a class to put you in.

What do you mean by that? You mean you gotta climb the same train as the division you’re in?

49 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

What do you mean by that? You mean you gotta climb the same train as the division you’re in?

The original person complained that they weren't able to alternatively climb on an A division train, but if there was no class, then that wouldn't be possible. That's why he asked if there was an A division class at the time.

47 minutes ago, Milano said:

I don't see how you could qualify to work on a train you can't climb. That's a major safety issue.

No I understand that of course. I thought you were saying that you gotta climb the same division train that you’re gonna work on. I’m in A division and i first climbed a B division train in Coney Island. I get what you’re saying now.

14 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

No I understand that of course. I thought you were saying that you gotta climb the same division train that you’re gonna work on. I’m in A division and i first climbed a B division train in Coney Island. I get what you’re saying now.

It's pretty much considered that if you can climb on a B division train, you should definitely be able to climb on an A division train.

With the new 3 year contract about to take effect I figured I'd update the pay rates.

Starting pay $25.05
2nd year $26.84
3rd year  $28.62
4th year 30.42
5th year 32.21
6th year top Pay $35.79 as of 2023

2024 Top Pay $36.8625

2025 Top Pay $38.1550

19 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

there will be 3 more classes this year, september, october and december, 60 conductors each. After december class I doubt theyll have any more given the test expires feb

Wow, & given that they’re up to the 8000’s. Why did it even make sense to have ppl do the OPA in May. 

On 7/30/2023 at 10:04 PM, goliver28 said:

Also bring the original letter that states you have sleep apnea just in case they asked for it. If you can have everything for them so you’re not put on medical hold it’ll be better for you. Unlike me who got put on medical hold and lost my chance and had to wait over a year for a second chance.

So if i have sleep apnea , i would have to get the 30 day cpap usage before im able to email them to get an appointment?  I was place on hold, waiting for my sleep study results 😩

39 minutes ago, KarNa said:

So if i have sleep apnea , i would have to get the 30 day cpap usage before im able to email them to get an appointment?  I was place on hold, waiting for my sleep study results 😩

Yes you have to use it for 30 days and at least 4 hours of it each night. Yes I went through it too. You gotta wait for the sleep doctor to interpret the results and then send you the CPAP machine through the mail. I hope it doesn’t take long for you like it did for me.

Hi Amir,

I have not. Still waiting for pre-employment to call us. I was told if have received a letter by now it would have meant you failed. I guess it’s a good thing we didn’t get called yet lol. We passed lol. But now it’s a waiting game