Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

13 hours ago, BklynGirl01 said:

When in April did you take your OPA, if you don't mind me asking? My number is 91xx, I took my OPA April 12th and I still haven't been contacted. 

I took mine on the 14th, not sure how the process works but just be on the look out. Hopefully they call you soon.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/23/2023 at 10:02 AM, Amir said:

Congrats!! If possible what number was it? I’m only asking because these days if the phone does not recognize a number it won’t even ring. So I just want to be on the look out. Thank you & good luck 

Thanks, yeah I don’t pick up unknown numbers these days it was a 646 number. They left 2 voicemails sent an email to me and texted so trust me they will reach you, best of luck.

Hey, got called in to pre-employment and drug testing as well this week. They spam your contact information, I got an email, two text messages, and a phone call so honestly you cant miss the notification.  List number 92XX. Good luck to everyone still going through the process.

Edited by Jamie

These are the potential classes coming up for C/Rs :

10/29- 100 People

12/10- 100 People

1/21/24- 100 People

There is also a class of 40 that doesn't have a set date yet. Again nothing is guaranteed but this is from our union president.  

3 minutes ago, mattbackupaccount said:

Train operator exam the previous one been how long , that extended and conductor not extended,

make zero sense .didn’t the last conductor list lasted 10 years?

They are not getting anymore money from me. I am good. They took the $25 knowing we weren’t going to get called. It should have been free

1 hour ago, mattbackupaccount said:

Train operator exam the previous one been how long , that extended and conductor not extended,

make zero sense .didn’t the last conductor list lasted 10 years?

I cant speak for the last exam,I got hired off of this one. Train operator exam got extended because there are more vacancies for it

3 hours ago, Kat77 said:

They are not getting anymore money from me. I am good. They took the $25 knowing we weren’t going to get called. It should have been free

I mean what's $25 for you to potentially get a pension? I personally think it's worth the money you spend to try and get this career. 

On 9/29/2023 at 6:38 PM, Apes said:

These are the potential classes coming up for C/Rs :

10/29- 100 People

12/10- 100 People

1/21/24- 100 People

There is also a class of 40 that doesn't have a set date yet. Again nothing is guaranteed but this is from our union president.  

What do you mean there's a class doesn't have a set date yet?there's a waiting list or something?

2 hours ago, Amir said:

I mean someone took the OPA a month before I did and they just got called few weeks ago 

Number?  I am in 13k

your in 11k they maybe a chance because some applicants can put in medical hold or  get disqualified..

either way you can still take the next exam as back up. It  is open right now

I  m taking it again to try scoring closer to 100 and wait….

and also taking the t/o exam 

good luck!!

Edited by mattbackupaccount

8 hours ago, BJC said:

What do you mean there's a class doesn't have a set date yet?there's a waiting list or something?

No waiting list, there's just going to be another class with 40 people but it doesn't have a date yet.

1 minute ago, Sebby5 said:

My drug test expired on 9/27,  the 3 month threshold, I’m mid 8000’s, will they call me back to take it again?

Yes.
______
The application period to apply for the next open competitive conductor exam is open. The train operator exam application period is also coming in 12/1 which I highly recommend applying for as it's a much higher wage job than conductor.