Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Got some potential news from the grapevine, take this with a grain of salt as things can change at any moment, but theres planned to be one class a month from now until december, do with that info what you will and again, grain of salt

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I have orientation this coming Monday. Does anyone know if we need to be in uniform for that? And any tips for School car? What type of bag I should get and things like that. Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, AG77 said:

Hey guys I have orientation this coming Monday. Does anyone know if we need to be in uniform for that? And any tips for School car? What type of bag I should get and things like that. Thanks in advance 

You have to wear a light blue buttoned shirt and dark blue khakis-like kind of pants. If you’ve seen the kind of shirts and pants conductors wear then you get the idea. I’d recommend KAKA bag because you’ll be carrying a lot of books. As for school car simply be on time, pay attention in class and don’t use your phone. Take notes on what the TSS’s are saying. They’ll tell you the key things to study so make sure you pay attention to those things. Also the 2 main thing to know as a conductor are the platform and conductor’s indication board. Know which side of the platform to open the doors and the conductor’s indication board(board with white and black stripes) is what tells you all doors are inside the station.

Edited by goliver28

3 hours ago, AG77 said:

Also to add on to the other person comment. In school car if you don't understand something or have any questions ask your TSS they are there to help. At first it will be a little overwhelming because everything is new but you will get it. Good luck 👍🏿 

46 minutes ago, CA93 said:

How late in the day do they do fingerprints. Will they get to everyone or just send you home after a certain time 

I think they do it up to 4:00 or so. Last time I was there it was getting late and they rushed it in. I remember I was waiting to take the photo and called me to quickly do the fingerprint. Once you’re in there they can’t send you home. 

57 minutes ago, CA93 said:

How late in the day do they do fingerprints. Will they get to everyone or just send you home after a certain time 

They rushed us up for the ID photo because that person left at 4. Then sent us back down to be called normally for fingerprints

41 minutes ago, Mel2024B said:

So, 

final process do you get a date for orientation? Or do you still have to wait on an email ?

You get the date for orientation after you do the fingerprint & photo. They give you the paper in person.

1 hour ago, Mel2024B said:

Anyone here starts orientation Monday 4/22

This has been a long process! 
when would be the idle time to purchase a book bag? I have a tote wondering if that’s fine for now

I would purchase that very soon because you’ll be getting a lot of books & stuff on the 3rd or 4th day

21 hours ago, S1213 said:

Thank you 

Wow so they really made it past 10,000?  What's the average test score for those in the 10k range? Low 90's?

Edited by Och0a16