Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

Just got my letter to go back for pre emp on Friday 🙌🏽

What time are they telling you to go in? I got my letter to come in Monday at 6:30AM, I was thinking/hoping that can't be the right time

For anyone doing the pre employment paperwork. Don't print it out double sided. I watched them tell around 20 people to redo their papers the first time I did pre employment

Just now, AG77 said:

What time are they telling you to go in? I got my letter to come in Monday at 6:30AM, I was thinking/hoping that can't be the right time

Lol. The letter is right. Every time that I’ve had to go in it’s been 6:30 or 7am. What I dislike is the short notice 😂😂but I’m make it happen. I’m hopeful for a positive outcome this time. 

4 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

Lol. The letter is right. Every time that I’ve had to go in it’s been 6:30 or 7am. What I dislike is the short notice 😂😂but I’m make it happen. I’m hopeful for a positive outcome this time. 

Lmao for me they went from 8 to 7:30 and now 6:30. You got this brother best of luck

14 minutes ago, AG77 said:

Lmao for me they went from 8 to 7:30 and now 6:30. You got this brother best of luck

Lol. Thanks. Wishing you all the best as well. (Im a female ☺️)

On 3/29/2024 at 9:17 AM, cris01 said:

I randomly decided to check it and saw that I had missed the OPA back in Jan31 2023. Is there ANY possibility of reentering my name to be able to take this exam? Or is this now a lost cause?

Any help/advice on this matter is super appreciated!

Thank you!

Have you considered emailing examsunit@nyct.com? That's what I would do...

Good luck and welcome to the Forums!!

On 4/2/2024 at 7:15 PM, Blu24 said:

Just got my letter to go back for pre emp on Friday 🙌🏽

Congratulations! You got this! Best of much with the employment & medical process as well as school car. I hope to hear your progress 

Posted (edited)

Did anyone here go on April 2nd and got an email?   Someone went in on April 1st and got their email to go back on Thursday so i thought i would get mine by Friday but didn’t get anything 

Edited by CA93

On 4/6/2024 at 7:03 AM, CA93 said:

Did anyone here go on April 2nd and got an email?   Someone went in on April 1st and got their email to go back on Thursday so i thought i would get mine by Friday but didn’t get anything 

The first time I went I got called back a few months after. The last time I went and I got called back a few days. Keep checking your email. Hopefully you’ll hear from them soon. 

16 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

The first time I went I got called back a few months after. The last time I went and I got called back a few days. Keep checking your email. Hopefully you’ll hear from them soon. 

This is the second time doing the whole thing.  First time I didn’t make the classes back in feb because i needed 30 days on cpap and by the time I got everything there was no more classes  and I see people went in on April 1 and already got their email I went in April 2nd and nothing. Hopefully this week 

1 hour ago, CA93 said:

This is the second time doing the whole thing.  First time I didn’t make the classes back in feb because i needed 30 days on cpap and by the time I got everything there was no more classes  and I see people went in on April 1 and already got their email I went in April 2nd and nothing. Hopefully this week 

yeah if it wasnt for the CPAP stuff I wouldve probably been hired between april-june of 2022 but I got in at september of that year, do they still have the machine shortage going on?

2 hours ago, CA93 said:

Reach out to Olha maybe. I just got an email again. Going back this week. Last year they told me I had sleep apnea because my neck was fat 😂🤣. Did my test and I didn’t 🤔. Not at all. Let’s see what’s happening this time around. I got one more trip left in me to that Mta office for this pre employment I’m telling yah. 😆. Btw next class 04/22.  

13 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

Reach out to Olha maybe. I just got an email again. Going back this week. Last year they told me I had sleep apnea because my neck was fat 😂🤣. Did my test and I didn’t 🤔. Not at all. Let’s see what’s happening this time around. I got one more trip left in me to that Mta office for this pre employment I’m telling yah. 😆. Btw next class 04/22.  

Someone said next class is 04/29 

1 hour ago, Comrade96 said:

yeah if it wasnt for the CPAP stuff I wouldve probably been hired between april-june of 2022 but I got in at september of that year, do they still have the machine shortage going on?

I dont think so 

20 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

That has to be the last trip because after you clear medical you’ll do the finger print & photo.

On 4/8/2024 at 12:49 PM, Comrade96 said:

Actually… they were just ordered to once again stop production of the units…

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pittsburgh/news/philips-respironics-court-order-overhaul-manufacturing-distribution/

Can anyone tell me if there is a money order involved in the medical process and if so how much is needed. I was called by Olha who said she was sending me an email with instructions for medical this Monday and mentioned a money order but I never got an email. I emailed employment operations but they take 3 days to email back. I'm not trying to get a message Sunday night telling me to be there Monday morning with a money order or something I don't have

1 hour ago, AG77 said:

Can anyone tell me if there is a money order involved in the medical process and if so how much is needed. I was called by Olha who said she was sending me an email with instructions for medical this Monday and mentioned a money order but I never got an email. I emailed employment operations but they take 3 days to email back. I'm not trying to get a message Sunday night telling me to be there Monday morning with a money order or something I don't have

Yes you have to get a postal money order. Last year when I applied the money order was $88.25. 

2 hours ago, AG77 said:

The other post is correct. $88.25 must be a post office money order.