Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 3/5/2024 at 5:23 PM, goliver28 said:

Wait some people were convinced to not take the OPA?! Oh my goodness that is crazy 

Yeah because there were some people giving misinformation and some were discouraged especially those that got their OPA letter in late April and early May of last year. Some telling people it was a very slim chance they will get the job and they should just sign up for the next conductor exam smh. You would have thought these people work for HR or know someone personally in HR giving misinformation. All I know for now is that the list was extended to next year and I wish everyone good luck that are either in school car or is still waiting to be called.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/5/2024 at 6:12 PM, Jericho said:

They can still reinstate themselves on DCAS and go from there. Wouldn't be the first time someone missed getting an email/letter/call. That said, people had been hired on the previous list that lasted for eight years so yea who knows.

On the other hand, we already have two promotional conductor exams and those people deserve to move up from their title as well.

Like I said if we don't work for Human Resources we need to stop with the misinformation or the what ifs. MTA know what they are doing. Covid and people retiring is two of the main reasons why the list is still going on. Too many people giving misinformation instead of just being positive and giving facts. I wish everyone the best of luck.

46 minutes ago, Amir said:

If I don’t get cleared by than, do I have to reach back to them once I do get cleared? & have to re do the entire process again? 

Yes once the 3 months passed you will have to do the drug test and medical over again 

48 minutes ago, Amir said:

If I don’t get cleared by than, do I have to reach back to them once I do get cleared? & have to re do the entire process again? 

This happened to me 2 years ago and I wasn’t able to clear medical within 90 days. They took my name off the list and I had to restore my name back on the list. I had to email LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov and give them my name, last 4 digits of my SSN, list number, and exam number. Then I had to wait until they were hiring again. Yes you’d have to do the drug test and all those paperwork all over again.

14 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

This happened to me 2 years ago and I wasn’t able to clear medical within 90 days. They took my name off the list and I had to restore my name back on the list. I had to email LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov and give them my name, last 4 digits of my SSN, list number, and exam number. Then I had to wait until they were hiring again. Yes you’d have to do the drug test and all those paperwork all over again.

Luckily for him the list had been extended a whole year, lol Despite what others are saying

12 minutes ago, MikeBonds said:

Luckily for him the list had been extended a whole year, lol Despite what others are saying

i believe the list got extended. I hope I clear Soon. It not I’ll try to email them to re-add my name to the list. 🙏🏽🤞🏽

8 minutes ago, Amir said:

i believe the list got extended. I hope I clear Soon. It not I’ll try to email them to re-add my name to the list. 🙏🏽🤞🏽

yeah this test is good until next feb at least unless they extend it again

Personal gripe section-I was called in for medical on 2/23/24. And placed on medical hold for a sleep apnea study because I met the criteria. Apparently the criteria is that I answered that I've snored in the past 5 years. I know I don't have sleep apnea, the MTA doctor is telling me I don't have sleep apnea. But that doesn't matter I have to be put on medical hold. I scheduled, took the sleep study, and got my results back all within 11 days (surprise no sleep apnea). Still not enough time to make the last class they had available on 3/5/24. Wild that their own doctor isn't enough to overrule me needing to be put on medical hold. Now I'm left in limbo to wait and see IF there's another class at some point. Missed out on a job because of bullshit basically. No one knows how to waste your time like the city 

Information section-I spoke to employment operations this morning of 3/12/24. I was told there are currently no more classes scheduled, they are turning over the list back to the city, and to email DCAS in a weeks time to have my name restored to the list. Also that upon restoration any medical records they had would be void, drug/medical, so it would currently be a waste of my time to bring in paperwork to get cleared of the medical hold. So for anyone currently on medical hold, hold on to any paperwork and emails related to it. You may need to be cleared a second time, go through drug and medical additional times as well. Hope this helps someone

44 minutes ago, AG77 said:

Personal gripe section-I was called in for medical on 2/23/24. And placed on medical hold for a sleep apnea study because I met the criteria. Apparently the criteria is that I answered that I've snored in the past 5 years. I know I don't have sleep apnea, the MTA doctor is telling me I don't have sleep apnea. But that doesn't matter I have to be put on medical hold. I scheduled, took the sleep study, and got my results back all within 11 days (surprise no sleep apnea). Still not enough time to make the last class they had available on 3/5/24. Wild that their own doctor isn't enough to overrule me needing to be put on medical hold. Now I'm left in limbo to wait and see IF there's another class at some point. Missed out on a job because of bullshit basically. No one knows how to waste your time like the city 

Information section-I spoke to employment operations this morning of 3/12/24. I was told there are currently no more classes scheduled, they are turning over the list back to the city, and to email DCAS in a weeks time to have my name restored to the list. Also that upon restoration any medical records they had would be void, drug/medical, so it would currently be a waste of my time to bring in paperwork to get cleared of the medical hold. So for anyone currently on medical hold, hold on to any paperwork and emails related to it. You may need to be cleared a second time, go through drug and medical additional times as well. Hope this helps someone

Let me tell you something about that sleep apnea. That thing has screwed over a lot of people including myself. The whole sleep apnea process takes so long and they drag their feet. At least with me they did. I had my opportunity in October 2021 and lost it. They didn’t reach out to me again until last year. I was smart and kept the paperwork so when they asked me for the documents they were surprised I had everything prepared. Yes keep the paperwork so that you don’t have to go through the process all over again

9 hours ago, AG77 said:

INSANE!!! Those doctors over there I totally feel are not real doctors. A lot of ppl lost opportunities because of this sleep apnea crap. I’m sure they will put you back on the list. 

8 hours ago, goliver28 said:

Let me tell you something about that sleep apnea. That thing has screwed over a lot of people including myself. The whole sleep apnea process takes so long and they drag their feet. At least with me they did. I had my opportunity in October 2021 and lost it. They didn’t reach out to me again until last year. I was smart and kept the paperwork so when they asked me for the documents they were surprised I had everything prepared. Yes keep the paperwork so that you don’t have to go through the process all over again

I’m taking a at home test this week, hopefully I clear and once I do I’m emailing them and than showing up in person. SMH 

9 hours ago, AG77 said:

Who doesn’t snore these days? I have a 3 yr old and after him running around all day at night he snores… even those doctors snore. SMH 

29 minutes ago, Amir said:

Who doesn’t snore these days? I have a 3 yr old and after him running around all day at night he snores… even those doctors snore. SMH 

its a valid concern, they don't want people falling asleep while on the job, its to cover themselves but I will admit they go a bit too hard about it sometimes

54 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

its a valid concern, they don't want people falling asleep while on the job, its to cover themselves but I will admit they go a bit too hard about it sometimes

I totally get it, just sucks. I’ll still send them a email than I’m going to show up In person. I’m not gonna just give up. 

10 hours ago, AG77 said:

So if you’re medically cleared. When u go back is the paper work stating that you’re clear good enough? Or you’ll still need to take another sleep test? 

Hi everyone!

My aunt is from this exam with a list # of 12743.

She received an email last August about going in, but didn't act on it. Is there any way to get put back on the list or find out more information on how to proceed?

Thanks in advanced!

On 3/12/2024 at 12:01 PM, goliver28 said:

It's incredibly frustrating dealing with a system this inefficient. Sad that it took them that long to call you back but I'm happy you got your call

19 hours ago, Amir said:

So if you’re medically cleared. When u go back is the paper work stating that you’re clear good enough? Or you’ll still need to take another sleep test? 

I'm not 100% sure. When I told her I was cleared but the paper wasn't reviewed by their doctors she told me to hold on to the papers for when I get restored. So it was implied that the papers would still be valid to clear but wasn't explicitly stated. She did say 100% drug and medical would have to be done again no matter what. Can't wait to sit in a chair for nine and a half hours again so I can pee in a cup and leave 

On 3/13/2024 at 3:32 PM, Statty said:

Hi everyone!

My aunt is from this exam with a list # of 12743.

She received an email last August about going in, but didn't act on it. Is there any way to get put back on the list or find out more information on how to proceed?

Thanks in advanced!

Kindly  have her reach out to DCAS  via email and request to have her name restored to the certification for future hiring. The email address is  LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov.

She will need to add her full name, last 4 digits of your SSN, Exam #, list #, and a brief statement requesting to have your name restored back to the Conductor list.