Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, Amir said:

I personally think I F***ed big time I had my sleep test last night and I did have few cups of wine. SMH. Point is my results came back off. I’m schedule to see the sleep doctor at bluesleep this week coming. I’m hoping I can explain to her i had some wine the night of and if it is possible to retake the test. 😤😤😤. If not than I guess I’ll have to get treatment and my opportunity will be blown. I am totally sure I’m not the first person that had some wine not being aware it would trigger it.  

Yea be careful of drinking and smoking. They even say you have to give yourself a certain amount of time after eating before you put the CPAP machine on.

Edited by goliver28

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tested positive, had to do 30 days to provide the report, after the 30 days the sleep doctor writes the clearance letter and you take it to 149 to get cleared from the medical hold, FYI after the 30 days continue to use the machine, the doctors at 149 might need to see that your still using it 

16 minutes ago, Amir said:

Has anyone taking a sleep test and has sleep apnea? If so how did you go about it to get cleared? 

I have but my situation may have been weird/special. When I got diagnosed with it I had to get the machine, waited a while for that to come in due to national shortage of the machines being recalled. Did the 30 days of monitoring that transit requires and got the data. My medical actually ended up expiring but I was kept on the list and sent to my 3rd pre employment eventually

5 hours ago, Amir said:

Has anyone taking a sleep test and has sleep apnea? If so how did you go about it to get cleared? 

They required me to use the CPAP for 30 days straight with at least 4 hours recorded

Edited by goliver28

18 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

I have but my situation may have been weird/special. When I got diagnosed with it I had to get the machine, waited a while for that to come in due to national shortage of the machines being recalled. Did the 30 days of monitoring that transit requires and got the data. My medical actually ended up expiring but I was kept on the list and sent to my 3rd pre employment eventually

My medical is going to expire on the 12 of April. I’m hoping I can get the treatment than reach back to the MTA

19 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

After your medical expired how did you find out if your name was still on the list? Also once you cleared did you email them? Or just showed up to their office? 

8 minutes ago, Amir said:

After your medical expired how did you find out if your name was still on the list? Also once you cleared did you email them? Or just showed up to their office? 

The list expires next year in February, and I expired out myself , I just went down there in person 

1 minute ago, MikeBonds said:

The list expires next year in February, and I expired out myself , I just went down there in person 

Got you, thank you so much. Hopefully I can get this treatment started asap. 

2 hours ago, Amir said:

I did both. When I emailed ecmro@nyct that I have the papers to clear my hold, I showed up in person for them to tell me my medical was expired. I did reach out to DCAS, and they themselves told me I was still on the list. So idk what happened that made me stay on the list but it was perhaps me actually coming in that one day?

MTA emailed me last week that they’re sending back the list to DCAS and if I wanted to be placed back on the list to send an email. I did. I’m thinking about going in person one day but I heard that they moved. What’s the new address? 

36 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

MTA emailed me last week that they’re sending back the list to DCAS and if I wanted to be placed back on the list to send an email. I did. I’m thinking about going in person one day but I heard that they moved. What’s the new address? 

149 Peirpont Street, Downtown Brooklyn l, Behind the union hall 

Does anyone know when’s the next class? 
I was called back for a 2nd lab and medical. However, not the finishing process. This is really ridiculous how they run us. I really can’t plan any vacation or nothing! 

33 minutes ago, Mel2024B said:

I was called back for a 2nd lab and medical. However, not the finishing process. This is really ridiculous how they run us. I really can’t plan any vacation or nothing! 

wait they didnt swear you in? That's new.........

38 minutes ago, Mel2024B said:

You should probably throw any plans for a vacation out the window unless you do it now. When you get hired, you will get one vacation day per month that are to be used for next year. Maybe they will grant you an unpaid leave of absence, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

2 hours ago, Mel2024B said:

Passed the medical

only question is did i waste my time again ? 

i did my drug test in January  thought id be getting called for medical and to be hired. Its just another steP Added 

This is insane. The only good thing about this MTA gig is pension and more opportunity. I have to clear medical & I’ll have to wear a CPAP for 30 days. This is just insane. It’s wild how they run stuff.

i took the bus yesterday and the driver of the bus was way heavier than me. I’m confused about how they run stuff. Good luck hopefully you go in soon. Least the list doesn’t expire until next yr. 

2 hours ago, Amir said:

This is insane. The only good thing about this MTA gig is pension and more opportunity. I have to clear medical & I’ll have to wear a CPAP for 30 days. This is just insane. It’s wild how they run stuff.

i took the bus yesterday and the driver of the bus was way heavier than me. I’m confused about how they run stuff. Good luck hopefully you go in soon. Least the list doesn’t expire until next yr. 

They be going hard. I did pre employment twice and medical twice and gave up 🤣. Now I’m back. The first time I went in they had me do a sleep study and wanted me to get a letter from my endocrinologist because I’m diabetic so I ended up getting a letter from my pcp. I sent them everything and they let me wait again when I finally went back I had to do everything over from scratch. The good thing is that I stay d in contact with Olha and about a week after I completed the second pre employment/ medical they called me to come in. I was out of the country so that didn’t go as planned.  They just emailed me last week and said to email dcas to get my name on the list and I did. I just got email confirmation from them my name was restored. My number is 7000’s so I’m see how it goes this time around. 

5 hours ago, Mel2024B said:

Passed the medical

only question is did i waste my time again ? 

i did my drug test in January  thought id be getting called for medical and to be hired. Its just another steP Added 

It just means they don't have a class to put you in yet.

On 2/9/2024 at 8:38 PM, MikeBonds said:

Got hired today for the march 4th class! My advice to anyone wondering “why no email?” Or “why so long” GO DOWN THERE!!! They are literally sitting on paperwork!!! FYI they are moving from 180 so they are packing boxes of paperwork, so you know it’s going to be a lot “missing paperwork” DONT BE NERVOUS! GO DOWN! I went on 2-2-24 to inquire about a drug test I took on 1-5-24 and they sent the email the same day on 2-2-24 telling me to come down today for the medical and got cleared! Good luck too all and thank you to this thread and great advice throughout these months! God bless you all! 

Hey,

have you hear anything about a new class ? I’m guessing the last one is 5/4 but they let you know about it in February which is strange because i haven’t heard a date for an April class.

This might be a long shot but the email put down on the time of the exam has not been used. I randomly decided to check it and saw that I had missed the OPA back in Jan31 2023. Is there ANY possibility of reentering my name to be able to take this exam? Or is this now a lost cause?

Any help/advice on this matter is super appreciated!

Thank you!