Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

N1CKR, all the pre-employment letter says is "we're considering you for a provisional position as station agent", there's no conditions, unless you consider the showing up at 180 and peeing in a cup a condition of employment, which it is lol - until they publish the list everyone has to get hired as provisional.

What they're waiting for in publishing it I don't know since people have list numbers on their pre-employment letters - which is why I think they have it and are just sitting on it.

Pre-employment is by mail, final processing is apparently by email, although last week I got a phone call about coming in for the third drug test.

Edited by hmc12989

1 minute ago, Kur0n3k0 said:

Thanks I hope everyone gets good news soon. I would love to be in class with people I know...kinda lol

Hope you don't get stuck in the three drug test loop like me - I went Tuesday for my third. Hoping for April, but they had told me it might be May, which is why they sent me for another test - I took my 2nd on 2/7.

I've been compulsively email stalking - maybe some good news later/Monday or Tuesday? :P

You guys are funny lol and I hope I don't get stuck in the multiple drug test list either lol if I started in May I wouldn't be mad because I could finish out my college semester but still let's see how it goes. Also my list my list number was 47.0000 does that mean I'm number 47 on the list? 

On 2/19/2018 at 10:26 PM, Sank said:

What is the interview like?

There are no interview questions: just processing your paperwork, fingerprinting if it applies, and swearing in. Since I was separated from city service less than a year, I didn't have to pay the fingerprinting fee and didn't have to do fingerprints. There is no fingerprint waiver if you are on public assistance. Have your CPD-B form filled out completely. Research your I.R.S. W-4 and N.Y.S. IT-2104 allowances because the M.T.A. doesn't give the secondary papers to make the calculations. Bring a blue and black pen. Make sure you have your direct deposit information, beneficiaries for your pension with social security numbers. The secondary pack of papers the M.T.A. gives you must not have any errors or you have to do them all over. You have someone call your name and they look at all your paperwork for accuracy. You swear in and sign an oath to uphold the Constitution as a Station Agent. After that you get your new hire packet, booklets, and training location. I took my picture for my i.d. That sums it up basically.

15 minutes ago, MTA-LADY said:

There are no interview questions: just processing your paperwork, fingerprinting if it applies, and swearing in. Since I was separated from city service less than a year, I didn't have to pay the fingerprinting fee and didn't have to do fingerprints. There is no fingerprint waiver if you are on public assistance. Have your CPD-B form filled out completely. Research your I.R.S. W-4 and N.Y.S. IT-2104 allowances because the M.T.A. doesn't give the secondary papers to make the calculations. Bring a blue and black pen. Make sure you have your direct deposit information, beneficiaries for your pension with social security numbers. The secondary pack of papers the M.T.A. gives you must not have any errors or you have to do them all over. You have someone call your name and they look at all your paperwork for accuracy. You swear in and sign an oath to uphold the Constitution as a Station Agent. After that you get your new hire packet, booklets, and training location. I took my picture for my i.d. That sums it up basically.

Hey I took my drug test on Wednesday. They said 3-90 days to hear back. How long did it take you to hear back after initial drug test ? Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Sank said:

Hey I took my drug test on Wednesday. They said 3-90 days to hear back. How long did it take you to hear back after initial drug test ? Thank you. 

I took 2 drug tests, the first one in October and the second one on January 17th. I received an email on January 26th after 6 p.m. to report on January 29th at 9 a.m. for my conditional offer of employment. I went through the interview process and they gave me a training class date of March 12th. I estimate slightly 90 days with the second drug test tiding me over until I start training.

LOL me too, and I have TWO copies of it. Obviously I'll bring the more recent one. That's how I entertained myself waiting for the drug test last week...recopying it.

Maybe tomorrow will be the magic day? (I hope.)

Edited by hmc12989

Current list is just provisional. Once they establish the permanent list, they will call from that list. So, people that were hired provisionally are at risk of getting terminated if their list# is not reached on the permanent list. When I got hired I asked how are these provisional list numbers generated (is it base by score) and she couldn’t confirm but she said based on the past the provisional list #’s aren’t too far from what the actual permanent list # will be. I didn’t ask why they are rushing to call ppl now w/o having an established list. I was just happy to get hired. She also said there’s no telling how long it will take and that some people remain provisional for years (didn’t confirm if those are other SA she was referring to)