Subways In Long Island

Edgar

I've thought portions would do well to have a trolly or light rail system. I think any underground stuff would be a mistake, because A. long island is actually quite huge, and B. LIRR is there, and C. the ground is glacial moraine, with bedrock very, very far down in most spots. Light rail or trolly tied into LIRR would work better i think.

- A

I've thought portions would do well to have a trolly or light rail system. I think any underground stuff would be a mistake, because A. long island is actually quite huge, and B. LIRR is there, and C. the ground is glacial moraine, with bedrock very, very far down in most spots. Light rail or trolly tied into LIRR would work better i think.

- A

Hmm. I like the Light Rail idea..

Subway lines being extended, where need to Long Island would be nice.

You know, the LIRR lines needs to be more like the Port Washington line, which is basically a glorified subway line.

Long Island is perfect for a network of light rail lines, but they need to build one line first to see its advantage. Soon nuff they'll go crazy with it.....

Subway lines being extended, where need to Long Island would be nice.

You know, the LIRR lines needs to be more like the Port Washington line, which is basically a glorified subway line.

Long Island is perfect for a network of light rail lines, but they need to build one line first to see its advantage. Soon nuff they'll go crazy with it.....

Every LRV system i've seen has aided in bringing the whole area it serves up a few notches in richness & liveliness, and it usually adds to the look as well. HBLR is a perfect example of this.

- A

Some subway lines have the possibility to be extended into West Nassau County but other than that I don't see any subway lines being built in LI.

They need to cover more of queens & bx before extending to nassau co.

- A

Well the MTA could extend the (A) off the rockway down to Long Beach, it would also sound weird to merge the LIRR with it as it use to be -_-

And Maybe the (F) Extends?

I Also notice the Archer Line, the (E) has a tunnel after jamica center that extends a bit but may bot be close to Nassau County...

Just my (2)(5) Cents :D

I have considered extending the (F)(R) trains out to Mineola via Hillside, the (E) to Hicksville via Jericho Turnpike and Old Country Road, and the (J)(Z) to Hicksville, maybe the Lefferts Blvd (A) train renamed the (H) and extended to Freeport.

I do agree with Light Rail for north south routes in Nassau and entirely for Suffolk County.

I have considered extending the (F)(R) trains out to Mineola via Hillside, the (E) to Hicksville via Jericho Turnpike and Old Country Road, and the (J)(Z) to Hicksville, maybe the Lefferts Blvd (A) train renamed the (H) and extended to Freeport.

I do agree with Light Rail for north south routes in Nassau and entirely for Suffolk County.

Ya, i don't think anyone would want to ride a line that long at only 40-50 mph max. There's not enough space for subway extension that far anyways unless you went elevated. Would not work very well. Light rail connections would be far more efficient and be able to connect the current subway terminals in queens to the rest of long island.

- A

Archived